AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH !!!

Trades, Sales and Exchanges of FSS Items

Moderator: kosh

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:43 pm

I just noticed Discountanimedvd.com has alot of FSS Manga on sale, most of them are only $6.74 and the others are maybe a buck more, shippings probably a killer though, but I don't know, it might be worth it.

anyway, Grendizer was one of my favorites growing up. they used to show it in the New England area along with Gaiking, Getter Robo, Danguard A, and Starzinger. We also got to see Yamato , Voltron, and Robotech around that time, pretty good tv schedule back in those days

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:18 pm

Falk wrote:Yup', this is this bid.
FSS books are often on ebay but not at such a cheap price. 9,98$US is the regular price, at 30$ 6 books, it was half the price, and only 20$ for shipment is half the price from amazon. Well, the store auctions 4 books this time, I buy it now, it's not as interesting as if I waited the end of the auction, but this time I don't want to miss it :p
Surface mail, mmh :? I'm not as enthusiast as you about the package, when I got SmokeWalls from HLJ (by airmail or something like that), a corner of the book was slightly damaged (really slightly, nothing wrong at all, but this proves it can easily get damaged if they don't protect it with something at each corner, which they don't :wink: ).

If you can wait, accumulate enough new rel. to make it worth the shipping.

That's what I did. I bought all Toyspress print out all in one shot. No shipping. Now I'm waiting for all the new rel. in one large load, perhaps even at a discount if it is a close down of a comic store.

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:02 pm

Damn !
I just realized by checking the amazon.ca page that my 3 FSS books, with a shipping cost of 25CDN$ (+-20US$) seem to have been shiped by SURFACE ! :shock:

That's the shipping method :
"1 colis via Canada Post Int'l Surface "
Is it surface ? I mean surface-surface ? By an old and rusted boat, at 5 miles an hour ?! :)

20US$ ?! By surface mail ?! What a rip-off !
By plane it would've been like what... 40US$ ?!

"And so ends another episode of wasting money with Falk"

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:14 pm

Damn, that really sux. Does this mean that Canada swindles just as much as the US?

Falk

Post by Falk » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:06 pm

Well, I won't create a topic just for one useless question, so I put it here^^

What's this auction if anyone can read :
http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m5316311
Is the guy selling Knightflags + a KF mousepad for 3800¥ ?
I never heard of this mousepad, is it with the book by default ?

Anyway, 3800 is great, a shame there are too much obstacles for me to bid on this :wink:

I once saw a auction on yahoo japan auction for a black mousepad with the early drawing of the Phantom in dark grey, when it still had the long horns in the shape of a scythe.

Haaa well, one day I'll fly to Japan, and then I'll find Knightflag in a local store... :wink:

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:36 pm

It's a combination of mouse pad and post cards. It came with the very first printing of the Knight Flags. Smoke Walls came with these too, if I'm not mistaken.

Falk

Post by Falk » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:22 pm

Mmh there was postcards with SmokeWalls, but no mousepad, and I think I got one of the first print as it was quickly out of stock on HLJ a few days after I ordered mine. Oh well, anyway a mousepad gets worn out when you use it so I wouldn't have used it :wink:

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:38 pm

Mmh I won't create a topic just for that :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 67953&rd=1

Nice auction, 10 FSS english books, starts at 15$ :shock: , ships only within the US.

TSP

Post by TSP » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:09 am

If you missed some Issues I could look at my local comicstore . The last time I walked by they had Vol.1-21 completed. I used to fill up the gaps in my collection there. There ain't many FSS-fans nearby. The only problem is the price. They charge 12,-€each issue for non-subscribers.