For all FSS know-it-all's!

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Shadowbrooke

For all FSS know-it-all's!

Post by Shadowbrooke » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:32 pm

Can you be so kind as to read my thread "Letters to santa" in the Chatter thread of this most excellent forum? I had a crazy idea and now I need to make a proposal to CCP-games and need your help!

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

Shadowbrooke

Shadowbrooke

Post by Shadowbrooke » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:24 am

Just to make things clear, this is not just a game-nerds wet dream. I have actually met and talked with one of the peeps making some of the game coding and graphics in Sweden and they now want an actual FSS tour to see if it would suit their needs for a new game. Sure, they probably won't do it by the book but a MMOG, even loosely, based on FSS would be kewl IMO :)

Shadowbrooke

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:59 am

CCP?

Collectable Card (P?) game?

I've thought about a CCG based on FSS before. I think its highly feasible.
Shinei!

Shadowbrooke

Post by Shadowbrooke » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:38 am

No, CCP Games is a company based out of Island and they developed the EVE-Online MMOG-RPG!

Shadowbrooke

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:42 am

While i think that an MMORPG for the fss universe would be quite awesome and can think of a lot of ideas for it, that you have no doubt already had, getting them right is gonna take alot of work. Getting Toyspress to agree to it would probably take more work than any games company is capable of tho :wink:

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:16 am

Shadowbrooke wrote:No, CCP Games is a company based out of Island and they developed the EVE-Online MMOG-RPG!

Shadowbrooke
Ah.

An MMORPG based on FSS would be awsome.

One problem though.

Nagano has said in an interview that he had no interest in seeing a FSS MMORPG. He also said that there would be no point, because the AKD would be too powerful.

Or so I've read.

Then again, he might always change his mind if someone approached him the right way...
Shinei!

Shadowbrooke

Post by Shadowbrooke » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:33 pm

Well, they would not make a straight FSS-MMORPG unless I turn out to be god :D Basically they have given me the chance to show them how big the "Japanese giant robot" industry is and how well it would suit a MMORPG - Using FSS is just one example cause I think the way it is set up would lend it self well for that type of game. In my e-mail to then I also mentioned other mecha type manga and anime that would fit the initial chriteria(not limited to though). Think about it this way, how many mecha MMORPG's exist today? I can't think of a single one, being first here could be very profitable. Considering the Japanese manga and anime is allready a billion dollar industry with ever increasing group of folovers, I think it could be very very profitable.

Shadowbrooke