New Section - Tokusatsu

What's happening at GEARS

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Section - Tokusatsu

Post by Tachyon » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:52 pm

The Tokusatsu page starts off today with images and info from Kamen Rider Agito. Thank you, Kuruni! I'm sorry it took so long to start the section.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Altron

Post by Altron » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:18 pm

Looks good. I'm having power-ranger flashbacks all over again.

Kuruni

Great

Post by Kuruni » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:07 am

Great job, Tachyon. I must say I love it. :D
Justice will never lose!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:56 am

Zoxesyr

Post by Zoxesyr » Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:59 am

O.k. Tachy, you know that you posted kamen rider, and have listed power rangers, but the header picture is Ultraman (et al.) so you have to add an Ultraman listing as well.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:00 pm

Nuts. I may have to change my intro image. I don't have any Ultraman material. I like Ultraman a lot, just don't have any books on those series.

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:58 pm

I'm glad this series is here. Although they're cheesy and the humans over exaggerate everything, I still like a lot of the live action feel of it that no anime could really capture.

And this does bring back memories. I was never much of a fan for the humans in the Power Ranger series, but the machines forced me to wake up at an ungodly hour in the morning to watch it.

I was amazed to realize that most US viewers did not know that Power Rangers was Japanese! I about died laughing when some of them argued with me that it was American made. (I'm still amazed at myself that I actually got into this idiotic arguement in the first place.) I finally had to point out in several of the episodes showing Tokyo Tower and blue tiled roofs on obviously oriental buildings and street signs. That shut them up pretty good.

I'm very sure, despite the US having some fantastic buildings, even replica ones, that there is not a Tokyo Tower (or a life sized replica of one) anywhere on US dirt. Not to mention how many times it's been destroyed, rebuild, thrashed to within an inch of its metalic life, only to be rebuilt again...

I used to play Ultraman on...what's that machine called...it's light grey with purple buttons and trims. It wasn't Super Nintendo or maybe it was, but anyway, it was my favorite game since I could easily beat the bad guys.

S