January 2014 Newtype Scans

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

levrin

Re: January 2014 Newtype Scans

Post by levrin » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:55 am

mirrored: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwOFD1 ... sp=sharing

Dai Gu confirms that while he's looking for peaceful coexistence with the local people, the other high-ups in Fillmore just want to invade and take over the area. Political maneuverings in the back, particularly in regards to using Christine as a bargaining chip and getting foreign support for Fillmore's expansion into Nakakara. Back in Laan, Nio is a bad drunk while Ena talks about her successor since she's nearby. Funft tries to explain to Christine that she's liable to be treated as a broodmare on the value of her bloodline rather than spend her life fighting for the Empire as she assumes.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:18 am

sweet! Thanks for the link!
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:51 pm

ArcanaSiren1.jpg
Arcana Siren?
ArcanaSiren1.jpg (236.04 KiB) Viewed 3212 times
Which GTM is this? Is this the new Arcana Siren?

I really like the looks of this one. Almost like a MH. If he can re-tool some of the GTM's to look a bit more utilitarian like this one, then I think the designs will grow on me. But I still miss the classic MH's, so beautiful :(
Shinei!

levrin

Post by levrin » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:03 pm

My assumption is that the suffix letters on the new Sirens are still the same as the old (the numerical part appears to be a revision number), so it would be a national guard standard Siren rather than the heavy combat Arcana Siren. Presumably the arm spikes are a thematic evolution of the shoulder spikes on the old design.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:39 pm

Oh, I didn't notice the "A" after the katakana. Yeah, likely the old "Siren A". Incredible redesign. Makes me wonder what the point of the spikes behind the veils are (does Nagano still call them "veils"?)
Shinei!