Who would you want to see have another crack at a FSS movie?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tomexe

Who would you want to see have another crack at a FSS movie?

Post by Tomexe » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:21 pm

My take?

Studio GONZO, combined Cell shaded and CGI..

Who to direct?

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:50 pm

Mmh let's see...

Those who made Macross Zero made some pretty good aircraft/mecha in CG but still with an anime style, as well as those who did Fairy Air Force (meeeh ! That's amaizing, looking for fairy air force, you only get commercial sites as results :evil: I can't even remember who did it... Wasn't it gonzo by the way ?)

I'm also a great fan of Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust, and I think Kawajiri could be a good director to transcript the intensity of headdliner's fight, as well as the style of tall and thin characters.

Shadowbrooke

Post by Shadowbrooke » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:31 pm

Definately cell-shaded in combination with CGI, as far as who though...don't really care as long as they do it literally by the book. I would want to see them making it in to a series if possible but I would settle for a movie. MH fights in CGI on my widescreen with my betterhalf snuggled up in the couch with me :shock: :shock: :shock: I think that is what I want for x-mas!!!!

Shadowbrooke

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:38 pm

Tomino.

He did L-Gaim; he's probably the best choice in directors who would understand it.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:50 pm

Ooh! I second Kawajiri! He did such an excellent job on both D: Bloodlust and Jubei Ninpucho (Ninja Scroll) that I can't think of anyone else who could direct those Headdliner battles that well...
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:52 pm

Tomino and Nagano should produce. Not actually get their hands dirty, but "oversee" the whole shibang...
Shinei!

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:28 am

me

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:01 pm

PETER JACKSON! Forget about a live action Evengelion. Do FSS in live action man! He would treat the subject with respect.

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:36 pm

Can Tomino control himself enough to stay faithful to Nagano's story though?

I have seen a quote somewhere around these pages that FSS was "L Gaim without Tomino"

The two worked togeather on Brain Powered...

I need to see if I can scare up a Brain Powered box set somewhere

Who directed the Appleseed CGI film? I have only seen the trailers but VISUALLY its quality is kind of what we are looking for.

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:34 pm

I hate toon shading. I would rather not have a movie than to see any compromise in Nagano's design style. I really dislike the character design from the first movie. And toon shading would only make the problem worse.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:44 pm

I don't know. Cell shading can be fantastic if done right.

I'm currently playing the PS2 game Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and its cell-shaded and looks amazing. Especially Dante. (you know, from Devil May Cry) The demon designs in the game are great and the cell-shading really brings them to life.

A cell-shaded CGI FSS movie could look great if they followed Nagano's designs to the letter and put enough cash into it...
Shinei!

Shadowbrooke

Post by Shadowbrooke » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:01 pm

I agree with you, if done right and again "by the book(s)" then I think they could really pull it off! Allthough, Peter Jackson is pretty good at what he is doing and the technology in CGI animation these days would make it possible for some awesome MH fights without using too many puppets. For movies like the first Jurassic Park the puppest actually looked better than the CGI stuff but if you look at newer movies it is damn hard to tell the difference, and the CGI is just sooo much cheaper in comparison. They COULD pull a live action off but I think I would apreciate a full length cell shading/CGI "pilot" better with the series to follow 6 to 8 months later...

Shadowbrooke (and his two centavos)

Falk

Post by Falk » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:25 am

Hydra Mirage wrote:me
Mwahaha !
I thought the same thing but didn't typed it :twisted:
That would be damn great^^

About a live action movie... Mmh... Erm... Mmh...
Not sure, but the female casting would be amaizing ! :twisted: :P :P :P :oops:

Mave

Post by Mave » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:53 am

Not sure, but the female casting would be amaizing !
You would have to put them through a severe diet, especially those that get the fatima-parts lol :twisted:

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:24 pm

I don't think it would be possible to cast the Fatimas with real actors. There are no real women that skinny.