WSC A-Toll!

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Sheizzel

WSC A-Toll!

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:43 pm

Pictures from HobbyJapan, courtesy of someone from http://www.newcf.net.hk.ro board.

Sculpted by Koyi Yamagishi
30975yen

Oh, and check out the packaging for Tani's V3. This kit definitely has packaging fees included :wink: .

Last edited by Sheizzel on Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:52 pm

Hi Sheizzel. The link doesn't seem to work :(

Mind you, this is still the best FSS modelling news we've had in months! Hopefully Takehiko-kun will hire a couple more takented artists to allow for more regular releases. I had Yamagishi's Terror Mirage, and I thought it was quite excellent, so I'm confident that this one will be also. But oh, the PRICE (my poor wallet!!)
John F. Moscato

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:11 pm

Hi John,

Any problem in seeing the pictures? If so, what are they? I've corrected the link on KOG's picture. Pictures seem to pop up ok for me?

Indeed, I hope talented FSS sculptors from Volks will flee to WSC like you said. That way, we won't be losing out on talented sculpting skills those sculptors possesses and it'll make WSC a bigger and better brand.

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:22 pm

Looks pretty nice. Not sure about this 'Cobra' variant but it looks a little on the slim side compared with the A Toll Swans i know. I assume this version only has one ring binder too, but its looking quite sharp. A Toll Swans is one of my five fav MHs so its nice to see a new version :)
Just who exactly is releasing the Tani KOG? He used to be with Kaiyodo, but i dont think they are releasing t are they?

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:44 pm

Silly question: do they mention how tall the A toll is?
If it's not much taller than 25cm ( the size of the old Volks AF kit) I'd probably opt for the Volks, as the proportions on this one seem rather... Off?

Mind you, it might just be because the pic has the magazine at an angle.
John F. Moscato

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:52 pm

Nope, didn't have any additional infos on the kit. I hope to pick up this issue of HJ after I find out which month it is.

happy hopping

Re: WSC A-Toll!

Post by happy hopping » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:37 am

Sheizzel wrote:

Oh, and check out the packaging for Tani's V3. This kit definitely has packaging fees included
for that price, it better be solid gold instead of resin. :P

As to WSC, did you notice it is OBC who sculpted it, not Takehiko Ikushima.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:16 am

Unlike other Ikushima sculpted kits, this one is slimmer. A-Toll is sculpted by Koji Yamagishi, one who did the Terror and Empress.

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:44 am

...Which is even more odd. The Terror and Empress were excellent, but I'm left somewhat wanting on this particular sculpt. I think the paint job isn't helping; the finish looks rather rough and I question the use of that absolutely blah greyish/green base color.

I'm pretty sure that Ikushima's still in the picture though; for all we know, he's probably working on his own sculpt.
John F. Moscato

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:17 am

Indeed, something can and needs to be done about that paint job. I'm guessing Ikushima is finished with his Prominence? Since it was one of the kit that is suppose to be featured in Factories 2001-2004 which is coming out next week. He can probably make a great A-Toll considering what he has done with the Ashura.

Falk

Post by Falk » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:03 pm

Yup', if you have seen Knightclub paintjob (not on line anymore), it looks way better than this one, very flat :| .

Also I don't like the legs on this MH. It looks like a tree trunk. When we see it kneeling in the manga it looks awesome and dynamic, with the legs it looks like it's deep rooted.

Some heels would be better^^

And also you MH builders, have you some website ?
I remember the F1 on your site John (well still there in fact), if your MHs are as good as the F1, it may look great.

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:14 pm

Hi Falk.

Strangely enough, the last few years has seen me sell-off my entire FSS collection in a fit of frustration, only to regret it later on, so I'm slowly rebuilding my litle resin army. Honestly, I haven't built a MH kit in about 11 years ( 1/144 KOG and Berlin.) Not really from lack of wanting, I assure you... More like lack of time.

However, you can see some of my modelling projects on a site called Macrossworld.com or better yet, the company I make GKs for:

http://www.samurai-monkey.com

On a slightly different note, I seem to remember Ikushima saying that he prized sculpting the Mirage MHs above all the others. Regardless of whether that's necessarily true or not, any thoughts on whether he'd ever try to produce any clear armored Mirage or KoG?
John F. Moscato

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:20 pm

Great find! Rubel Colus!!! Indeed, Vive-la-Colus! :P .

These are featured in January issue of HobbyJapan which just came out. It has been quite a while to see HobbyJapan having this much content about FSS.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:06 am

I am not versed in Semi-transparent plastic. I have seen it in resin. And knowing IP is a cheaper ver. of Resin, I imagine it can be done.

But is this the first time that you guys have seen semi-transparent plastic on a FSS IP Kit? And how did Wave make something like that?

Also, what are they saying in the last page of the Auge? Is it a Wave IP auge?

P.S. I notice these Japanese magazine editor can't even get the spelling right of A-Toll. You would think they know their stuff.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet