Empress Flame Alternative Look

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Empress Flame Alternative Look

Post by Tachyon » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:26 pm

Characters 9: Plastic Style has a different looking Empress Flame on the cover. It has different coloration, longer horns and an FEMC emblem. Can anyone help me understand why this is?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

hitori

Post by hitori » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:48 pm

-deleted
Last edited by hitori on Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:23 pm

Wow, I've never heard this before.

I knew about the Goat Mirage, but like everyone else, I thought it was the Empress Flame, retooled by Sopp and given a Mirage engine. I didn't know it was a whole new machine. I wonder where it fits in on the power scale in the Mirage Machine hierarchy...

If I remember right, the Empress Flame is running around with an engine output of around 1.7 Trillion HP (or is that 1.5 trillion?) which is the same as a MM: Yen Xing. (It has the engine from a Yen Xing)
Shinei!

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:40 pm

Where does it mention the Yen Xing engine is in the Empress Flame ?

On a side note, how many of the MH's in FSS are from the Farus die Kannarn Empire ?
I've just finished reading 23-24. Vol 24 mentiones that Est was syncronised with the Black Knight by Princess Yarn Vatshu.
If the Black Knight was built during the super empire it must be pretty powerful ?
Also, isn't the Auge Messiah an ancient MH ?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:52 pm

I thought Rowmiran Xbin built Vatshu, the Black Knight during the JC era.

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:10 am

It does not require a Fatima and its Headdliner is Tower, a Morard Fatima who doesn't have mind control.
Oh so THAT is why she is Mirage Knight 42, yet a fatima.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:13 am

Hydra Mirage wrote:Where does it mention the Yen Xing engine is in the Empress Flame ?
In volume 9, Morard mentions it. Thats when he decided to "suspend" the Tower project because Jabo had Concord, a Ballanche fatima good enough to co-pilot the Empress.
On a side note, how many of the MH's in FSS are from the Farus die Kannarn Empire ?
None! Well, almost none.
In volume 9 (english volume 21) the MM: Yen Xing show up, but this is during the flashback to the end of the AD era.

In volume 12 (currently running in newtype) the MM: Auge appears. It is also a Machine Messiah from the AD era.

The Empress Flame simply uses a MM: Yen Xing engine...it was built during the JC era and sealed for 200 years until it was given to Jabo and Concord.
I've just finished reading 23-24. Vol 24 mentiones that Est was syncronised with the Black Knight by Princess Yarn Vatshu.
If the Black Knight was built during the super empire it must be pretty powerful ?
Hmmm...sounds like another translation error. The Black Knight was made by Rumiran Xbin in conjunction with Dr. Morard Carbyte. Xbin made the Vatshu, and Morard made Est to compliment it. All of this is mentioned in Knight Flags (info that has been translated back on Wax Trax)
The Vatshu is not really all that powerful. Compared to the "average" MH engine output of 1.0 Trillion Hp, the Vatshu's 1.4 Trillion Hp is fantastic (even higher than the Bang Doll's 1.35 Trillion Hp) but when put up against a Mirage Machine at 2.0+ Trillion HP or The Empress at 1.7 Trillion Hp, it seems as if the Vatshu is simply "above average".
However, the combination of Est's Synchronize Fluter (which allows her to bond more fully with Vatshu than nearly any other fatima/MH combination) and the skill of the various Black Knights makes the Vatshu a deadly opponent, even when put up against obviously superior units.
Also, isn't the Auge Messiah an ancient MH ?
The MM: Auge.

Yep, its "ancient". Its a relic left behind from the AD era, as I mentioned above.
Shinei!

Zoxesyr

Post by Zoxesyr » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:04 am

I thought I read somewhere that the Goat Mirage (aka "Goud" or Bloody Mirage) was the Empress after Ladious did a refit on her.

hitori

Post by hitori » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:20 am

-deleted
Last edited by hitori on Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:14 am

hitori wrote: Concord is not a Ballanche Fatima.
Her Meight is Guillaume Iron.
You are correct!

I flaked on that one. I keep thinking she's a Ballanche fatima though, for some odd reason.

Guillaume Iron huh?

I don't recall ever hearing of this Meight. He's listed in Volume 11 though, but his only creation listed is Concord...
Shinei!

hitori

Post by hitori » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:46 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:I don't recall ever hearing of this Meight. He's listed in Volume 11 though, but his only creation listed is Concord...
I think he's mentioned in the Episode Guide, but yeah there sure are a lot of people, MH's, countries that only have been mentioned by name. :?

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:07 pm

Are the meights i the Ballanche family named after different metals? So wouldn't "Iron" suggest a Ballanche family connection?

hitori

Post by hitori » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:34 pm

-deleted
Last edited by hitori on Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:11 pm

Dr.Diamond Neutral

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:46 pm

Fatima meight Prisen Corks. Is Prisen a chemical?