What about Concord?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tomexe

What about Concord?

Post by Tomexe » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:55 pm

Nagano has hid the identity of her meight from us so far at least through English Vol 23. Not just that it hasn't appeared in the story but the caption for her colorplate says that her meight is unknown.

In spite of being a "no brand" fatima she has proven good enough to work her way back into the seat of Hathuha's Empress...

Could she be ANOTHER one of the first 4 fatimas that has been remade like Harper/Inter City?

Although if she were, why did she not reveal herself at her sisters death... and Inter City, after her memory came back would surely have recoginzed her...

Who did build Concord?

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:19 pm

I think the fact that she is of unknown build is not meant to create any kind of mystery but is meant to highlight 2 things, 1.) that just cause shes a no brand fatima doesnt mean she has to be rubbish( Palsuet being another example of this) and 2.) to emphasis how good a headliner Depre is/will be when the time comes.
Thats my opinion on it, but the whereabouts of Neeb is unkown, at least to me. INtercity id gone, SSL will soon become Max's fatima and apparently Focuslight is Auxo ( tho i don't personally agree with the last one).

hitori

Post by hitori » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:26 pm

Concord is actually a Masterpiece Fatima.

Her Meight is Guillaume Iron.

Probably not related to the first four Fatimas. :)

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:29 pm

hitori wrote:Concord is actually a Masterpiece Fatima.

Her Meight is Guillaume Iron.

Probably not related to the first four Fatimas. :)
Whoops! :P
Guess that puts all my theories down the drain lol

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:09 pm

The information about Concorde's father was put into the Master Fatima List in the sleeve notes of Volume 11 [JP]
Shinei!

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:51 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:The information about Concorde's father was put into the Master Fatima List in the sleeve notes of Volume 11 [JP]
Very likely why i didn't know about it. It might be in the episode guide to, but like i can read a word of it ( a japanese word that is).
I still thing Depre is underrated tho, and that Palsuet is actually comparable to a master piece fatima :P

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:57 am

WayS'Lo' wrote: Very likely why i didn't know about it. It might be in the episode guide to, but like i can read a word of it ( a japanese word that is).
I still thing Depre is underrated tho, and that Palsuet is actually comparable to a master piece fatima :P
Dupre underrated?

Hmmm...maybe by FSS fans perhaps. Dupre is actually one of my favorite of the new characters (Him and his sis both) and considering he was made Heaven Position while he was still a very small child, it would be foolish for anyone to underestimate him....

Does Dupre eventually get either the Greater Heaven Position or Lower Heaven Position tittle? In Knight Flags, he gets a tittle like Kaien's Le Hyper Chevalier. Dupre's tittle is Le Holy Chevalier. What does this signify? (I was thinking Lower Heaven Position, since Jacko is supposed to be Greater)
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:05 am

As far as Palsuet is concerned:

Here are her gauges:

Fighting: B1
MH Control: B2
Calculation: B1
Endurance: B1
Mind: B1

Clearance: VS1

Thus she is a very high quality Fatima, but not quite a masterpiece. Why? Because of her Clearance. She only rates VS1. All the Fatima considered "Masterpieces" are rated VVS2 or higher, if you look at the fatimas from Ballanche, Carbyte, Koop etc.

Note: Parthenon's Clearance is only VS2. Her mind gauge is also only "D". However, Parthenon is considered "broken" which I'm guessing the reason for the low Clearance and Mind gauge.
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:35 am

Actually, I've noticed that there are not many "un-branded" fatimas in the story. Palsuet and Salome are not exactly "un-branded" coz they were created at factories supervised by Morard and Chrome Ballanche. The only one I know of that is unbranded and un-named but yet scored victory over a masterpiece fatima is the etrml fatima used by Decors in his old Baruncha, but then it is probably because of Decors' extraordinary skills that won the victory. Imagine Barbaluse V + Machi + Siren and 3(?) other sirens are no match for a single Decors + etrml + Baruncha combo. Barbaluse is one of the top knights in Fillmore...

As for Depre, I agree it seems that Nagano somewhat "downplayed" this direct descendant of a pure blood! We see much more of Jhon and Christine V than Depre. However, he is no walkover - Nagano has given him very powerful skills. While he's not a diver, he has mental link with his twin sister, Magdall, and thru her, he can execute moves like Mirror and Calvary Blade! :shock:
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:32 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:The information about Concorde's father was put into the Master Fatima List in the sleeve notes of Volume 11 [JP]
Interesting, does he build any other Fatimas we should know about?

Another thought, it seems that in spite of their best efforts fatima mights really DONT have much control over their end product. Even Carbyte and Ballance don't know really what they have untill they are actually full grown and go out with a headdliner for the first time.

hitori

Post by hitori » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:56 pm

Tomexe wrote:Another thought, it seems that in spite of their best efforts fatima mights really DONT have much control over their end product. Even Carbyte and Ballance don't know really what they have untill they are actually full grown and go out with a headdliner for the first time.
It seems that Ballanche can design the 5PG's, which is normally thought to be impossible.
Check Atropos' design sheet in book 8 JP.
It's in the part where Atropos is talking to Sopp after fighting Braford.

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:52 pm

hitori wrote:
Tomexe wrote:Another thought, it seems that in spite of their best efforts fatima mights really DONT have much control over their end product. Even Carbyte and Ballance don't know really what they have untill they are actually full grown and go out with a headdliner for the first time.
It seems that Ballanche can design the 5PG's, which is normally thought to be impossible.
Check Atropos' design sheet in book 8 JP.
It's in the part where Atropos is talking to Sopp after fighting Braford.
He built 45 masterpieces though, did he try to build 5PG each of those times, not being fully successful most of the time, or did he only set out to build a few 5PG's, and was successful all or most of the time?

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:04 pm

I think from the comments made by Molrard in book 2 or 3 (jap) we can assume that although they cannot 'predict' stats, they can come up with 'formulas' that give a greater chance of produsing better ones. Some of these dont always work out which may explain why some of the earlier ballanche fatimas are better than ther later ones.