Moderator: kosh

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Spadds...

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:03 am

Hello!

Something I was wondering about.

Has Nagano ever stated exactly how Spadds work? Are they Laser based, Plasma based or something else?

Are there multiple types?

In one of the fatima articles, it mentions that Fatima can fine-tune Spadds easily, even though they are ultra-delicate and sophistocated weapons (and dangerous to work on)

And then there's the Kaienken[F]. It acts very differently from other Spadds. Heck, it even chops a MH pole-axe in half! Thats pretty hefty for a human-scale weapon to accomplish...

Also, in Volume 3 (Japanese) in the "Sleeve Notes" there is a section that does not appear in the English volumes at all that gives explaination on Knights, Divers and Fatima. Pages 188 to 191 has the Knight explaination and on page 189 they have a picture of a Spadd. Is there a Spadd explaination on this page? On the opposite page (188) they show several Speids (Katana-style) which probably shows the difference between Katana and Tachi style blades (I'm not sure about this though) Anyone know what exactly this article says?

And the article on Divers is on page 192 to 195 (maybe) and I would love to know what it says here....
Shinei!

Mave

Post by Mave » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:17 am

Also, in Volume 3 (Japanese) in the "Sleeve Notes" there is a section that does not appear in the English volumes at all that gives explaination on Knights, Divers and Fatima. Pages 188 to 191 has the Knight explaination and on page 189 they have a picture of a Spadd. Is there a Spadd explaination on this page? On the opposite page (188) they show several Speids (Katana-style) which probably shows the difference between Katana and Tachi style blades (I'm not sure about this though) Anyone know what exactly this article says?

The info you described seems to be in english volume 5 instead. There are some pictures of knights from the major knighthoods, a discussion about speids and spadds and japanese-style blades and lastly a section about divers.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:21 am

Mave wrote:

The info you described seems to be in english volume 5 instead. There are some pictures of knights from the major knighthoods, a discussion about speids and spadds and japanese-style blades and lastly a section about divers.
Not in my copy of English volume 5.

Mine has some info on the Colus/Hagooda war and a breakdown on the Me-2 62C Air Barrel.

Nothing about Headdliners, Fatima or Divers. No spadds, no speids.

Note also that I have the original, folded-and-stapled version, not the newer Square-bound Diamond version.
Shinei!

Shadowbrooke

Post by Shadowbrooke » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:35 pm

Oh, I just got the new "square" bound issues and Mave is right on that one. I guess it looks like you have to go out and buy them all over again :P

Shadowbrooke

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:17 pm

Hmm, guys, may I know if the latest volumes are squarebound or stapled version?

Also, does the squarebound include info on the Colus/Hagooda war and Air Barrel too?

Coz I don't know which version I should get, although i liked the stapled version more because the pictures show better. :|

p.s > Do u guys have the Amaterasu Genealogical Table in English?
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:43 pm

English book 5 squarebound version has :
-colus military : the grunts
-colus military : air ballele
-colus military : the batlle of atork
-diver
-knights (ans spadds/speir)
-fatima fates : facts and fashion
-fatima fates : more infos
-and a double page artwork of various fatimas

I guess the latest volumes are squarebounds, all my books are squareboundss, and I did'tn started to collect FSS that long ago. I avoided ordering at akadot cuz' books 1~12 were still the stapled version.

(Geonological table ? Mmh don't know)

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:02 pm

o fs...
OK, would someone who has both the staples and the squarebound please post any additional stuff that has been added the square bound versions? Please?
I hope this is a one off cause damn... the thought of having to buy 1-12 again??? ARARRGGGHHH! :roll:

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:35 pm

My copies of 1-12 [EN-obviously] are stapled. I got them when they first came out, as they were coming out. I even have the limited edition "Volume 1" that was released 2 years before their "official" debut (only found at the San Diego Comicon and Anime Expo that year and a few other sources) back when Trish Ledeoux and Toshifumi Yoshida of Viz did the translation.

My copies of 13-22 are the Squarebound "Diamond" version. After volume 12 was released, there was a long wait before 13 came out and this was the reason.

I've only glanced at the newer Squarebound versions of 1-13, and I obviously missed the extra sleeve notes in volume 5, otherwise I would have immediately purchased it.

I echo the sentiment above, if someone could post the information thats missing from the older versions, It would be greatly appreciated. We should probably only keep it up for a week or two so Fans can have a chance to copy it to their HDD's, then if anyone asks, someone can re-post it (Cut n' paste!) for new fans later if needed.
Shinei!

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:43 pm

How much better is the viz translation btw? This jon wisnom guy seemsto be very amaturish, English might not be his first language, i don't know ( Would seem pretty silly if it isn't... im sure there are loads of english speakers in Japan) but still the number of mistakes he makes is hardly what you would expect from an english manga release.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:51 pm

WayS'Lo' wrote:How much better is the viz translation btw? This jon wisnom guy seemsto be very amaturish, English might not be his first language, i don't know ( Would seem pretty silly if it isn't... im sure there are loads of english speakers in Japan) but still the number of mistakes he makes is hardly what you would expect from an english manga release.
Well...um...it reads better...

But it contains more errors than the Winsom version.

For example:

Bell Creal becomes Bel Karlle

They call Aisha Codante, Aisha Cordante

However they do some interesting things, like including sound effects translations on the actual pages with the original sound effects.
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:40 pm

Falk wrote:English book 5 squarebound version has :

I guess the latest volumes are squarebounds, all my books are squareboundss, and I did'tn started to collect FSS that long ago. I avoided ordering at akadot cuz' books 1~12 were still the stapled version.

(Geonological table ? Mmh don't know)

Hmm, so it seems that the squarebound versions are the way to go huh? More info, and most importantly the later issues are squarebound too. :? I prefer stapled so that I can open the book wide for those 2 page spreads.

[EDIT] LMAO, i must be doozing off. :oops: What I am actually thinking is - The later issues are squarebound, and more importantly they contain more info.

Geonological table - shows the family tree of the Amaterasu family. I was thinking of translating this to English but I dont know if its already done in the English issues. The table lets us understand the relation between Amat, Aisha, Sarion, Atwright, and even Sachier. No point for me to do the translation if u guys already have it in English.

I also hope that someone with a scanner and the JP vol 5 can scan this table for me so that I can just edit the names :oops: If not I will have to draw the table the hard way :?

Can anyone confirm that it's not in the English issues?
Last edited by Rubel Colus on Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for:

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:02 pm

Well, I can tell you its not in any of the issues I posses.

I have the stapled versions for 1-12, and the squarebound for 13-22.

If its anywhere, its in one of the Squarebound 1-12. Since it seems they added additional information that wasn't included in the original stapled version...
Shinei!

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:22 am

I was flicking through some of the square bounds today at a comic shop in Lonodn and it seems as thought theyve actually fixed alot of the mistakes. Like that silly one in book 2 where they shows the left mirages as 'Mirage knights after 3100' and the rights as 'before 3100' it now reads 'mirages left' and 'mirages right' respectively. I wouldn;t be surpised if they went back and fixed the other mistakes as well. Which means i am compelled to get all the sq versions now. Darn it.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:47 am

http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/amateras ... -table.gif

There's the image for the Amaterasu family tree/table. Happy translating!

(is happy because scanning images is one of the few things he can contribute)
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:55 am

Tachyon wrote:http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/amateras ... -table.gif

There's the image for the Amaterasu family tree/table. Happy translating!

(is happy because scanning images is one of the few things he can contribute)
LMAO, Tachyon... :D

Thanks for the scan. I'll start working on it. :wink:
Looking for: