2012 - Ringing In The New Year

What's happening at GEARS

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

2012 - Ringing In The New Year

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:15 pm

Hello, mecha fans. 2012 has begun and I suppose I should give some information on what I intend to do with Gears Online this year. The Mospeada section took a lot of time and I had to put my life on hold while I was working on it. Since my youngest son is 5 months old now I need to spend time helping my wife to keep the household going. 2012 won't be a major year for Gears Online. When I can find some time I'd like to expand the Dirty Pair section and implement my ideas for overhauling the navigation system. Once the navigation is updated the last obstacle to a site redesign is removed. However, I have had no success in finding someone to create a new design for the site. Perhaps that will change this year. Also, I'll put time into Five Star Stories. Once the Building of Mortar Headd article is translated I'll put time into scanning images and creating pages to hold it. If other FSS material is submitted to me I'll put time into it.

I'm open to suggestions if anyone has them. I have great material for Megazone 23 and Bubblegum Crisis/Crash sections but I'm not sure if I'll have the time this year. We'll see how things go.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Roadie

Re: 2012 - Ringing In The New Year

Post by Roadie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:46 am

Well, you've done a man's job so far. Frankly, more than anyone has a right to expect. This has been a "go-to" site for a long time. Let the good times roll when you can. We'll be here :)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Re: 2012 - Ringing In The New Year

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:35 pm

Definitely love to see a BGC section considering that anime has almost no presence on the Web anymore, yet it is one of the greatest anime classics of all time.