English volumes 25, 26 released

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

hitori

English volumes 25, 26 released

Post by hitori » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:52 pm

I've placed orders for them today. :D
Same covers as vol 24, which is same as the cover from Japanese vol 10.

Couple of news from the december NT:
The Japanese Vol 2 revised edition will be released in Spring 2005.
100 pages of new materials to be included.

A new 'guide book' named "Chronicles 2005" will be released in late Jan 2005.
It will be the updated version of "Episode Guide 1984-1997" and contain new terminology, dramatis personae, FAQs, etc. covering up to Japanese vol 11
324 pages, 2000 yen

New resin kit of the KoG in Dec 2004.
50400 yen :shock: shocked

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:35 pm

Thanks for the infos^^.
Talking about the new releases, is there more info about the upcoming kit book ?

Any one knows how it'll look ?
I mean more like a hobby magazine or more like a knightflags with pictures instead of artwork ?

And what kit should be in ?
-Siren D
-Siren E ?
-KOG V3
-KOG AT V3
-Buster KOG
-Black Knight (Volks as well as WSC)
-Neptune ?
-Prominence ?
-Mighty Serie ?
-Phantom
-LED V3
-LED V3 Inferno
And also I guess a lot of their equivalent in 1/144 by Wava.
It's only speculation, anyone is sure of anything ?
I'm concidering buying this book, it's boring to see those kits only on the computer, I want them on paper as well^^.

Concerning the kit, I guess it's the new KOG by Akira Tani, with 300 parts (for an 1/144 kit Ôo)

About the new "guide book", can we expect some new designs in it ? (new Branji for instance *jumping on the rumour* :P
Or does the guide contains only material in reference to what already was in the manga ?

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:59 pm

They released two at once? Thats speeding things up a bit.

If I had know this was going to happen I wouldn't have added 24 to my last order, I thought there was going to be a few months till the next wave.

How far behind are the English translations, and how far do we have to go before the English version is caught up.

We are going through Japanese Vol 10 right now it seems, I know there is a Japanese Vol 11, but is there a Japanese Vol 12 out yet? Or will the US version be caught up with the Japanese version when the translation of Vol 11 is completed?

hitori

Post by hitori » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:22 pm

Falk wrote:Thanks for the infos^^.
Talking about the new releases, is there more info about the upcoming kit book ?
Other than that it'll be released in Nov 27, 2004, not really...
Falk wrote:Concerning the kit, I guess it's the new KOG by Akira Tani, with 300 parts (for an 1/144 kit Ôo)
$500 for a 1/144 kit??? :shock:
Falk wrote:About the new "guide book", can we expect some new designs in it ? (new Branji for instance *jumping on the rumour* :P
Or does the guide contains only material in reference to what already was in the manga ?
Probably not much new illustrations.
It's afterall, just a guidebook that summarises vol 1~11.
But you never know.
"Episode Guide 1984-1997" had some previously unreleased illustrations when it came out.
Tomexe wrote:If I had know this was going to happen I wouldn't have added 24 to my last order, I thought there was going to be a few months till the next wave.
My thoughts exacetely!
I thought it'd probably take months until the subsequent releases.
But then, I got free shipping on my last order of FSS books (including vol 24), so...
Tomexe wrote:How far behind are the English translations, and how far do we have to go before the English version is caught up.
We are going through Japanese Vol 10 right now it seems, I know there is a Japanese Vol 11, but is there a Japanese Vol 12 out yet? Or will the US version be caught up with the Japanese version when the translation of Vol 11 is completed?
Japanese volumes are up to book 11 and there has been enough material released so far to compile book 12.
But then, Nagano always takes one of those long vacations working on artbooks, tankoubon revision, cover illustrations, etc before any tankoubon releases...
Let's hope it doesn't take that long. :P

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:46 pm

hitori wrote:Probably not much new illustrations.
It's afterall, just a guidebook that summarises vol 1~11.
But you never know.
"Episode Guide 1984-1997" had some previously unreleased illustrations when it came out.
I thought the chronicles is something like a glossary, all text. I see that they listed character descriptions and FSS FAQs as well, but looks to me that it's not something like the Episode Guide. More like the older Chronicle books? U have the old chronicle books?
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

hitori

Post by hitori » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:28 pm

Rubel Colus wrote:I thought the chronicles is something like a glossary, all text. I see that they listed character descriptions and FSS FAQs as well, but looks to me that it's not something like the Episode Guide. More like the older Chronicle books? U have the old chronicle books?
Wow...I had totally forgotten about the previous Chrnoicles volumes!
That's funny because I was participating in a discussion over the weeken with some people from Japan and Korea and they didn't bring up the topic about the Chronicles either.
We just assumed that it was an unrelated title.

Thanks for bringing that up! :D
And thanks for the December NT.
...btw, I don't own any of the Chronicles.

KOG

Re: English volumes 25, 26 released

Post by KOG » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:58 pm

English volumes 25 and 26 are out eh? That's good news. They really are releasing new issues pretty fast now.

We'll be caught up through vol 11 very very soon.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:13 pm

Thats great news.

The new Chronicles book sounds interesting, but I'll probably skip it if its all text, considering I can't read any of it, but if there is a fair amount of artwork, I'll try to get one.

English volume 25 and 26 already? :shock: I haven't even put in my order for 23 and 24 yet, which I plan to do by wednsday.

The subject I'm most interested in, however, is the new version of volume 2. How much new material is he going to add? 100 pages worth seems like a lot, considering volume 2 only weighed in at 141 pages to begin with (153 pages if you count the sleeve notes and the Chronology)

And most importantly, as someone else mentioned on another thread, where does that leave the english volumes? Would they really be willing to fund a re-print? They don't really sell that well, they are simply committed to producing them because of the deal with Nagano (If you begin to publish them in english, you must continue until the tale is finished)

*I* for one am hardcore enough to buy another copy of volumes 4 and 5 with additional material (english version of course) but I don't know how many FSS fans out there are that fanatical about it...
Shinei!

Mave

Post by Mave » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:27 am

*I* for one am hardcore enough to buy another copy of volumes 4 and 5 with additional material (english version of course) but I don't know how many FSS fans out there are that fanatical about it...

I would at the drop of a hat. 8)

100 more pages...anyone have any ideas what they are gonna be about? Personally I hope the early parts of the war gets some more highlights and detail put into them. Some anectdotes about Colus and Uriculs travels together with Roados and Est would be nice too.

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:24 am

24 & 25 already.... Christmas has come early !!!!!!!!!
YEs , YES, YES !!!!!!!!

KOG

Post by KOG » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:24 am

hey, I just called San Jose Kino, and they don't have copies of 25 and 26 yet... and they said they aren't in their database, so they don't know when they will get them.

Has anyone seen copies at other Kinos?

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:51 am

Just picked up issues 25 and 26 at San Jose Kinokuniya today.

Still some copies left.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:47 pm

Chronicle 2005 delayed till Feb'05

If anyone has scans of the lastest NT calendar showing FSS chara, please lemme know?

Also, pls tell me where u get NT scans? PM me if not convenient.

Thanks
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:57 pm

Nope, haven't seen it. It usually appears on emule around the 15, now we're already the 24 and still nothing...
Also lets hope that if someone scan it, he'll scan the calendar as well :|