Plz help a newbee out

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Shadowbrooke

Plz help a newbee out

Post by Shadowbrooke » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:13 am

I am sure this has been on the board before but then again I did a search and cound not find it so...Anyways, here it is ladies and gents, my two questions I am possitive you have allready answered a million times:

1) In falling order from the best to worst, what MH is the most powerfull?

2) In falling order from the best to worst, what MH/HL/Fatima combination is the most powerfull?

I have looked around on the proverbial net and it seems that on the official FSS homepage the LED Mirage rules, having even more power than the Jagd Mirage! I have seen other sites, albeit not official but they have been updated more recently, where the KoG or the Junchoon rules the FSS world. I have even seen sites where the Bang Doll reigns supreme...

In other words, what are the actual and not to mention official stats for these mecha-badboys?

Other than that I don't have much to say about the series as is except the fact that it is awesome! I am going to get the "american issues" (don't even know what you veteran's call that...sry) 1-24 in the mail at the beginning to middle November and I hope to get issue 25 and 26 soon after that. Have a good one and hope to hear from you soon.

Shadowbrooke

hitori

Post by hitori » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:11 am

Oh, man I'm not sure anybody can answer these...

Shadowbrooke

Post by Shadowbrooke » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:51 am

Hmmm...

I thought this was going to be easy since you have obviously read about the FSS-universe more than I have and thus have a deeper understanding of the technical marvel that is an MH.
I realize that if no such data is displayed within the comic-book it self that can prove to be very hard indeed.

So then is one safe in assuming that we should all go off of the official website or no? I ask this only because I know what can hapen when one assumes, I have only been on this forum for a matter of hours and I am not about to make enemies...yet!

How about this then: Display all the technical data you have access too, that is to say as long as you can give a issue and page number where this information is atainable for the rest of us. In the end I can sit down and compile all the info we have gathered, verify it all and then present the proverbial winner. This should work out fairly easy on the MH's them selves but as far as the HL's and the Fatima's goes...I don't think that can be done in reality unless the books them selves have a set ladder of skills and the likes, using that we can then easily derive which one is the most bad a$$ Knight in the Kingdom.

Well, think about it and take action if you want to. If not then, well just sit back and don't do anything and I am sure you should be just fine.

PS.Sorry about the english - I am from Swden so please bare with me in my poor spelling and horrible sentence struction.

Shadowbrooke

hitori

Post by hitori » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:26 am

Welcome to GEARS Online FSS forum, Shadowbrooke. :D
And congrats on getting the English volumes.
I think you'll like them.
They're much higher quality than original Japanese ones.

You'll see when you read your books, but in FSS, it is seldom the case where specs and battle records of MH's are published.
We get to see occasional horsepower, height, weight info etc of the select few but that's about it.

Also, in the storyline we sometimes see high spec MH's mowing down everything in its path, but also see generic MH's with inferior Fatima dominating over masterpiece MH's piloted by elite Knights.
Of course I could give you the lazy answer and say "The strongest being in FSS is Amaterasu because he is the creator of the known universe. The strongest Fatima is Clotho, because she was created to destroy Amaterasu."
This probably won't be disputed.
(for those who want to bring up Lachesis, she's no longer a Fatima. ha!)

There is one chart that was published more than one year ago that lists power superiority rankings of about 20 beings.
It includes MH's, gods, humans, animals all in one chart.
That's the closest thing I can think of that would work for you, but unfortunately I don't have a version that is translated in to English.
If you would like to see it in Japanese, I'll be happy to post it here for you.

Falk

Post by Falk » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:19 am

This is the chart we talked about and that Rubel Colus translated right ?
Or another ?

Here's the list I'm talking about :
http://www.gearsonline.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=271

And welcome Shadowbrooke^^

Mave

Post by Mave » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:54 am

Welcome Shadowbrooke. From Sweden eh?

Trodde jag var den enda som diggade FSS i moder Svea... :P

Its as hitori already said. Its often not only a matter of numbers when considering MH:s and their Fatima. Case in point is Decorrs Weissmel that took out 3 Sirens in a Devoncha.
Anybody know which fatima he was using when doing so?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:13 pm

hey Shadowbrooke! Welcome aboard.

