Lots of Questions from English Vol 21, 22, 23, and 24

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tomexe

Lots of Questions from English Vol 21, 22, 23, and 24

Post by Tomexe » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:31 pm

What is Ned Swans Vatsher? Are demilights androids, machines, or are they biologicals like later fatimas?

Does anyone hava a English translation for the Chinese dialogue that was left untranslated during the attack by the Yen Xing on the fleet over Splatura?

And what are the insect like creature with wings abord the Xing?

What fatima was it that landed in Jabo's arms right before Jabo was killed in Vol 23?

Which young girl headdliner is it that Jacko encounters in Vol 24? Harris calls her "Her Highness"- is that Sayly Colus or Mallory Viewlard or ?

Why is Salome not wearing the plastic style garment, and who does she belong to now?

Is it me or is Nagano drawing his fatimas even THINNER now than he used to? Queen looks a lot thinner in Plastic wear..

Rubel Colus

Re: Lots of Questions from English Vol 21, 22, 23, and 24

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:58 pm

What is Ned Swans Vatsher? Are demilights androids, machines, or are they biologicals like later fatimas?

The Demilight Vatsher should be similar to fatimas, some sort of artifical lifeform.

Does anyone hava a English translation for the Chinese dialogue that was left untranslated during the attack by the Yen Xing on the fleet over Splatura?

if u can scan me the pages, I can help.

And what are the insect like creature with wings abord the Xing?

That's the Empress' Guard, named Astarote. The Empress did call out to her isn't it? Or is this part in Chinese too? IMO, her origin is suspicious...

What fatima was it that landed in Jabo's arms right before Jabo was killed in Vol 23?

That should be Corlala's fatima Spaluta . The other one on the floor is Poesche's fatima Shealasta.

Which young girl headdliner is it that Jacko encounters in Vol 24? Harris calls her "Her Highness"- is that Sayly Colus or Mallory Viewlard or ?

Mamadoa Juzotta. Fatima: Aurora

Why is Salome not wearing the plastic style garment, and who does she belong to now?

Plastic Style is still quite new during this time period. Salome's master is Tightnabe. I guess Cyan needs to speed up her work :roll:

Is it me or is Nagano drawing his fatimas even THINNER now than he used to? Queen looks a lot thinner in Plastic wear..

I guess Earth Dragon didn't feed her well, and she slept for 150yrs, what do u expect? :D

Seriously though, Plastic style wraps tightly around the body, so it is reasonable for that effect.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:56 pm

Also, I've noticed that the name "Astarote" appeared in JP vol 5, the part about the Taika retrieving Kallen and KOG. Notice "Astarote Void" in the space map. ;)
Looking for:

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:46 am

Isn't Astorate a devil prince in the Christian/Judaic mythology? If I'm wrong, please don't take offense, I don't know anything about the religion. This is pure curiosity.

S

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:03 am

Lalasa wrote:Isn't Astorate a devil prince in the Christian/Judaic mythology? If I'm wrong, please don't take offense, I don't know anything about the religion. This is pure curiosity.

S
Good call Lalasa!

Astaroth/Astarte: http://www.deliriumsrealm.com/delirium/ ... taroth.asp

And here: http://www.pantheon.org/articles/a/astarte.html
Shinei!

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:55 pm

There was one question I forgot. When Lader is scolding Tryton for trying to help Christine V escape, he keeps refering to a "She" a women who was behind it.

Who is this woman? Is it Ena Fillmore the former Kensai?

And is Ena also the amazingly preserved female headdliner that appeared in last July's enstallment of Newtype playing matchmaker between Chris and the new Emperor Fillmore?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:15 pm

Yeah, thats Ena dai gu Fillmore aka "Hyper Grandmother"
Shinei!

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:13 am

Thank you for the links Nu Suoard! Hyper Grandmother...as in the lady whom Dai Gu was carrying, swathed in that robe right? *mutters* Can't remember which NT that was in...

*goes searching...again*

By the way, who's Christine's mother? Are we going to hear anything about her? And isn't Machi Christine's father's fatima before she (<--Christine) inherited her? Before Christine got that gorgeous MH, did she have a Siren belonging to her father?

