Sad news about Animerica magazine

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Grebo Guru

Sad news about Animerica magazine

Post by Grebo Guru » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:10 pm

Hey all,

For those of you here who are readers of Animerica Magazine, I have bad news. The blockheads in the marketing and financial departments at Viz have finally won their three-year war of aggression against the finest English-language anime magazine. Animerica will be cancelled as of its April issue.

Sad news, sad news... (shakes head)

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:29 pm

What!? They're going to stop the magazine? I thought it was great. I assumed it was selling well.

What does this mean for you, Grebo? New projects?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:53 pm

what the hell? so are you out of work now or did you have something set up to fall back on?
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:15 pm

Oh, Im fine. I work for Shonen Jump. As for the people who work on Animerica, all of them are staying on at Viz doing other things (or at least they have the option). The managing editor, Kelly, will be leaving though.

Anyway, Im gonna write one last "In Stercore Invenitur" column for the last issue. Apparently all the old columnists will come back for the last issue.

In any event, Im really bummed. This means that Anime Insider -- the most uninformed, stupid, shallow anime magazine on the racks -- will become The Authority on anime now. Bleh.

Altron

Post by Altron » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:44 pm

Shonen Jump is good, but not as good as Animerica. I have a few issues of it on my shelf, collecting dust.