Here's the link to Gears Online MH data:

http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/mh/mh-name.php

We have endeavored to have detailed writeups whenever possible, but the Author of FSS, Mamarou Nagano has made it difficult for us by not providing hard data for a great number of his mecha. He does come out with basic information (height, weight, Engine output etc) but weapons layouts, and defensive capabilities are oftentimes glossed over in his writeups. Of course, for a few of the star MH's (the LED Mirage, KOG, Jagd Mirage etc) he's given extremely detailed information on them (all weapons, defenses, armor thickness etc) and where available, all of this information has been included.

As mentioned above, Nagano has gone on record saying that while MH's do have a ranking as far as the most powerful to the most useless, the true determination of the outcome of a MH combat is dependant on the combination of Fatima/Headdliner. The most important determination being their compatibility then their respective skills. Even a superior Headdliner with a top-notch Fatima can be beaten by a lesser skilled Headdliner in an inferior machine who has a deeper bond/compatibility with his own fatima. This is why Fatima are allowed to choose their own masters. They choose their masters based on compatibility and no other criteria. The only exception to this rule in the Joker Galaxy is Fatima Est, who chooses her master based on their compatibility to MH Vatshu. (she will "adjust" her personality to be 100% compatible to the HL she chooses as Master for Vatshu)

Stay tuned to Gears Online for more MH updates as they become available. In the FSS Art book; Characters 10: Knight Flags, there is a whole wealth of MH information. Unfortunately much of that information remains in Japanese/Chinese only. A small amount of it has been translated but its difficult to find this info. Hopefully since the English version of FSS is approaching this era, this information will be translated for our viewing pleasure.

In Characters 11: Smoke Walls, Nagano wrote a 14 page article called Internal Structure of Mortar Headd which not only described the complete inner workings of Mortar Headds (from their skeletal structure to Musculature to Power source to external armour) but included detailed full color sketches to go along with the descriptions. This article is absulutely fantastic and makes Smoke Walls a must have for any serious FSS and/or Mortar Headd fan. I suggest you try and find a copy. One of our members here is taking a stab at translating the article, but it is a large article and is going to take quite a while before it is complete. Here is the beginnings of the translation in this thread here:

http://www.gearsonline.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16

Again, welcome and enjoy your stay!
Shinei!

Shadowbrooke

Post by Shadowbrooke » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:21 pm

Mave - Jag ar fodd och uppvaxt i Uppsala men flyttade till USA for tre veckor sedan igar :roll:

For the rest of you guys who don't speak Swedish, thank you for all the responce I have gotten not to mention the warm welcome (even though I am a complete noob). I figured that it was going to be hard to compile a "top-ten" list if you will but the power ranking matrix will help out a bit I am sure...if some one would be so kind as to explain it a bit more thorough, I think the whole Japanese thing is trowing me off :D
Well, again thank you for all the information and I hope to be able to return the favour in some way.

Shadowbrooke

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:55 pm

Case in point is Decorrs Weissmel that took out 3 Sirens in a Devoncha.
I believe he was fatima-less. He used an Eetoramuru.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:37 pm

I'll take a stab at a "Top Ten" list. Note that this is based on the MH's engine output and combat capability as seen in the manga.

#1: Jagd Mirage: Output 3.3 Trillion Hp
#2: Knight of Gold: Output 3.0 Trillion Hp
#3: Junchoon (Engage SR2) Output more than 2.3 Trillion Hp
#4: LED Mirage: Output 2.3 Trillion Hp
#5: Cross Mirage/Terror Mirage: Output More than 2.0 Trillion Hp(?)
#6: Auge/MM Auge: Output 2.0 Trillion Hp
#7: Schpeltor: Output 1.7 Trillion Hp
#8: Empress Flame: Output 1.7 Trillion Hp
#9: Neptune/Prominence: Output 1.5 Trillion Hp(?)
#10: Vatshu-The Black Knight: Output 1.4 Trillion Hp

