Suit styles was-->Fatima

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Mave

Post by Mave » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:06 am

Ice Dart style is what came after the "Gloss Face" style. (Not Gross, or Cross)
Hmm, it says "Gross Face" explicitly in Plastics Style the book...but your explanation sounds reasonable enuff.

*chalks one up for japanese engrish*

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:02 am

That also reminds me of the "Telol" Mirage in English book #1 on page 74. *chuckles* It's supposed to be Terror.

S

hitori

Post by hitori » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:01 am

Mave wrote:Hmm, it says "Gross Face" explicitly in Plastics Style the book...
That's what sucks if you can only read little bits of misspelled alphabet here and there from the books. :wink:

That's why we depend on the people who bring them to us in English but...
The editors of both the English and Japanese versions of FSS really need to do better jobs.
The recent English volumes really bother me when they have grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.

Mave

Post by Mave » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:44 am

That's why we depend on the people who bring them to us in English but...
The editors of both the English and Japanese versions of FSS really need to do better jobs.
The recent English volumes really bother me when they have grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.
Totally agreed. :D

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:29 pm

All these suits were made so as to cover up the fatima, to prevent them from bewitching mankind.

Did they ever thought of making ugly or plain looking fatimas? Problems solved. :roll: :twisted:

BTW, I remember reading that there will not be any "standardised" fatima suit style either during the last part of the Grand Invasion or during the rebellion (forgot exactly when). So the last suit is not really Decadent Style again, there'll be a mix of all (probably PS, DS and current style?)
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Mave

Post by Mave » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:45 pm

BTW, I remember reading that there will not be any "standardised" fatima suit style either during the last part of the Grand Invasion or during the rebellion (forgot exactly when). So the last suit is not really Decadent Style again, there'll be a mix of all
Hmm, maybe The Union of the Galactic Kingdom that Amaterasu later forms eases up on fatima restrictions. And they can then wear whatever they want 8)

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:30 pm

Mave wrote:
BTW, I remember reading that there will not be any "standardised" fatima suit style either during the last part of the Grand Invasion or during the rebellion (forgot exactly when). So the last suit is not really Decadent Style again, there'll be a mix of all
Hmm, maybe The Union of the Galactic Kingdom that Amaterasu later forms eases up on fatima restrictions. And they can then wear whatever they want 8)
I'd guess that its more of lack of control and resource problems?

Although the Joker Cluster is under one ruler, the rebels will not comply with Amaterasu's rules and standards, since they do not even agree on his sovereignty. Before the Rebellion, most Knights and fatimas are under some country or leader, and are thus being 'in control', and they abide by the Galactic Law. It's quite an irony :)
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:15 pm

Its entirely possible that Uplanda, being a fatima himself, and with Atropos as his wife, DID relax fatima dress codes.

No one to stop him, and both naturally do not agree with how Fatimas were treated in the past...

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:55 am

*confused*

Is there somewhere that says Upandla (...however you spell his name. >.<) taking Atropos as his wife? As in how King Lader of Fillmore took his fatima Krougatama as his wife. Is it actually written and spelled out in the books, not just a matter of fan speculation or Nagano's "say"? (<--considering how much he's changed some details of FSS)

I know the later Knight of Gold is called KOG AT after Atropos, but that could mean a number of things.

S