Viewlard's Branji

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Viewlard's Branji

Post by Tachyon » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:06 am

Why does Viewlard's Branji look so different in volumes 1 and 3 of the manga (JP)? It looks like a different mortar headd.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:59 am

I have a theory but this is not a true answer.

We know that in FSS, MH's often change their external armor for different missions and purposes. Case in point, Maya Sukat's Zakker. When we first see it, its nice and sleek. Next time we see it in the Emperor Rescue Mission, its decked out in heavy armor...

Thus I think that Viewlard's Branji is like that. Perhaps he has one set of Armor for when he's out as President Routh, and another set for when he's playing Voards Viewlard.
Shinei!

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:09 am

Yeah, and it's completely different (and pretty cool) in jap vol.9 as well.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:35 am

Hydra Mirage wrote:Yeah, and it's completely different (and pretty cool) in jap vol.9 as well.
Yep, yep. I like the version from volume 9 the best. It looks like an old MH in volume 9, when its surrounded by all these newer, sleek models...
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:55 pm

A change of armors and looks to hide his real identity, although it doesn't seem to work well. :roll:

The name 'Branji' is used as a coverup too. The actual name is Kulmars Biblos. The Kulmars series are the first three MHs build with fatima interface. Aka Antiques :oops: :twisted:
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:17 pm

Thanks, everyone, for the information. I'm going to make a Branji MH page and I wanted to be sure I was scanning the right images.

So, the Kulmars/Cormals series were the first 3 mortar headds with fatima interfaces? I didn't know that before. Thanks for telling me. Is the Kulmars series made up of Biblos/Branji, Chroma and Vaiola? Or did I get that wrong?

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:27 pm

Are there any pictures of the Chroma ? I've heard of it before when referenced to the Cormals.

I also read somewhere that the MH series is Chroma not Cormals.

Can't wait to see the new pages !!!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:30 pm

The 3 Cormals series MH's from Zebee Corter(?) were;

Byblos
Vaiola
???? (the Byron? I remember reading somewhere)

Not the Chroma. The Chroma came later.
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:32 pm

I can only find one black & white image of the Chroma from volume 3 JP of the manga. I'll scan it soon.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:47 pm

The Kulmars/Cormals series are very well-known MHs by the master MH meister Zebee Corter. They are one of the oldest existing MHs, the first of the series - the Byron is completed around 2238. After the first fatima is created in 2310, it becomes the very first MH re-constructed with fatima interface.

Nakandora Swans had owned each of the three Cormals in the past. Together with the Cluster's first fatima Focuslight, Swans demonstrated in the Byron, that he is able to execute the Sonic Blade move, which later gave rise to Mortar Boom. All Cormals MHs have long history of combat records.

The name 'Cormals' came from one of the Kensei of the Super Empire era.

1. Cormals Byron (2238~) - Not appeared in manga yet. It has been kept in Fillmore for a long time. Current headdliner is Abien Hitosai.

2. Cormals Vaiola - Past headdliners include Swans, Dimos Hirarchy, Madora/Spark (it was named 'Cormals Vaiola Spark' with a record of 78 kills during 2900s), Ian Konig (Pied Piper, 2992), Mamadoa Juzotta (returned to Bakin Rakan after restored by MH Meister Maggie Corter). Will participate in the Majestic Stand.

3. Cormals Biblos / Branji (2417~) - The third in the series, it has always been with the Kingdom of Lent after being passed down from Swans to his decendants (the Rouths). It is rumoured that Maggie and Sopp will upgrade the Biblos... :twisted:

Zebee Corter is also the meight for MH Empress Flame.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Mave

Post by Mave » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:55 am

It is rumoured that Maggie and Sopp will upgrade the Biblos...
Woah! I´d like to see that!
Voards thinking of participating in the Majestic Stand? Brother vs. sister? One can always hope... :roll:

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:10 pm

Mave wrote:
It is rumoured that Maggie and Sopp will upgrade the Biblos...
Woah! I´d like to see that!
Voards thinking of participating in the Majestic Stand? Brother vs. sister? One can always hope... :roll:
Is this a spolier here? Mallory is a bad guy?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:04 am

Tomexe wrote: Is this a spolier here? Mallory is a bad guy?
I don't think this would happen, but you never know.

No, Mallory isn't a "bad guy", but she could very well be opposed to two heroines of the Majestic Stand; Arr Melody, whom Saylay has come to arrest, and Christine V, since Fillmore is indirectly responsible for Colus III's death (through their agent, Kentauri) and Mallory is representing Colus/Meistner in the Majestic Stand...
Shinei!