Questions About Book 11

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Post Reply
tifacloud

Questions About Book 11

Post by tifacloud » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:00 pm

Just started out on FSS abt a month ago and I am hooked. I want to kick myself for not noticing this title earlier.

Finished reading book 11 for the third time. I still don't get the last quarter of the book. Who is the long haired girl? After the part where Douglas Kaien peeped under her skirt, the scene jumped to her in a room after a "session" with Jabo. ( I presume she's the same person as the fatima with her is the same) Is she Spark of the FEMC or am I mistaken?

Anyone can offer any explainations? I think she appeared at the start of book 11 too but she looks more matured there.

User avatar
Rubel Colus
Posts: 838
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:49 am
Location: The little red dot...

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:29 pm

Hi hi ^^

FSS is great isn't it?

U finished reading all 11 books in ONE month huh? You're lucky, you don't have to wait for more than a decade for it. :( And Book 12 should be on its way soon... Lucky~~! :P

BTW, this might be considered a spoiler so highlight to read ;)


Yeah, you're right - thats Picking Harris aka "Spark" (FEMC Left #10). The long haired girl is Madora Moirai. She's descended from pure-blood Nakandora Svas, her father is Olkaon Harris, the Lesser Heaven Position of Bakin Rakan.

Spark is some sort of a split-personality pulled out of Madora with the help of Empress Mismas. Spark is a weaker version of Madora, yet she is already a very strong knight.

Madora appears only when there will be alot of bloodshed, aka Majestic Stand. After Kaien's death, she is now the Hyper Chevalier of Rose (Sword Saint).
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Image

tifacloud

Post by tifacloud » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:25 am

Yes. FSS is great. I love the way his artwork evolved from book 1 till now. His MH designs are fresh, unlike other mecha movies who tend to recycle their robots. I find his MH are getting sleeker and more feminine as the story progresses.

One thing I am still not used to is the way his stories jump all over the timeline. Sometimes can get rather confused about it. And the number of characters in this story is by far the largest I have ever encountered.

I live in Singapore so I read the Taiwan edition which book 11 came out some time ago. I think because it is not a mainstream story, there isn't quite a lot of followers. Hence it's not that common here too. I had to get the first 10 books from some1 who is quitting his collection.

The english edition is quite alright but its 3 english books to one chinese book. So basically, it cost more than 3 times.

I don't understand how Madora can be a sword saint. Isn't she born without any powers?(she got whacked in the head by her dad when she's younger, right?) BTW, there is a young girl at the beginning of the book that Madora is speaking to. Any idea who is she? ( I think there are some indications that she is Meeth's daughter but then I thought Meeth has implanted her womb into Auxo?)

junchoon
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:15 am

Post by junchoon » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:30 am

hi tifacloud,

the girl is actually a guy, his name is Maximum, borne by Meeth. he just look feminine, like Sopp.

check these sites out for other info:

1) http://www.heika.net - the site and its BBS is sorta abandoned by the webmaster and users, but still valuable. many gearsonline.net users are also from that site/BBS.
2) http://www.csie.nctu.edu.tw/~schsieh/cg ... tbookdb.pl - a Taiwanese site, with current news and translation.

and yeah, not many fans of FSS, i counted 3 other fans that i know of in Malaysia, and 3 from Singapore. :(

hth,
wps

User avatar
Rubel Colus
Posts: 838
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:49 am
Location: The little red dot...

Post by Rubel Colus » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:00 am

tifacloud wrote: One thing I am still not used to is the way his stories jump all over the timeline. Sometimes can get rather confused about it. And the number of characters in this story is by far the largest I have ever encountered.
Yes, it is confusing. That's one of the reasons why I like FSS - the way Nagano tells the story, it makes me think and relate all the details including the timeline as well. I always take note of the date and try to recall what else happened during that time. :P
tifacloud wrote:The english edition is quite alright but its 3 english books to one chinese book. So basically, it cost more than 3 times.
Yeah, I wanted to collect the English versions as well, but it's too expensive.
tifacloud wrote:I don't understand how Madora can be a sword saint. Isn't she born without any powers?(she got whacked in the head by her dad when she's younger, right?) BTW, there is a young girl at the beginning of the book that Madora is speaking to. Any idea who is she? ( I think there are some indications that she is Meeth's daughter but then I thought Meeth has implanted her womb into Auxo?)
She's a descendant of Nakandora Svas - a pure blood. Did u miss the part where she thinks to herself and regards everyone else as being "too weak"? She didn't retaliate because even her father don't pose any danger to her - that's how powerful she is! Even Kaien failed to lift her skirt :oops: :roll: .

I find that I will miss many details if I read FSS only once. Try reading the character description of Madora and also read the part about her wanting to have children. You'll realise what she really is.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Image

User avatar
Rubel Colus
Posts: 838
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:49 am
Location: The little red dot...

Post by Rubel Colus » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:26 am

junchoon wrote:1) http://www.heika.net - the site and its BBS is sorta abandoned by the webmaster and users, but still valuable. many gearsonline.net users are also from that site/BBS.
2) http://www.csie.nctu.edu.tw/~schsieh/cg ... tbookdb.pl - a Taiwanese site, with current news and translation.

and yeah, not many fans of FSS, i counted 3 other fans that i know of in Malaysia, and 3 from Singapore. :(
Hey Peng Soon~! 8)

Nice to see u here. So u finally started posting in GearsOnline - thats great! U might not notice me, I seldom post in WaxTrax. My old nick is Colus III (or Colus Dis Vise) :P

I'm a Singaporean too. One of the extremely few FSS fans I guess :(

BTW, did u guys get the latest limited edition Chinese Knight Flags? I just got mine over the weekend :P


Here are some more CHINESE FSS websites with message boards:
http://cw97165.chinaw3.com/bbssp2/
http://www.fssjoker.com/
http://www.fssun.net/
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Image

tifacloud

Post by tifacloud » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:31 am

Where can you get the chinese Knight Flags? I thought have to order one?
How much does it cost?

User avatar
Rubel Colus
Posts: 838
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:49 am
Location: The little red dot...

Post by Rubel Colus » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:38 am

yeah, i pre-ordered from SPP (Sharp Point Publishing) directly. Check out the other thread in this board titled Chinese Knight Flags. zchen ordered it from yesasia.com

It's a limited edition, supposingly only 2000 copies worldwide. There's a number card for each book, so if u want u need to hurry.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Image

tifacloud

Post by tifacloud » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:45 am

Then most prob can't get liao. I dun have credit card. Do u know of any shops that can help take orders?

User avatar
Rubel Colus
Posts: 838
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:49 am
Location: The little red dot...

Post by Rubel Colus » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:58 am

i don't know of any local shops bringing in this Ch KF. Why not u call up Comics Connection (or any comics store) and try to make them order one for you?

U need the contact number of Comics Conn? Or visit the webby http://www.comicsconnection.com.sg/enquiry.html

Better to call them IMO.

Good Luck

BTW, price is NT1500 for the book alone.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Image

junchoon
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:15 am

Post by junchoon » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:10 pm

Rubel Colus wrote: Hey Peng Soon~! 8)

Nice to see u here. So u finally started posting in GearsOnline - thats great! U might not notice me, I seldom post in WaxTrax. My old nick is Colus III (or Colus Dis Vise) :P

I'm a Singaporean too. One of the extremely few FSS fans I guess :(

BTW, did u guys get the latest limited edition Chinese Knight Flags? I just got mine over the weekend :P


Here are some more CHINESE FSS websites with message boards:
http://cw97165.chinaw3.com/bbssp2/
http://www.fssjoker.com/
http://www.fssun.net/
heya Colus... u emailed me sometimes ago to my hotmail account, rite? :)

i already have the Japanese edition... i missed the pre-order period for the Chinese edition, but from what i hear, the print quality cannot match the Japanese edition...

cheers,
wps

tifacloud

Post by tifacloud » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:39 pm

Yes Yes Yes Yes

I ordered KF from Kino today. Hopefully they will be bringing it in.

BTW, how many of u guys are from Singapore?

User avatar
Rubel Colus
Posts: 838
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:49 am
Location: The little red dot...

Post by Rubel Colus » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:29 pm

junchoon wrote:heya Colus... u emailed me sometimes ago to my hotmail account, rite? :)

i already have the Japanese edition... i missed the pre-order period for the Chinese edition, but from what i hear, the print quality cannot match the Japanese edition...

cheers,
wps
Yup, that's me :P

I now have both the JP and CH versions, and you're right that the paper and print quality of the CH ver is not on par with the JP ver. The color tone's a bit off too. However, it is still a very limited print (2000 copies worldwide) so I think it is a very priceless collection. Also there is some sort of a collection box to keep the CH KF, very nicely printed.


tifacloud > oh ya forgot to tell u kino is a good source for TW books :P I got my Vol11 CH there. Did u specify JP or CH version? If u want the JP ver don't get from kino, its wayyyy too expensive and u can get cheaper over the net. If u want CH ver then kino is a good choice. Good Luck! ;)
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Image

tifacloud

Post by tifacloud » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:20 am

The salesgirl told me KF is sort of a guide book for FSS. Hopefully got more pictures.

BTW, how many of u are into FSS model kits also?

User avatar
Rubel Colus
Posts: 838
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:49 am
Location: The little red dot...

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:17 am

tifacloud wrote:The salesgirl told me KF is sort of a guide book for FSS. Hopefully got more pictures.

BTW, how many of u are into FSS model kits also?
I wonder if the kino salesgirl is a FSS fan too. :?:

There're tons of pictures in KF, albeit some of them are recycled pictures, u'll get ur worth of MHs and Chara pics ;)

And there's so much commentary and info that it'll take a looooong time for me to read everything!


I've given up on kits building, needs lotsa time and $$, and no more space for display :? . Also, I'm too lazy now :oops: :P

However, I'd like to make a Mirage Knights / GODs knight Throne scene like this one:


http://www.toyspress.co.jp/factorys/for ... _004_1.jpg
http://www.toyspress.co.jp/factorys/for ... _004_2.jpg
http://www.toyspress.co.jp/factorys/for ... _048_1.jpg
http://www.toyspress.co.jp/factorys/for ... 15_048.jpg
http://www.toyspress.co.jp/factorys/for ... _048_3.jpg
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Image

Post Reply