Favorite Mecha Anime?

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite Mecha Anime?

Post by Tachyon » Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:00 am

I was wondering what mecha shows are favorites with everyone. I'd say my favorite mecha movie is the Macross Movie, my favorite TV series is Z Gundam (although I haven't watched it all yet) and my favorite OAV series is Gundam 0083.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:15 am

Favorite TV series: Zeta and Victoy (although I've seen only one episode of Victory), OAV would have to be the 08th MS Team: Millers report for it's very interesting plot, and mecha movie would be CCA.

Note: I've only seen what is shown in America, and gone by show reviews on the Zeta choice, although I have seen episodes of SEED.

Lightning

Post by Lightning » Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:58 am

Meh, my favorite T.V. series would have to be First Gundam. *loves the classics* OAV series, would have to be 0083. And Mecha Movie...hmm...I haven't seen many, but, CCA would have to be it.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Aug 02, 2003 2:22 pm

I bought Char's Counterattack on DVD a few days ago and watched it again. A very good movie.

kosh

Post by kosh » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:26 pm

My absolute favorite series would be SDF Macross(not the Robottech version,the original),favorite OAV,hmmm....either 0083 Stardust Memory or Macross II Lovers Again,movie wise another tie,either Chars Counter Attack or Macross:DYRL.
Do you understand?

o.o

Hm

Post by o.o » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:17 am

Well... lesee... Favorite TV Series: Z Gundam.
Favorite OAV: Eh... 0083, I suppose.
Favorite Movie: Mobile Suit Gundam: F-91... cause it's just that good.

Fokker

Post by Fokker » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:23 pm

Favorite Series: Probably Zeta, but I've only seen part of it, and the two episodes I've seen of Macross Zero are making me think that it might rise to my number one...
Favorite OAV: Tied between 0083 and 08th MS Team
Favorite Movie: Again a tie between CCA and the Macross Plus movie...

:)

Himitsu The Hunter

Post by Himitsu The Hunter » Sat Nov 01, 2003 8:08 pm

Evangalion is my favorite mecha series (The first time i saw it i was amazed and utterly impressed by the consept of Bio-Mecha)

My favorite Movie Mecha is Movie Escaflowne's very own Escaflowne lol (Magi-tech Bio-Tech AND still Has Mechanical Components.... Now THAT was SWEET!!!)

-Himitsu the Hunter

Altron

My Fav. mech show

Post by Altron » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:27 am

Well, my favorite mech show was hands down Gundam Wing and if you count its OVA Endless Waltz, that one was good too!

Gundam in general is the best mech series ever made ^_^

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:35 pm

Hmm...my favorite Mecha Anime movie. Thats pretty easy. Macross: Love, do you remember?

My favorite TV series is much harder. I would have to say Escaflowne...that series was so excellent. Quality that high is rare to come by. After that it gets harder; Macross, Mospeada, etc. I'd probably say L-Gaim would be my favorite, but I've only seen a few episodes of the series :(

My favorite OAV series: Dangaioh! After that it gets tough as there are some excellent examples in this category. Macross Plus, Zeohrymer, Fight! Iczer-1, Shin Getter Robo, the list goes on. My second favorite (right below Dangaioh on my radar) has to be the original Bubblegum Crisis though.
Shinei!

Mechanical Specimen

Post by Mechanical Specimen » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:59 pm

Aahah now this is a toughy.Alot of good shows and whatnot.But then again here goes...

My favorite TV series involving mecha include Super Dimensional Fortress Macross,Super Dimensional Century Orguss,Genesis Climber Mospeada,Aura Battler Dunbine,Heavy Metal L-Gaim,Mobile Suit Gundam Zeta,Blue Comet SPT Layzner,Super Beastial God Dancougar,Sonic Soilder Borgman,Space Knight Tekkaman Blade,Magic Knight Rayearth,Neon Genesis Evangelion,Martian Sucessor Nadesico,The Vison of Escaflowne,Turn A Gundam,and Rahxephon

Movies include Macross Do You Remember Love,Ideon Be Invoked,Crusher Joe,Project A-ko,God Bless Dancougar,Demon of Steel,Gundam:Char's Counterattack,The Five Star Stories,Robot Carnival,Venus Wars,Silent Mobius 1 and 2,
Evangelion:Death and Rebirth,End of Evangelion,Nadesico:Prince of Darkness,Escaflowne:A Girl In Gaea,and Rahxephon:Tagen Hensoukyoku

Now OAVs,hoo boy,this is a big list....but that includes,Megazone 23,Gall Force,Fight! Iczer-1,Bubblegum Crisis,Leina Stol,Le-Deus,Dangaioh,L-Gaim:Full Metal Solider,Aura Battler Dunbine:Tale of Neo Byston,Zeorymer,Gunbuster,Detonator Orgun,Genocyber,Macross II,Orguss 02,Robot Hunter Cashann... :shock: I have no idea if I should go on...::collaspes::

Altron

Gundam

Post by Altron » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:04 am

Look, all those other mechas were good! Raxephon, Escaflone, Robotech, and WHO COULD FORGET VOLTRON!!!

Wow... anywho, NO MECH show.... Matches the accuarcy of the politcs and the sheer greatness of the Gundam Battles....

Gundam.... all the way back to Good-ol Mobile Suit... not the best, but good considering it was made in the 80s....

Gundam's the best! I am Heero Yuy's long-lost little bro...!

Dr. Yo

Post by Dr. Yo » Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:46 pm

ZZ Gundam, Armored Trooper Votoms, and Heavy Metal L-Gaim.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:06 pm

Is L-Gaim available subtitled on DVD anywhere?

Dr. Yo

Post by Dr. Yo » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:34 pm

Tachyon wrote:Is L-Gaim available subtitled on DVD anywhere?

Not so far as I know...although its entirely possible there are HK
bootlegs. This is one I would consider problematic....Nagano still
has a strong cult following ( as far as I can tell-FSS had a huge
display at last years San Diego Comicon ) and might not be too
keen on seeing L-G 'back in the Limelight' as it were, as many elements
of L-Gaim turn up barely modified in FSS. This is all conjecture
on my part, and I freely admit I may be way off base...