Which Mortar Headd do you like best?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:24 am

If i remembered correctly, the background art is done by another artist. I think the scenes are quite interesting :wink:

U can order from online stores such as www.hlj.com

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:22 pm

I'd like to think it's not an official Bang Doll variation at all. It's quite crude and unattractive looking, compared to the Bang Doll we know and love from the manga. I've never ever liked this other version...

The only official Bang Doll variant, as far as I'm concerned, is the 'square shield' version, seen briefly in the manga.

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:
Hydra Mirage wrote:I agree.
I'm not sure if it's even a Nagano design.
Yes it is.

Its an early "rough draft" design of the Bang Doll that Nagano did for his collected paintings work called Joker 3100. It is a book of full-color paintings that Nagano did waaaaay back in '89 that detailed the 3100 era of Joker.

This may very well be the "V2" Bang Doll since the book is tittled Joker 3100. Or perhaps this is a future Mass-produced version. I'd like to think it is the latter.

elemental

Post by elemental » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:21 am

Sure, Joker 3100 is supposed to be in the "future" compared to where the manga is currently at. And yes, it is possible Nagano is planning to unleash a Bang V2, or some such thing, but I have my doubts that the Bang seen in Joker 3100 will ever appear in the manga. That design is old, and Nagano likes to redesign things.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:53 am

elemental wrote:Sure, Joker 3100 is supposed to be in the "future" compared to where the manga is currently at. And yes, it is possible Nagano is planning to unleash a Bang V2, or some such thing, but I have my doubts that the Bang seen in Joker 3100 will ever appear in the manga. That design is old, and Nagano likes to redesign things.
yup, i agree Nagano likes to redesign things, its better for fans like us, we get a fresh new design very frequently :D We didnt even get to see the old Neptune design in the manga, and probably Kan will look different when it finally appears in the manga.

The design in Joker3100 is more of a "concept" art, it's so much simpler and plain-looking. I hope Nagano gives us a re-designed Berlin SR2 soon, it looks horrible IMO and both Bang and Berlin SR2 are going be with us for a loooong time - at least till 4100 :|

Falk

Post by Falk » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:40 pm

Mmh, the Kan just appeared in the manga right ?
In the newtype issue where the electro knight or something appeared.

We don't see a full view of it, but we can see the whole torso, head (it's got 2 antennas contrary to the artwork I think), shoulders, etc.
I'd say it's not much different from the artwork (particularly the skirt armor), but I have to take a closer look at it.

But as we don't see the legs, maybe it'll be on heels too, contrary to the knightflags artwork.

http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/manga/april_2004/84.jpg
http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/manga/april_2004/85.jpg

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:19 pm

The one that appeared in the NT issue is Kan Early (or Kan Alpha - cant remember :P). It's still somewhat in its testing stage. So its definitely not the 'final' version. :wink:

If I remembered correctly the later MH Kan can be controlled remotely :shock: (prolly not for combat tho).

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:37 am

The Mass Production Kan appears in Characters 4: Fatima and is supposed to be the version adopted by the God's Knights in the 4000's. The Kan is made specifically for Etriml control instead of Fatimas. I've never heard anything about them being controlled remotely, but in FSS anything is possible...
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:44 am

I've just dug out my Characters 4. The part about the remote control is there in bottom of the page titled Scaja Knights.

The description mentioned that these Scaja Knights had undergone even more "enhancements" than the A'p Knights. Even when the knight is not piloting in the MH, the Etriml can read the knight's brainwaves, and excute the commands as required! :shock:

So far we have:
Kan Early - Appeared in NT
Kan
Kan Alpha - used by AKD during Grand Invasion and 4100
Kan Second ?! :?: - Characters 4 under the desription for Kan, I see this and it says that Upandora took the MH Kan and re-tuned it for his GODS Knights. Not sure if it is the same as Kan Alpha?

Not sure if the remote control ability is available for Kan Early, but probably is for the later models. Gotta check the KF :wink:

ro3159

Post by ro3159 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:39 pm

I like Ashura Temple series. 8)
I think he named this after Ash Ra Tempel.
http://www.ashra.com/disco/1711as.htm

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:22 am

How about that new Ashura Temple variant that has the big blades/spikes on the gimble instead of the claw arms. Does this Ashura variant have a unique name?

Here it is fighting the Calvary R in our latest FSS Installment:

Shinei!

ro3159

Post by ro3159 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:36 am

This MH is same one Iler the bishop's Ashra Temple. But it changes sub arms

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:30 am

NSG - I believe that is still the Ashura Temple, but there is another MH that resembles it. It is called the Flamberge/Flameburg Temple. This is the only fan art I can find of them.

http://www.fureai-ch.ne.jp/%7Eshoks/con ... eal10.html

I don't know if anyone knows this but "Ashura" is supposedly the incredibly beautiful Japanese God of War. All he had to do was show his face and all the soldiers would be mesmerised into complete inaction...on both sides. Of course if that does not work, Ashura has six arms to deal with the fools who doesn't know divine beauty when it is staring them in the face.

As in most religious cases in Asia, Japan is no different in that Ashura is actually a Hindu/Buddhist deity. I can't remember his Hindi name, but he was also a God of Death and War and was just as jaw droppingly beautiful as his Japanese counterpart...only the Hindi version had 8 arms. XD

S

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:40 pm

Okay. I was just wondering if it had a different name or designation from the standard Ashura Temple.

I'm aware of the Flamberge Temple, I believe its the flag MH for Mejojo.

I would like to have seen Christine V in the Neptune come up against Krackenbeal in the Flamberge. Too bad Christine freaked out before that could happen :(
Shinei!

Mave

Post by Mave » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:20 pm

Oh I think she will kick some major ass in the future, Mejojo or not :twisted:

Especially now that Grandma talked some "sense" into her :roll:

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:36 am

It was previously mentioned that Krakenbeal is similar to Decors, both are among the most powerful headliners in Joker, yet without the Ten-i title. So I hope Krakenbeal lives up to his name and not just get killed in the first MH battle that we see :D .

There was a scene in Jp vol11, Krakenbeal was about to engage Dai Gu Fillmore 5 in his Prominence. If Krakenbeal went ahead to fight him, I'll have to say Dai Gu will be in trouble, probably end up dead (even though I really like this Emperor guy).

Christine V should be weaker than Dai Gu, but the author's favouritism might come in play :D and kill Krakenbeal. :evil:
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)