Note that these output numbers are averages based on test data. Also, the AKD/Mirage MH's numbers are exaggerated becasue all their test data is compiled by Bashicustual, which is one of the few 3A fatima in the galaxy. (thus they are exceptionally high recorded "averages")
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:58 pm

Best MH/Fatima/HL combinations:

#1 Junchoon/Clotho/Colus VI
#2 KOG/Lachesis/Amaterasu
#3 KOG/Atropos/Upandora
#4 LED or Jagd or Speed Mirage or Mighty Babiron/Eatta/Rognar
#5 LED B4/SSL/Max
#6 Schpeltor/Auxo/Kaien
#7 Vatshu/Est/Black Knight
#8 Hydra Mirage/Vin-Tin/Jacko
#9 Empress/Concord/Dupre
#10 Prominence/Candana/dai gu Fillmore V
Or
Neptune/Machi/Christine V

There are several omissions here.

MM: Auge/Diode/Neipier
The reason why I don't list this combo is because while the MM: Auge is one of the more powerful machines in the cluster and Neipier is one of the strongest Headdliners, Diode is woefully lacking in sync ability compared to many of the Chrome Ballanche fatimas (and Est of course) listed above.

LED Mirage/Maja/Sarion
While this combo should techincally be top tier, we simply haven't seen Sarion in action as of yet, so we don't know exactly how strong he is. What we do know is that he lacks experience, so many of the HL's listed above outrank him in that aspect. Maja is one of Ballanche's few 3A fatima when it comes to MH control and thus Sarion has one of the best Fatima in the galaxy. When he goes into battle he should whip major arse.

Calvary R/Hugtrang/Wascha Codante
The Calvary R should be a very high ranking MH, considering it uses Mirage technology and was built by Sop. Hugtrang is quite simply, the best fatima Ballanche ever created outside the three Fates (Lachesis, Clotho and Atropos) however, Wascha Condante is ranked at less than average when it comes to Headdliner strength. That means even though The Calvary R and Hugtrang combination has the potential to make that one of the deadliest teams in the galaxy, she simply does not have the ability to take advantage of it. Unfortunate really. (I think there's more to Wascha than meets the eye though)
Shinei!

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:31 pm

Prominance and Neptune are one and the same thing?! >.<

Argh...*goes to change her MH, MM and AH chart*

By the way, is the Mortarheadd called Machine Mess also?

S

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:04 pm

Lalasa wrote:Prominance and Neptune are one and the same thing?! >.<
Oh no! Sorry to confuse you Lalasa. They are different MH's. I simply figured their power levels are similar. I know where the Neptune falls, but info on the Prominence's power level is scare (but its first appearance in Book 11 is relatively impressive) so I simply placed it even with the Neptune for convenience sake.
Argh...*goes to change her MH, MM and AH chart*
No, Stop!
By the way, is the Mortarheadd called Machine Mess also?

S
No. Machine Messiah and Mortar Headd are different machines.

Machine Messiah are from AD era and do not use Fatima, but cybernetically link their pilots to the mecha.

Mortar Headds are from the JC era and use Fatima (or Etriml) instead of the MM's cybernetic linkage.

Technically, Machine Messiah's are more powerful than Mortar Headds because of the Super Empires superior technology and Super Empire Chevaliers superior strength over JC Headdliners. However Sop successfully builds the LED Mirage to be more powerful than even a MM: Yen Xing, the most powerful Machine Messiah of the AD era (or so we believe at this point). The LED Mirage is so much more powerful than other JC era Mortar Headds that it is given a totally new designation:

Mortar Messiah (see Knight Flags article: All things must go to the Inferno page
Last edited by Nu Soard Graphite on Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shinei!

Mave

Post by Mave » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:06 pm

Hydra Mirage wrote:
Case in point is Decorrs Weissmel that took out 3 Sirens in a Devoncha.
I believe he was fatima-less. He used an Eetoramuru.

Eeeek! Either those guys in the Sirens underestimated Decors (and paid for it with their lives) or he really is THAT good!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:14 pm

Mave wrote:

Eeeek! Either those guys in the Sirens underestimated Decors (and paid for it with their lives) or he really is THAT good!
Quite a bit of both, I should imagine.
Shinei!