Rognar's german speech ?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Falk

Rognar's german speech ?

Post by Falk » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:16 pm

I've recently asked someone who knows german as well as japanese to translate Rognar's german speech from the Black Three episode in jp book 10.

If needed, I can do my best to translate in english what was translated from german to french (just that each translation makes the whole text a bit more approximative).

Do you know what it's about ?
If so, is there something special about Rognar's sword ?
Cuz' I quite understand the meaning of the text (Rognar makes a comparison, talking about "eating" Vos like some japanese food with beans (that's the word written in japanese)), but at the end of the text, he says something like that :
"Die ! In here-after you'll regret to have left me the sword !!"
Literally, cuz' the person who translated told me that "überlassen" (let/leave), isn't that precise.
So without the whole context, this person can't give me a more precise meaning to the sentence. Any idea what's this story about a swort ?
May it be the sword that alows him to do the MBT ? May it be a sacred sword of the Babylon kingdom ?
May there have been something between Rognar and Vos in the past ?
Or may that be simply a weird sentence, that may be misunderstood ?

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:35 am

I've always been curious of what he was saying 8) :twisted:

It is said that Rognar will use his native language (German) when he does not even respect the person he talks to, or rather someone whom he does not even bother himself with. In this case, he sees Vos as a small and worthless bean. He will use Japanese when he respects the other party.

I hope someone well-versed in German can correct my mistakes or to add in his/her comments.

---------------------------

Heute gibt es als Imbiss drei Stueck 豆大福┅┅
I'm supposed to get three 豆大福 for today's dessert.

Auf 大福 ich mich seit Gestern gefreut, und wegen dieses Mistkerls muss ich darauf verzichten!!
Although I've been looking forward to it since yesterday, because of you, I'm forced to give it up.

Dieser Schurke Verdient nicht mal eine einzge アズキ aus dem アンコ!!
This villian isn't even worth the value of a bean

Wie ist es Moeglich, dass so ein Taugenichts auf den Thron sitzt?
Why is it that such a good-for-nothing is able to come to the place of the Throne?

Was fuer ein Skandal!!
What for a scandal!!

Das Leben aller Ritter=der Ersten Oestlichen Mirage Divizion= mein eigenes eingeshlossen wuerde nicht ausreichen, um diese Missetat zu Suehnen!!
The life of all the Knights from the First Eastern Mirage Corps, my own included, would not be sufficient, to atone for this crime (mistake)!!

Stieb! Im Jenseits Kannst du bereuen, dass du mir das Schwert ueberlassen hast!
Die! I'll use my sword to let you repent in the other world!

サリオン! Hau ab!
Sarion! Run! (escape)

Vertlucht!!
(Sound or Curse word? Die! ?)

Jawohl Majestaet!!
Yes, Your Majesty!!

untertaenigsten Dank, die Reichs Mutter.
My most respectful thanks, Imperial mother.

gute Arbeit verrichten, Fack'n Soehen
Done a great job, (???)

Ich werde dieses Ungeheuer sofort vernichten!!
Let's destroy that monster immediately.

Scheisse!!
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Falk

Post by Falk » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:24 pm

Your translation is pretty close from the one I have.
Rubel Colus wrote:Stierb! Im Jenseits Kannst du bereuen, dass du mir das Schwert ueberlassen hast!
Mmh, the way you translate it gives the word "let" a totally different meaning, and no mysteries^^ (it would've been cool if Rognar and Vos had fight or whatever in the past, but I guess I would've already heard about it :wink: ).
Rubel Colus wrote:The life of all the Knights from the First Eastern Mirage Corps, my own included, would not be sufficient, to atone for this crime (mistake)!!
I was also a bit surprised about this sentence. What does it mean ? It's purely a chivalrous sentence, something like "when you're a knight of the FEMC, you're that for life" ?
Why the word "mistake" ?

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:03 pm

Falk wrote:Your translation is pretty close from the one I have.
Rubel Colus wrote:Stierb! Im Jenseits Kannst du bereuen, dass du mir das Schwert ueberlassen hast!
Mmh, the way you translate it gives the word "let" a totally different meaning, and no mysteries^^ (it would've been cool if Rognar and Vos had fight or whatever in the past, but I guess I would've already heard about it :wink: ).
hmm, I don't know German at all :oops: , all these translations are done after referencing to several sources. :oops: However, I don't think Rognar would have anything with Vos in the past, even if he had, Vos is nothing to Rognar - at least in Rognar's view.

Maybe a more literal or direct translation:
Stierb! Im Jenseits Kannst du bereuen, dass du mir das Schwert ueberlassen hast!
Die! You shall repent in the Other World, while I hold on to my sword!
[Should this mean I 'hold on to my sword' or use my sword to send u to the other world (kill u)?]
Falk wrote:
Rubel Colus wrote:The life of all the Knights from the First Eastern Mirage Corps, my own included, would not be sufficient, to atone for this crime (mistake)!!
I was also a bit surprised about this sentence. What does it mean ? It's purely a chivalrous sentence, something like "when you're a knight of the FEMC, you're that for life" ?
Why the word "mistake" ?
Hmm, the way i see it - Rognar is saying that it is an unpardonable crime or mistake on the part of the Mirage Knights. They have failed in their duty because the intruders - Black Three or Vos in particular - are actually able to make it so far into the Vermillion Tower, into the Throne room! The punishment for this failure should be a death penalty for the Mirage Knights.

Why not u show us your version, at least we get some other views or idea, and maybe we will be able to get a better picture? Maybe its the blind leading the blind~ LOL :D

We need a German forumite~!! :oops:
Looking for:

TSP

Post by TSP » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:44 am

Hi !

Die! Back in hell you'll be sorry for handing over this sword to me.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:59 am

Welcome, TSP.

And thanks!
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:20 am

TSP wrote:Die! Back in hell you'll be sorry for handing over this sword to me.
hey, thanks. ;)

But that's strange, what is so special with that sword? :?:

Anyway, can u tell us what is meant by "Vertlucht!!" ?
Looking for:

Falk

Post by Falk » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:28 pm

Ha so this translation seems closer to the one I have.
From that sentence, it really looks like Rognar had this sword from Vos or something like that.

Well it could also be a translation error, or a lack of precision, when they wrote the german (cuz' concerning the french lines from Lachesis for instance, the way the sentences are build is sometimes a bit weird).

TSP

Post by TSP » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:06 pm

Rubel Colus wrote:
TSP wrote:Die! Back in hell you'll be sorry for handing over this sword to me.
hey, thanks. ;)

But that's strange, what is so special with that sword? :?:

Anyway, can u tell us what is meant by "Vertlucht!!" ?

"Verflucht"= Curse or damn. Depending on the situation and how the sentence is build upon.Single worded it means "damn".

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:55 am

I'm so glad I was able to find this thread today. It really helped me get through issue 26.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.