Plz help a newbee out

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:11 am

Also, about the top 10 MH list.
Aren't the 2 Auge's completely different in power capabilities ?
As one was built by Amaterasu as a prototype KOG, the other is an intact Machine Messiah...

Also why is Junchoon also Engage SR2?
I thought the engage octaver was a different MH to the Junchoon.

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:19 am

Hydra Mirage wrote:Also, about the top 10 MH list.
As one was built by Amaterasu as a prototype KOG, the other is an intact Machine Messiah...
Yes, I want to know that too since I thought Kyo and Allen Bradford turned the original Auge into a pile of scrap metal during the Emperor Rescue Mission chapter. It was rebuilt wasn't it? What was it called this time around?
Hydra Mirage wrote:Also why is Junchoon also Engage SR2?
Also I believe that Engage Octavor (<--I have no clue how to spell that word! >.< Octaver? Octavar?) is the latest model of the Junchoon, and the Junchoon itself was taken to another country by someone fleeing persecution...I think. Can't remember that country or that someone.

In fact, I'm not even sure if this is correct, but it's what I think happened since I can't quite read kanji or hiragana. I can just barely make out the katakana, which as everyone knows is no help to anyone since the translated spellings are funky anyway.

S

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:58 am

Hydra Mirage wrote:Also, about the top 10 MH list.
Probably. I'm assuming Amaterasu created the MH: Auge from the specifications of the MM: Auge. As much as he possibly could, in any case.

Consider also how much more advanced Mirage Engines are even when compared with MM engines. The Yen Xing is listed at 1.7 Trillion Hp (based on the engine output of the Empress Flame, which has a Yen Xing engine) vs the 2.0 Trillion HP of the MH: Auge!
The Yen Xing was supposed to be the most powerful of AD era Machine Messiah, but then again this might not take unique MM like the Auge into consideration, so the MM: Auge may very well be quite a bit more powerful than the MH: Auge.
Also why is Junchoon also Engage SR2?
Yes, the Engage Octaver SR-1 is different from the Junchoon. In Knight Flags, they have the history of the Engage series explained in the Colus section. I can't read the Kanji and Kana, but I've had some of it translated for me. Granted, this is all from memory but I believe it says here that the Junchoon (created by Colus XXIII) is considered the Engage SR-2. The entire engage series includes:

Engage Octaver (SR-1) Created by Colus XXI
Engage MK.2 Created by Colus XXII
Engage SR-2 (Junchoon) Created by Colus XXIII
Engage SR-3 (Saylay Junchoon/Jade Temple) Created by Dr. Diamond Neutral.
Note: The Engage Octaver was recently refitted and remodelled by Dr. Diamond (which is why it looks ultra-modern) and this is when it achieve the moniker "SR-1"
Note2: After the Junchoon is remodelled by Sop and retrofitted with a Mirage engine, it loses its "Engage SR-2" moniker and is now considered a Mirage machine.
Note3: Dr. Diamond Neutral was comissioned to create the latest Colus flag MH which is dubbed the Engage SR-3. After its creation and delivery to Colus, Colus meights redesigned the external armor to resemble the Junchoon and nicknamed it the "Saylay Junchoon" since Colus XXIII'ds daughter Saylay was its assigned pilot (since Colus XXIV does not go into battle). Some also call it the "Jade Temple" here's a pic

Gorgeous isn't it. I like the L-gaim style Power Launcher attatched to its arm.

Gawd the new Berlin is ugly. Come on, Dr. Neutral! All of your other designs are so nice, what happened here???
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:15 am

Lalasa wrote:
Yes, I want to know that too since I thought Kyo and Allen Bradford turned the original Auge into a pile of scrap metal during the Emperor Rescue Mission chapter. It was rebuilt wasn't it? What was it called this time around?
I read recently that the Auge that was trashed by Braford and Kyo got turned into the Patrasque(?) Mirage (the one Piloted by Upandora and Atropos much later on)
Also I believe that Engage Octavor (<--I have no clue how to spell that word! >.< Octaver? Octavar?) is the latest model of the Junchoon, and the Junchoon itself was taken to another country by someone fleeing persecution...I think. Can't remember that country or that someone.
As I laid out in my post above, the Engage Octaver (SR-1) is the original Colus flag MH. The Junchoon was an improvment on its basic design. The Junchoon was later remodelled by Ladios Sop, but was sealed away with Clotho asleep in the fatima cockpit after Colus XXIII'ds death. The Engage Octaver was the MH that was "borrowed" by Arr Fortissimo Melody IV. Actually, the Engage Octaver was given over to the Melody family in the care/custody of the Kensai of the time, Harricon Melody Needlenoid. (he was a young child as Kensai, but was only Kensai for 1 year before his death) in which case when the Melody family was disbanded, Arr fled with the Engage in her posession! She is currently working for Hathua Union Republic as Dupre Zen Atoll's swordsmanship instructor. Saylay went to Both during the Majestic Stand hoping to recover the Engage Octaver for Colus in all the confusion of battle. Of course, she didn't count on St. Greens in the MM: Auge reaching Arr first and interfering in her quest....
In fact, I'm not even sure if this is correct, but it's what I think happened since I can't quite read kanji or hiragana. I can just barely make out the katakana, which as everyone knows is no help to anyone since the translated spellings are funky anyway.
I envy you. I can't read Kana at all! I know I could learn, as I started to when I was dating a Japanese girl many years ago. It seems quite easy to learn (the Japanese language is easy to speak, in any case) to read Kana, but I simply don't have the sources to do so currently.