S

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:35 pm

Lalasa wrote:Thank you for the links Nu Suoard! Hyper Grandmother...as in the lady whom Dai Gu was carrying, swathed in that robe right? *mutters* Can't remember which NT that was in...
Yep, thats her. She likes to masquerade as a harmless old lady (well, she is an old lady, she'd just not "harmless")
The reason she's called "Hyper Grandmother" is she used to be Kensai (both after and before Kaien)
She is officially retired, but for purposes of fighting in the Majestic Stand, she rehabilitated her body and skills to get back into fighting form. She pilots the Red Phantom.

Here she is: http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/manga/ju ... _07_12.jpg

And her Phantom: http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/manga/oc ... 0M0011.jpg

*goes searching...again*
Hey! We got all the newtype manga scans right here.
By the way, who's Christine's mother? Are we going to hear anything about her? And isn't Machi Christine's father's fatima before she (<--Christine) inherited her? Before Christine got that gorgeous MH, did she have a Siren belonging to her father?

S
Well, um...Christine's mother is..um..well she...I don't know! We haven't heard a thing about her mother. I haven't received the latest english volumes so I don't know if she's mentioned in Volume 10. When Nagano introduced Christine's father, Barbeleuse V, he was reading a letter from his wife and as far as I know, thats the last we heard from her.

Machi was indeed Barbeleuse V's fatima before he comitted sepuku. Shortly after he killed himself, she presented herself and her former master's sword to Christine and pledged herself to Christine's service. This was in volume 10. Also at that moment, the Neptune (that gorgeous MH she pilots) moved to protect her, so Lader VIII decided to allow her to pilot it in his place and named Christine Highlander. Christine never had a regular Siren as she was far too young to go into battle. She was still a child when she inherited both Machi and the Neptune.
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:47 pm

Christine's mother shows up in the first part of Vol 10. She was talking to an officer from Filmore about Christine's killing of her schoolmate.

This scene is just before Violet Tryton comes to get Christine under the order of Ena.

Dunno her name though... :|
Looking for:

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:07 pm

It would seem that Ena has been following Chris's reputation for being physically precocious.

Looking for a possible successor perhaps? A queen for her Grandson? BOTH perhaps?

Oh, wonder if Aisha will look like Ena when she gets into her 300's too.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:47 pm

Tomexe wrote:It would seem that Ena has been following Chris's reputation for being physically precocious.

Looking for a possible successor perhaps? A queen for her Grandson? BOTH perhaps?

Oh, wonder if Aisha will look like Ena when she gets into her 300's too.
AFAIK Christine can never be a queen, she must carry the guilt of her childhood mistake forever. The people of Fillmore will never accept her as a Queen.

Perhaps Ena sees her potential and juz edged her to carry on. She is now even more determined to serve her Emperor and she will lay down her life for him. A love that can never blossom. Kinda like Aisha? Altho Amat never had any romantic thoughts with Aisha...

Aisha is quite old already, juz that she spends alot on making herself look young :twisted:
Looking for:

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:36 pm

I would think wether the people of Fillmore accept Christine as a Empress would depend on how famous she becomes as the Empires top headdliner. A lot can be forgiven if you are a national hero.

If Lader can pull of marrying a fatima, given the attatude in Fillmore toward them, Emperor Fillmore can probably pull off marrying a Chevilress provided nothing happens to make Chris's reputation worse in the meantime.

Its clear that Chris beleves that because of her past she cannot have the Emperor, but reality may be quite another thing in the long run.

Of course Ena may just want Chris as her protege and to be the next Kensai after Kain and herself die.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:50 pm

Tomexe wrote:.

Of course Ena may just want Chris as her protege and to be the next Kensai after Kain and herself die.
Well, the next Kensai will be Madora Moirai, who comes from the same bloodline as Ena. (I think)

After her, Maximum is born, so I don't think Christine would have an opportunity to attain Kensai...
Shinei!

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:35 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:
Tomexe wrote:.

Well, the next Kensai will be Madora Moirai, who comes from the same bloodline as Ena. (I think)

After her, Maximum is born, so I don't think Christine would have an opportunity to attain Kensai...
She may not make it to become Kensai but that does not keep her, as a youth, from being selected as a possible canidate? Something is attracting Ena to Christine, and her early appearing strength must make her a attractive protoge, and being female too also makes her a match for Ena's grandson.

There has to be some reason for Ena to spend time, effort, and political capital on Chris. If not as a protoge or a granddaughter in law then ?