Which LED...

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

WayS'Lo'

Which LED...

Post by WayS'Lo' » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:07 am

Ive bben out of the FSS info circuit for a while now and was thinking about getting a new clear LED. e2046 have 2 up for preorder at the moment, this one http://www.e2046.com/trade/productview/2433 which im asuming is the Volks one from a few years ago and this one, http://www.e2046.com/trade/productview/4127 which im assuming from the scale is either wsc or... the other company, silcon tribe? Anyway more information on either would be very helpful. Course i could go get the 'new' wave 1/100 and show my support for the plastic market :wink: .
Also, if anyone knows, whcih of the two SR03s is the all round best? ( not neccessaruly accurate) its probably my fav MH and i still don't have any version of it... I really like the Wave 1/144 but i cant seem to find it on recast anywhere. Come to think of it everywhere is out of stock for the 1/100s too but at least most places have it listed.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:58 am

First is SAV LED V3 from Volks which is the one I prefer. Second is from Silicon Tribe. Althought Silicon is listed as 1/72, it'll probably be in similar size compared to Volks LED V3 which was pretty big for a 1/100 scale.

As for SR3s, both Volks and WSC aren't nearly perfect or accurate, I think. Volks MM SR3 seem to capture the essence of an Engage SR-3, which is simple and slim. I like some areas of WSC SR3, mainly the head and chest which look more accurate to Knight Flags, but the proportion is off...

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:35 pm

The Silicon Tribe kit seems to be 3cm taller than the Volks one. That isn't really that much. I would just get the one you prefer. I always prefer the Volks interpretations.

sarion

Post by sarion » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:34 pm

cobywan wrote:The Silicon Tribe kit seems to be 3cm taller than the Volks one. That isn't really that much. I would just get the one you prefer. I always prefer the Volks interpretations.
but somehow the details seem to be better on ST LED, but it's so damned tall? how to match my 1/100 kits.... :?

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:51 pm

Thats what i was thinking, they both look nice but e2046 has a pic of the armourless skeleton for the st kitand it looks fantastic. Does anyone have a decent pic of the volks skeleton?