I hope what I've told you is correct. I've quoted you everything I remember from conversations on the old Wax Trax message board from individuals who were able to read the information in either the original Japanese or translated Chinese versions.
Shinei!

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:56 am

Thankyou so much for the background information.
I would love to read a translation of Knight Flags, maybe one day....

Do you know anything about the 'Last Junchoon' MH seen battling the Patrasque Mirage ?
http://www2q.biglobe.ne.jp/~y_tanaka/

I don't mind the Berlin sr2. Though I haven't seen a clear scan/model of it yet.
Here's prototype garage kit of it.
http://homepage3.nifty.com/wombat_mh/mo ... part2.html

hitori

Post by hitori » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:23 am

Nu Soard, do you happen to have my old compilation about the history of the Engage series that I posted in Wax Trax a long time ago?

I didn't keep a copy and I'd like to see it again if I can.
Thanks.

PS. I agree that the Berlin SR-2's are the most fugliest gawdawful pieces of sheits I've ever seen. :D

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:12 am

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:
Lalasa wrote:
I read recently that the Auge that was trashed by Braford and Kyo got turned into the Patrasque(?) Mirage (the one Piloted by Upandora and Atropos much later on)
Ooooh, so that's why the Patrasque (which I've dubbed the Squash because...look at that name!) has those round, blade-like-wing thingumajigs...
Nu Soard Graphite wrote:
Lalasa wrote: ...I can't quite read kanji or hiragana. I can just barely make out the katakana...
I envy you. I can't read Kana at all!
The only reason why I knew this much is because of my grandfather. I'd get a dime to add to my weekly allowance for every stroke I remember. XD This was more than 13 years ago so I've diligently been forgetting most of what I was taught since.

S

Mave

Post by Mave » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:30 am

Gawd, the new Berlins gets no love at all :P

What is it you guys dont like about it? The shoulder armor? The new headpiece?
Ooooh, so that's why the Patrasque (which I've dubbed the Squash because...look at that name!) has those round, blade-like-wing thingumajigs...
I think you are confusing it with the prototype Auges active binders. The Patraqushe doesnt have a shield.

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:37 am

Then that makes the Patrasque(?) Mirage the Original Auge then. (the later, non Machine Mess. one being Gran-Auge) Eeerie.

/L-Gaim link

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:28 pm

Mave wrote:
I think you are confusing it with the prototype Auges active binders. The Patraqushe doesnt have a shield.
*nods* Yes, I did.

I have to find that model website again. On it, there was a metalic, pale violet-blue-grey hued Auge-like machine. It read "Patraqueshi Auge" then some numbers with an "A" or "M" after that. I can't remember exactly.

Maybe it was a designer custom. I do know it wasn't the Machine Mess version. I wondered how I could get one, then turned off the computer and promptly forgot about it.

S

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:24 pm

hitori wrote:Nu Soard, do you happen to have my old compilation about the history of the Engage series that I posted in Wax Trax a long time ago?
Unfortunately, no. There was so much good information there I wish I woulda kept at least some of it (I only managed to come away with some few charts, a couple of MH descriptions and a spitload of pics. Ah, yes and the article on Est)
I didn't keep a copy and I'd like to see it again if I can.
Thanks.
Ah well. You know what they say about hindsight being 20/20 and all.
PS. I agree that the Berlin SR-2's are the most fugliest gawdawful pieces of sheits I've ever seen. :D
Simply awful. I like the original Berlins a lot better and I consider those to be some of Nagano's most mundane works.

On the other hand, I like just about everything else that showed up in Smoke Walls. Especially the Siren R, the new Cross Mirage [male] and the Gastness Temple.

I wonder how come the new version of the Helmine didn't make it into Smoke Walls....
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:28 pm

Mave wrote:Gawd, the new Berlins gets no love at all :P

What is it you guys dont like about it? The shoulder armor? The new headpiece?
I think its a combination of the headpiece and the shoulder armor. They simply do not go together. I look at they body of the Berlin SR-2 and I think...hmm..thats not bad at all. Then my eyes go to the headpiece and the shoulders and I grimace.

Maybe a different head with those shoulders would be okay, or the current head with normal shoulder pads rather than those quasi-active binder looking shields. I dunno. Maybe someone will do a fan drawing of the Berlin SR-2 and we can see some variations on it.
Shinei!

Shadowbrooke

Post by Shadowbrooke » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:16 pm

Please don't flame me for this, being that I am the proverbial noob and all but...I don't know if I think Berlin SR-2 looks THAT bad guys...please don't hurt me :cry:

Shadowbrooke

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:38 pm

Oh, don't worry, this is a non-flaming website (so far *fingers crossed*) but you might have to suffer a joke or two :wink:

Seriously though, in the scheme of things, its not a horrible looking mecha, its just not great for a Nagano designed Mecha. He's spoiled us you know.
Shinei!

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:30 am

I found this kit on E2046.

Nu Soard, do you know where this Colus MH might fit into your Engage / Junchoon history ?

http://www.e2046.com/trade/productview/399

The site names it Junchoon but it looks like an Engage, maybe pre Dr. Diamond Neutal ?

What do you think ?