Online Recast Suppliers

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Hydra Mirage

Online Recast Suppliers

Post by Hydra Mirage » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:04 am

I use HobbyFan. But there are some kits at E2046 that aren't available elsewhere.
What are E2046 like ? Anybody here used them before ?
Has anyone used Chrome head or Plamania also.

Also, if there are any other major sites out there please share some links.

Thanks.

elemental

Post by elemental » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:15 am

E2046 is OK. Their quality is not fantastic, but still acceptable.

Chrome Head is supposed to offer superb quality, but I have never ordered from them.

Another reliable retailer is mfgk.com. Although I have never bought a robot from them, their FSS figures are much better quality than e2046. Pity they don't have much listed as being in stock. :(

I hope this helps you.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:02 pm

Don't bother with Korean on-line shops such as plamania.co.kr or Chromehead.co.kr . They do not reply to your emails when you want to order something from them.

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:29 pm

Ive ordered off hobby fan before and want to try e2046, i generally hear good things about them. The last time i ordered from hobby fan ( a long long time ago) i got into a spat with them about shipping (Est weighs 20grams damnit! It does not cost 30 bucks to send to the UK!!!!!) but it looks like they're sorted now so i might go to them for the sr03 since theyre the only ones who have it in stock that i know of.

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:44 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I've had a great experience with Hobbyfan.
But has anybody actually ordered from E2046 ?

My only reservation about E2046 is that they are based in Hong Kong, whilst HobbyFan is San Francisco...

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:06 pm

I've been ordering from E2046 for a long time now. While they are in HK, they are able to offer a very low shipping cost and able to have the kit reach you on average of 7-14days.

The only problem with E2046 is their availability system. They seem to leave a lot of their kits in "pre-Order" when they are actually out of stock and waiting for the number of pre-orders to reach its required number of sets in order to begin the process of reproduction.

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:18 pm

Are there any others there other than the ones listed above? And yeh e2046 seems to have very cheap shipping, 2 dollars to the US for even the Jagd, obviously they are subsidising. And if thats how their preorder system works thats fine with me. I can wait for an LED now that ive just noticed the Yen Xing is in stock...

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:02 pm

Hobbyfan and E2046 are about the only reliable sources for on-line shopping.

There are two below which I have never ordered from:

http://www.animebox.com.hk -Availability issue is worst than E2046. They only seem to stock a small percentage of the kits they have in their catalog

http://www.sky111.com/index.asp?Catid=0 ... 6589907788 -Heard it was a site operated by a work shop in Hong Kong name Magic Box.

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:23 am

I order from e2046 more often than Hobbyfan lately. They are equal in quality as far as I am concerned. They are both reliable and I trust them.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:47 am

I heard both shops have the same source. I guess the good thing about ordering from E2046 is that they'll get the kits sooner when it is released whereas Hobbyfan still need to wait for the shipments from HK.

sarion

Post by sarion » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:38 pm

cobywan wrote:I order from e2046 more often than Hobbyfan lately. They are equal in quality as far as I am concerned. They are both reliable and I trust them.
agree, quality should be similar.
but postage out of US will put pple off from buying thru Hobbyfan, generally cost US$15-$20 just to ship one kit to me in Singapore...

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:13 am

Never mind the fact that you would be buying a model made in Honk Kong that was shipped to the USA then shipped back westward to Singapore.

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:35 pm

I'm in LA for the holidays.
So I thought I might as well take advantage...

Does anybody know of any Model kit stores in LA that might carry FSS resin kits ?

THX

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:42 am

Does anybody know of any Model kit stores in LA that might carry FSS resin kits ?
If there is, I would have bought them all by now. :D

but if you seriously looking for FSS resin kit--Sheizzel's house :P

But if you want to see IP kits with lots of good Japanese modelling tools, Mr color, try

Legends toys & hobbies at 17426 Colima Road, Rowland Heights, CA 91748 626-810-8962

---------------

Anime Plus--8937 Reseda Blvd., Northridge CA 91324
818-773-7371--lots of resin and some IP gundam kits, even F91.

---------------------

Kawaii Anime
1667 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena CA 91106
626-793-8066

lots of resin robot finish kit, old magazines, Japan Cd but made in Taiwan (cheap recording)

there is another store very near the Kawaii Anime. You have to drive downhill for about 5 min. (i forgot the name of that road, but it's fun for speeding, as it really decline), I forgot the name of the store too. But the addr. is:

115 South San Gabriel Blvd.
San Gabriel CA 91776

they have some rare MG gundam kits. Last time I was there, they actually have the purple clear MS-09 in Master Grade.

but they have some pinball machines at the front, not entire a gundam model store

---------------------------------

Kino bookstore
123 Astronaut Ellison S. Onizuka St. Suite 205
LA 213-687-4480

they are on 2nd floor at the corner, lots of FSS books and magazines like HObby japan

-------------------

Neo Type
988 N. Hill St. #203, #108
LA, 213-628-8883

lot of IP gundam, lots of HG, MG, PG finished kits on display. They have 2 floors, and quite a bit of Wave option kits, chrome MG IP gundam kits, etc.

----------------------------

Do you like Night clubs? Peanuts on Santa Monica Blvd. this Fri., Sat. Sun. nights should be very wild due to the Thanksgiving weekend.

They are located right next to French Quarter Restaurant, at 7985 Santa Monica Blvd., West HOllywood 323-654-0898

In which French Quarter is very near ....ahem.....Pleasure Chest, 7733 Santa Monica Blvd., a favorite place for Madonna, Ellen Degeneres (Here and Now), Angelina Jolie, etc. favorite shopping place.

If you like something more exotic than Peanuts, you have to email me for those locations.

To travel to all of the above model shops--Anime Plus is alone by itself up North West of LA, about 30 min. drive from West Hollywood.

Kino & Neo is near LA downtown.

Kawaii and that other store are in far right of LA, about 1 hr. drive, then Legends is further right of LA
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

Akuma Sephitaro

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:07 pm

Kino's has Hobby Japan? Damn.... Didn't see any when I was in the NY one...

Raided the FSS stuff, though