About Rognar

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:11 pm

Poseidal wrote:It's possible (although this is complete wild speculation) that in the Naganoverse, body/mind/soul are entwined, so the soul will 're-seek' the body to be reborn, as it is 'the same' body (and mind) due the daughter chip.

It's just a way of looking at it though.
Not everyone's mind is entertwined, just Ballenchine Fatimas and Rognar.

Everyone else looses their memory when they are reborn, and they have to relearn things over again.

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:33 pm

Well, my case that the Ex women are all twins got weekened a a bit by English Vol 22.

Harrier and Harper were on a ship taking a prince of Katz to a omai with Pannar...

so they DO look for male headdliners.

Damn, my idea would have made such a great story, oh well.

Falk

Post by Falk » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:09 pm

Mmh after reading english book 20 (JP 8 ), with the destruction of float temple, I've seen that Rognar's fatima, Eatta is still alive. In english book 22, Intercity dies at 687. So in 4100 Eatta should be about 1300 years old.
So is it what Tomexe means just two posts upon ?
Tomexe wrote:Not everyone's mind is entertwined, just Ballenchine Fatimas and Rognar.

Everyone else looses their memory when they are reborn, and they have to relearn things over again.
But why would Ballanchine Fatimas's mind be entertwined ? Is it some technical achievment ? Or there's some magic behind that ?
And would that mean that any Ballanchine Fatima could be reborn ?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:34 pm

Intercity was simply not as "robust" as modern day fatimas...and she lived 687 years! That means top-of-the-line Ballanche and Morard models will probably have quite long lives. Atropos also manages to live 1300+ years, as well as Magaera, Est and other Fatimas.
Shinei!

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:01 pm

Falk wrote:Mmh after reading english book 20 (JP 8 ), with the destruction of float temple, I've seen that Rognar's fatima, Eatta is still alive. In english book 22, Intercity dies at 687. So in 4100 Eatta should be about 1300 years old.
So is it what Tomexe means just two posts upon ?
Tomexe wrote:Not everyone's mind is entertwined, just Ballenchine Fatimas and Rognar.

But why would Ballanchine Fatimas's mind be entertwined ? Is it some technical achievment ? Or there's some magic behind that ?
And would that mean that any Ballanchine Fatima could be reborn ?
That answer will depend upon us finally seeing what has become of Neeb, Focuslight, and SSL. Have they simply been asleep like Clotho or have other things been done to them? When I wrote that though I was thinking mostly of Auxo's "reboot" ability- maybe it wasn't a late invention by Chrome- maybe it was something Lithium had developed and was in his creations from the begining. (this kind of goes with the "Auxo is SSL" theory)

InterCity didn't WANT change, she just wanted to be what she was, she lived out her life without any alteration other than burying her history and her memories (assuming such alterations are possible) and without going to sleep.

And then there is Lachesis, with her dragon modeled DNA and constantly "evolving" body as well has her powers over time that can cause her to appear in her older forms whenever she is suitably moved.. i

Falk

Post by Falk » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:02 am

Was just wondering, in book one (prologue), Amaterasu talks about all the comrades he's lost : Litra ? -check- Ballanche ? -check- Aisha ? -check- (died of old age I guess ? Colus III -check- but Rogner ?

Or is it simply lost as an ally, when Amat' goes nuts and put Upandora on the throne ? Would be weird as it is well stated that Rogner stand by Amat' up til the end.

Or is it a part of the story not written yet at all ?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:25 am

I just read the page in issue 1 again. Rognar? Could it be that Rognar doesn't stand by Amaterasu until the end? I had always assumed that Rognar was on the Will when it took off.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:37 am

probably talking about the 2nd clone of Rogner - the one created in 3010 and the same one in the Jagd Orange Dragon blasting at Kallamity. He's the little kid now in Majestic Stand. So this 2nd clone probably died of old age, and the 3rd and final clone will be brought onto the Will and last through to 7777.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:54 am

Tachyon wrote:I just read the page in issue 1 again. Rognar? Could it be that Rognar doesn't stand by Amaterasu until the end? I had always assumed that Rognar was on the Will when it took off.
Hes with Ama at the flash-forwards to them landing on Fortune in 7776

But then maybe he is leaving room to try to fit 'Fool for the City' back into the time line?