The FEMC and knight numbers

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Mave

The FEMC and knight numbers

Post by Mave » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:14 pm

A couple of questions that have been peeving me for awhile about the Mirage Corp.

First Eastern Mirage Corps...the name makes sense, except the "First" part...
We all know that the corp goes through different phases depending on how many and who they recruit at the time. The english volumes mention the second and third phases. Will the corp change name accordingly? Like the SEMC, the second....or even TEMC for third and how about the fourth LOL... FEMC again :roll:
Ok, maybe the phases doesnt affect the name but there is still the question of why choosing such a name in the first place if you are not planning a second or a third corp.
I admit this must sound pretty stupid but this has been peeving me for awhile :)

The next question is about the Mirage knight positions and numbers. How are the numbers decided? Because they are obviously not after the chronological order of knights joining the corp. Prime examples are Jackos, Jhon and Maximum.
Jackos will take up position #1 and Jhon will be #20 even though Braford at #21 joined first!
Even stranger is Maximum which takes up #22 before Qukey even though Qukey is obviously a part of the corp before Maximum is even born!
They are not placed according to skill/power either because then Maximum will naturally be number #1!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:06 pm

"First" probably meaning the strongest, highest, top, etc. Say, the battalion or squadron number - it wont be changed no matter how many generations it went thru rite?

Mirage Number usually first come first served but theres some special cases.

#4 - will always be the commander in chief
#A - not sworn loyalty to Amaterasu. Was held by Amat himself, but recently Jackos took the number

The first generation consists of #1 - #8
The second generation, all numbers are re-used, Spector took over #8 although he came in after Lonn. #6 not used (suspect he is Hind Kill)
The Third generation, #20 died in a space flight incident, while Allen took #21. Qukey was insistant that she take #23 coz it's her birthdate LMAO :roll: So #20 and #22 was not taken. Jhon came first so he took #20, and max later so #22.

The part about Jacko, it's probably Nagano's new idea.
:?
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:50 pm

And here I though Jackos was THAT good. *laughing* Isn't he the Silver Knight, after Kaien? Why isn't Max the Silver Knighti f he's so good?

By the way, is it Jackos Q'N Hash or Jackos Quo'n Hash? Or is it Jack'o'lantern? <--or was that last one Nagano's idea of a joke?

S

Mave

Post by Mave » Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:20 pm

#A - not sworn loyalty to Amaterasu. Was held by Amat himself, but recently Jackos took the number
Well bohooo! Shows how accurate and up-to-date the english version is :roll:
How can he be a Mirage-knight and NOT swear loyalty to Amaterasu? :?
The second generation, all numbers are re-used, Spector took over #8 although he came in after Lonn. #6 not used (suspect he is Hind Kill)
Hind Kill is actually #10...if the english volume 2 im holding in my hands isnt lying to me again...
#5 and #6 were held by Xros Harman and Partolk Crytharis. Both are retired but I think they are still around as advisors.

#20 died? Who was it before Jhon?
Qukey was insistant that she take #23 coz it's her birthdate LMAO
LOL, sounds like a Mirage-knight alright... :roll: It is stated so in the characters books?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:38 pm

Mave wrote:
Jacko is already a Jota Space Knight. He can't be both a Mirage Knight and a Jota Knight. However, his mom is Iemarah Lout Jajas, (Mirage #18 and Commander of the Space Forces) and since his master Kaien was FEMC #1 for a short time, they gave Jacko #A...basically an "honorary" Mirage rank. He can come help out with stuff when mom requests it.
Shinei!

Mave

Post by Mave » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:05 pm

However, his mom is Iemarah Lout Jajas, (Mirage #18 and Commander of the Space Forces)
Aah, now Im reminded of another question and that is who is the father? (of Jacko) Dont tell me Kaien was dipping his hand into the cookie jar AGAIN :roll:

Iemarah looked radically different in jp book10 than when we see her in the Colus-Hagooda war.

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:19 pm

Mave wrote:#5 and #6 were held by Xros Harman and Partolk Crytharis. Both are retired but I think they are still around as advisors.
So does this No. 6 go for the Left Mirages as well? Because in the book I'm holding the Left does not have a No. 6 and there is nothing printed in little letters to tell us what happened.

S

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:57 am

Mave wrote:
Errm when i said "new idea", i mean it seems that he didn't actually plan for it beforehand. :P

Considering Jacko's disrespectful attitude, its hard for him to swear loyalty to anyone. :D His father is Tabro Coltessa, grand dad Jota Coltessa (founder of Jota space knights).

Lalasa > where did u hear about Jack'o'lantern LOL ~! definitely not. His last name comes from the name of his mum Imara's native country Atya Hashu (or Hash) of Planet Kallamity. So he's a royalty and could become the future king of this country. And Silver Knight dont mean the strongest knight, dunno how Kaien decides the next.

#6 is same for both wings, taken by the first generation Xrox Haman. Notice his fatima is same as Hind Kill's, and Hind Kill had his face 'remade' to look like Amat's, that is why many people suspect Hind Kill is Xrox.

#5 left wing not taken after the first generation's Partolk Crystalis.

Original #20 guy's name not mentioned (as far as i remember), I think this is in JP vol 10, as well as Qukey's request.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

hitori

Post by hitori » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:01 am

-deleted
Last edited by hitori on Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mave

Post by Mave » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:14 am

His father is Tabro Coltessa, grand dad Jota Coltessa (founder of Jota space knights).
Wow A big shot! Do we see him in the manga?

hitori

Post by hitori » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:43 am

Mave wrote:Do we see him in the manga?
Do you have the books?

Mave

Post by Mave » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:00 am

Just gimme vol# and page# 8)
(I assume we see him in jp book10+?)

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:48 pm

Rubel Colus wrote:where did u hear about Jack'o'lantern LOL ~! definitely not.
I saw it on a Japanese forum. It was right next to a .jpg of Quo'n Hash and Nagano's name. I thought it was a joke, but I didn't know so I kept the information for...I don't know why! XD I was wondering about it but I had no one to ask and those I did ask were unsure themselves so I had nothing.
Rubel Colus wrote:#6 is same for both wings, taken by the first generation Xrox Haman. Notice his fatima is same as Hind Kill's, and Hind Kill had his face 'remade' to look like Amat's, that is why many people suspect Hind Kill is Xrox.
Aaaah, I see. Hm, nice "nick" name. :roll: Hind Kill. Now I have to go find a picture of Xrox.

I wonder what happened to Hind Kill after he was dismissed. I rather liked his Fatima.

S

hitori

Post by hitori » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:54 pm

Mave wrote:(I assume we see him in jp book10+?)
nope

Mave

Post by Mave » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:31 pm

Whats with the secrecy?
Just tell if you know man :roll: