Mighty Alpha aka LED Mirage B4 aka Akatsuki-hime

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Mave

Mighty Alpha aka LED Mirage B4 aka Akatsuki-hime

Post by Mave » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:47 pm

Im sure this info is printed in Knight Flags but since i dont know japanese...

Who was the first intended user?

The first iteration of this machine is Mighty Alpha where it sports an orangey color in its armor.

Later when its given to Maximum Kaien, the tuning by Sopp makes the color of the armor change to "opera-red" and its given the name Akatsuki-hime...
I might have screwed up the order things happen above. Feel free to correct me.

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:45 pm

Cool !
I never knew that.
That explains all the wildly different colored B4 model kits I have seen.
All the way from Orange to Pink.

I can't wait to find more out about the mighty series.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:26 pm

I believe it was originally called the Mighty Alpha: Akatsuki Hime (Dawn Princess 8) )
After being tuned by Sop and Max joining the Mirage Knights, it is redubbed the LED Mirage B4.

I don't know why. Akatsuki Hime is such a cool name, I have no idea why they would ever change it!
Shinei!

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:31 am

The other name for it is Destonious, no? Babirons and Hydra also have cool names as well , but yeah, Akatsuki Hime does sound pretty cool.

Babirons:Ikazuchi-Maru
Hydra Mirage: Suiou-Maru

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:37 am

I saw two different colored models and always thought they were "brother" machines, not the exact same one with different paint job. Plus the brain numbing array of fan arts done of the B4 in nearly all the shades of reds and oranges didn't help the issue. Thanks for the info.

S

Mave

Post by Mave » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:08 am

I believe it was originally called the Mighty Alpha: Akatsuki Hime
Thanx for clearing that up! :)
I don't know why. Akatsuki Hime is such a cool name, I have no idea why they would ever change it!
I guess it wouldnt make much sense since the color of the MH has changed altogether from dawn-orange to opera-red ;)

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:56 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:I believe it was originally called the Mighty Alpha: Akatsuki Hime (Dawn Princess 8) )
*coughs* Going slightly off topic since I'm talking about Japanese mythology. The Sun Goddess Amaterasu (Mythology, not FSS) was pissy about something or other that another God did to her so she hid her "divine light" away from the world, plunging it into a neverending darkness until the Dawn Goddess came up with the idea to do a striptease. The Sun Goddess was intrigued by the rowdy crowd whistling and shrieking catcalls that she heard directed at someone just outside the sealed cave enterence and unable to stand her own curiosity came out to see what was going on.

The Dawn Goddess not only was taking her clothes off in a cheerfully sexy dance, but she'd placed a mirror just in front of the cave enterence so that Amaterasu upon coming out and seeing her own gorgeous reflection was attracted, asking "Who is that golden beauty?" and came all the way out. In which time yet another God slammed a massive rock into the cave enterence so Amaterasu couldn't go back in. Not that Amaterasu cared. She was too busy admiring her beauty to think about a measly little cave, besides she can always find another one or failing that blast one out of solid rock whenever she was having one of her infamous temper tantrums anyway. That was how the light came back into the world.

At least...I think it was the dawn goddess. It's rather hard to translate the kanji into English. There is another name for this goddess as well, but it makes absolutely no sense in English.

S

hitori

Post by hitori » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:55 pm

Lalasa,
I hope you don't mind me writing a post very similar to yours.
Just wanted to straighten out a few things.

The story is mentioned in Kojiki, the oldest sacred chronicles of Japan.
Amaterasu Oomikami does go in to hiding but not because she was mad at something, but because she was terrified of her brother Susanowo no Mikoto the Storm God.
He was trying to usurp her land, destroying her farm, buildings and even killed her weaving maiden.

Amaterasu goes in to hiding in a cave and Ame no Uzume no Mikoto(just wanted to mention her name was not Akatsuki Hime), the godess of Dawn and Revelations, does the strip dance and draws Amaterasu Oomikami out.

Then Ame no Tajikarao no Kami (god of Strength) pulled Amaterasu out while Futotama no Mikoto sealed the cave door. Susanowo was punished for his actions by being forced to pay thousand tables of gift, having his beard cut, and then exorcised out of the Heavenly realm. (very harsh :D )

Just a bit more detail for those who care.

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:55 am

Later when its given to Maximum Kaien, the tuning by Sopp makes the color of the armor change to "opera-red" and its given the name Akatsuki-hime...
I was wondering about this 'tune up'.

Since all of Dr. Diamond Neutral's Mighty series end up with Mirage emblems, does that mean they are upgraded with Mirage engines ?

This would make the Mighty series as powerful as an LED.

hitori

Post by hitori » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:17 am

-deleted
Last edited by hitori on Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:41 am

Nope, I don't mind at all, Hitori!

There are several different versions of that myth and that one is more detailed than others. The one I like best is told by my grandfather. He gives no quarters to anyone and makes fun of all of them. XD

Thanks for the names though. He could never get those right. Then again he was 88. Good memories.

S