RahXephon

Mazinger, Raideen, Getter Robo and so many others

Moderator: kosh

khalahaley

RahXephon

Post by khalahaley » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:07 pm

Saw the series recently, and I must say I like it a lot. I'm simply in love with its design, and I loved its story and mostly everything else. ANyone else watch it?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:01 pm

I watched the first 3 DVD's and it was starting to get really interesting. Izubuchi did a great job with it. I'd like to try and see the rest some time.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Temjin

Post by Temjin » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:57 pm

I haven't see it yet, but I will look into it.

Mechanical Specimen

Post by Mechanical Specimen » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:52 pm

Hehehe I own the entire series on DVD( saw it first before it came to the states,had been following it's broadcast since 2001),plus both artbooks and the original soundtrack.I believe it to be an incredibley well made and wonderfuly written series.It's a sigh of relief in a wake of Gundam spinoffs and Evangelion wannabes.

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:39 am

I thought the last episode was a bit too much like Evangelion and because I despise Evangelion, I didn't want to see the rest of it. (Except for FSS, I refuse to look at a manga/anime/anything really until I've seen the last page or last episode first. If it's good and/or touches me in some way, I'll go ahead and look at the rest of it.) But I did and I ended up wishing I'd bought the set which came with a bonus soundtrack when it was on sale at a comic dealer. It's too late now.

But I am still sticking to my method of choosing what I'll read or buy or see based on the last scene.

S

Mave

Post by Mave » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:49 am

You serious? :shock:
How do you judge a "manga/anime/anything" by reading the last page, watching the last episode and so forth? The last part are mostly the sum of what has come before and doing what you do only makes it

a) Confusing, you dont know what transpired before...

b) Major spoiling, that cant be very fun?

A little bit clicheé maybe but most often the journey is the highpoint and not the ending/result.
I really dont see how you can make a fair judgement of something without taking in the whole and not just bits and pieces :roll:

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:34 am

Mave wrote:You serious? :shock:
*amused* Why wouldn't I be serious?
Mave wrote: a) Confusing, you dont know what transpired before...
That's the entire point. I like the confusion of not knowing and that is what makes me want to look at the rest to figure out why something or someone ended up where they are. If the ending does not pull me in, then I doubt the rest of the story will be interesting.
Mave wrote:b) Major spoiling, that cant be very fun?
I absolutely adore spoilers. The bigger they are to the plotline, the better to me. Simply because I don't take their words for it. Until I am able to see what I'm interested in, all "spoilers" are just opinion to me. I will make up my own mind when I do finally see the product. I can even be surprised despite (a lot of the time) reading someone else's word-by-word script. After all, no one looks at the world in the same way.

Therefore, my interest is basically the journey as well, but of a different type on a less used path.

S

Mave

Post by Mave » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:01 am

Well, to each his (or in this case her :wink: ) own i guess...

I hate spoilers. I like to be suprised by the writers...which reminds me of when i struck upon a MAJOR spoiler when casually surfing a Legend of Galactic Heroes board...

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:46 pm

Mave wrote:Well, to each his (or in this case her :wink: ) own i guess...
Yes, that's what I believe. Or at least try too anyway. In RahXephon, I have to admit that knowing what happened in the end just made me annoyed at the whole thing. Although, my love for the characters and mechanical designs made me regret not buying the entire set when it was on sale.

S

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:39 pm

So you probably enjoyed Five Star Stories beginning with the fall of the Black Knight and Amaterasu's domination of the galaxy. :wink:

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:52 am

Tachyon wrote:So you probably enjoyed Five Star Stories beginning with the fall of the Black Knight and Amaterasu's domination of the galaxy. :wink:
Oh, yes. I adore FSS and since the mid-90's it's been taking over my life; It didn't make me wait so I'm not complaining. :D

S

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:27 am

I thought RahXephon was pretty crummy.

Darc_Serpent

Post by Darc_Serpent » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:12 am

i've only seen dvd 1(episodes 1-5) and the movie and i liked it a lot

im trying to get the rest of the dvds which will take a while

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:36 am

Grebo Guru wrote:I thought RahXephon was pretty crummy.
Thats because you're an Eva fan and anything similar probably feels like a lame copy.
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:38 am

I need to rent this series and see what I think.