The "rebuild" of Lachesis"

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Falk

The "rebuild" of Lachesis"

Post by Falk » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:31 pm

My sister has started to read FSS, and for now it seems like the magic of FSS isn't acting that much on her.
All she can say is "they're all laughing at aisha while she seems to be sad", "this dumb Amaterasu doesn't care about her while h'es in love with a girl he hasn't seen for ages and it almost pedophilia" and blablablah...

That's quite fun to see that each mistery is more bothering her than making her curious :P She wonders why they're talking about Ulicul in the notes in the last pages while Colus is with Clotho in the 1st book, etc etc... *Don't be so impatient !*

So well, I know there's something with Lachesis, that her hair color (and overall look) changed, I read it on heika but I remember I didn't uderstood everything.
Could someone explains it to me again with details ?^^
Why was she rebuild exactly ?
Was she build "alone" some years before Clotho and Atropos, then build again at the same time of her 2 sisters ?

Mave

Post by Mave » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:21 pm

All she can say is "they're all laughing at aisha while she seems to be sad"
Well I can only agree but Nagano has set her up to play the part of the tragic heroine so there aint much to do than to follow her fate :cry:
"this dumb Amaterasu doesn't care about her while h'es in love with a girl he hasn't seen for ages and it almost pedophilia"
I think that when Sopp rescued Lachesis he wasnt sure of his feelings. We can see that insecurity time and again. The most blatant example is when he visited Litra and his mother in the family maosoleum. Another blunt example are his attempt to seduce Lie Ex.
His love for Lachesis doesnt get fully realized until after he loses her in the end of the Filmore-invasion. You know what they say...you dont know what you have until you´ve lost it.
So well, I know there's something with Lachesis, that her hair color (and overall look) changed, I read it on heika but I remember I didn't uderstood everything. Could someone explains it to me again with details ?^^ Why was she rebuild exactly ?
Was she build "alone" some years before Clotho and Atropos, then build again at the same time of her 2 sisters ?
You know, I would want to know this too :D
Nagano has been damn tightlipped about her though.

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:40 pm

In English Book 12, we get a hint about why Lachesis will change from Ballenchine when Sopp comes to meet him for the last time.

He tells Sopp about how the Dragons do not just grow up but evolve individually over time. He copied their evolving DNA in building Lachesis resulting in her being "She is not a fatima but a creature of will with the high dimensional elements needed for individual evolution" Thus as she ages and her powers grow her body will change as well. Like the dragons do.

And to a limited degree she has control of it, she came out of the tank as we saw in book 1 with long black hair and thinner. But she changes shortly to short chestnut brown hair and a shorter frame with more "baby fat" on her as her apperance "stabilized" to better match the apperance of Amatarasu in his male Ladios Sopp. And to make her look more like the child she essentially is. She can appear in her final form, as she did for Clotho and Morard on Juno, but I beleve that it is only a illusion she can project, and she may not have control over it.

In a lot of ways Laki IS a little girl. And her current body better matches that than her final form.

Rubel Colus

Re: The "rebuild" of Lachesis"

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:31 am

Falk wrote: Why was she rebuild exactly ?
- She was rebuilt due to her own request. She wished to be with Sopp forever, even after knowing that he is immortal. In order for her to be immortal as well, she needs a total makeover to match Sopp's. She was told by Ballanche that such a makeover is possible, thus she requested for the rebuild. I suspect Ballanche let her know about this on purpose.

- The last 3 fates were build together.

Atropos 2968 to 2987
Lachi 2970 to 2977 to 2988 (died and rebuild in 2977)
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:51 am

Oh, so that's what "rebuilt" meant.

I couldn't understand how Auxo can come back like that. So physically she did die, but was brought back while her head, which Dr. Prisen Corks implied she would sever, was kept functioning? How? Connected to a mechanical heart and artificial blood?

I wonder if Dr. Morard would rebuild Build as well considering how her limbs came out in the regeneration tank. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up about Lachesis.

S

Mave

Post by Mave » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:52 pm

I couldn't understand how Auxo can come back like that. So physically she did die, but was brought back while her head, which Dr. Prisen Corks implied she would sever, was kept functioning? How? Connected to a mechanical heart and artificial blood?
Joker science can do that. As long as some biomaterial is still functioning they can rebuild a person completely. The tricky thing is the memory or soul if you wanna get philosophical. Auxo had some special tricks built into her by Ballanche. If it would have been a regular fatima she would be "reset" to her factory defaults.
I wonder if Dr. Morard would rebuild Build as well considering how her limbs came out in the regeneration tank.

SPOILER...kinda, atleast for you guys that havent read jp book9 or english volumes 21+

She does get rebuilt and when we see her in volume 22 she is totally fine, memory and all.
Last edited by Mave on Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:04 pm

I just read on another thread about Kaien's death.
Can he regenerate with memory ?
Or is it the end for him ?

Mave

Post by Mave » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:15 pm

Nope, the only one who can come back with memory intact is Rognar because of his daughter chip. (and probably some of the gods and dieties running around but lets exclude them :P )

Besides I dont think Kaien would have made it. He caught Vos blow with his chest and I would bet most of his insides including his heart turned to mush. Maybe if there was a medical team nearby but this was during a fierce Buchtgma invasion and palace assault.

Thats why its important for knights to protect the heart and the brain. BDU:s of the FEMC have a built-in defibrillator to keep the heart from stopping.

Falk

Post by Falk » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:09 pm

We talked a bit about that on Waxtrax.

Well in fact Kaien's death made me realize that FSS is all about fate (destiny^^), and... I don't like that AT ALL :wink:

I'm more into the chaos theory than fate. Well chaos theory is such a mess that we can't control anything, so finally it's the same than destiny, but a destiny you d'ont see coming (I say Kaien's death cuz' all the visons the fatima have didn't make me ealize it particularly).

---SPOILER not about FSS---

It's the same about the manga/anime "X". It's great, the upcomming death of Sorata which is the coolest character of the serie, etc etc... But at the same time it's lame, everything's already written, it won't change, I'd better save some time and watch the last episode first :wink: .

---Spoiler ends---

If I were Kaien, I would have jumped in the Schpeltor, and go as far as possible :wink: (well I guess he had to stay to protect Mugumika :roll: and the others and blablablah...)

Mave

Post by Mave » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:18 pm

Haha yeah i saw your comments over at WaxTrax when it was still non-borked. Food for thought :)

Atleast he passed on some of that great headdliner-blood to some offsprings :wink:

Dying to know what Vos and Nein talked about at the end...

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:40 pm

I'm sure there is a reason Kaien stayed beyond simply "Fate".

Since Kaien was a Baiya, and he had latent Para-Simul ability I'm sure he could see the various layers of what would happen if he did one particular action or another.

Perhaps if Kaien took Auxo and fled in the Schpeletor, he forsaw that there would've been no one to stop Vos, and Vos would've destroyed the Hathua forces effortlessly, killing hundreds or thousands more than would've died in the battle otherwise.

Or perhaps he foresaw that Vos would get to Magdall and kill her...his own daughter! Something like that would make Kaien stay and face death.

The variables are endless. Maybe Nagano will explain it some day.
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:08 am

Lalasa wrote: I wonder if Dr. Morard would rebuild Build as well considering how her limbs came out in the regeneration tank. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up about Lachesis.
S
Regarding the story just prior to this, the part about the distant future of 18000s, what do you guys think this story is trying to say?

I dont understand why Nagano talks about this :?

Maybe I didn't catch the idea behind it.
Looking for:

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:23 am

----- Spoiler about Kaien death ----- (this is in JP vol 11)

Maybe Kaien somehow did foresee his death, like NSG said, I suspect he has some para simul abilities, allowing him to see his impending death.

But the deaths of Mukumika and Kaien are not as simple as it seems. Mukumika had sealed Yan Qie (young Gold Dragon) for some time now. At her death, she released Yan Qie and used it to summon Nein (Empress of Flame). The price to pay is the blood of the virgin Atoll Empress and the pure blood headliner who is the son of Princess Kastenpo of the AD Century (Kaien).

Nein showed up and Vos was utterly beaten. He was lucky to have escaped death. If Nein didn't show up, Magdall would've died. Of course, the revival of Nein wasn't just to save Magdall only. ;)
Looking for:

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:24 am

Hey! I wasn't going to spoil that part for them. Its damn cool.
Shinei!