Chinese Knight Flags Delayed

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Rubel Colus

Chinese Knight Flags Delayed

Post by Rubel Colus » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:40 pm

:x KF got delayed again...

http://www.spp.com.tw/asp/comic2004/hs_ ... ws_key=469

not surprised actually. they delayed the printing of ch vol 11 for one whole year (or was it more?), now KF is delayed till end of Oct. Cited that they want to improve the print quality... Worse thing is they already charged to my Credit card. :evil:

Is there anyone here who ordered the CH KF? :|

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:55 am

Dude, thats gotta suck, but at least you get a translation of it. We here in North America gotta wait and see if the info will come out with the translation of Volume 11 into english...and then its only a big maybe.
Shinei!

zchen

Post by zchen » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:37 am

yesasia.com emailed me and said the ship date is now 11/28/04...ha

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:14 am

zchen wrote:yesasia.com emailed me and said the ship date is now 11/28/04...ha
grrrr... according to that official website above, it says publishing end Oct. hope they dont delay again and again. :evil:

So did yesasia charge the bill to you yet?

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:29 pm

更加精美完善
Nice try. Why do they always say that when something is late? So tacky.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:24 pm

:shock: oooo You know chinese? :P

Or did u use a translator?

Anyway, some fans who ordered the book was saying that the publisher should have planned better before announcing the date. Issues such as print quality, etc should have been taken care of, why did they fix a date if they are not confident of achieving it? They have been in this line for a long time and this is not a good excuse. Talk about being professional. Furthermore, they have already received our pre-order payment, is this considered a breach of contract? :x

I suspect Nagano might have been unhappy about the quality, and rejected the publishers. It is well-known that he's very particular about quality. Still, it's no excuse for a delay, all the prep work, quality checks, etc should have been done before allowing for pre-order and taking payments. :x Not forgeting that the translation was completed long time ago. :evil:

P.S > SPP didnt even bother to inform us directly. I only got to know it coz someone posted about it in a message board...

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:31 pm

I don't believe Nagano is involved. SP translated all 11 Vol. of FSS manga, Nagano didn't get a penny.

I'm +ve SP just dup. the book w/o his permission. You can easily tell by the printout quality. It's a dup. of a regular Japanese ver. printout that you buy from the st.

So I seriously doubt KF is w/ Nagano permission. If so, Nagano would have ask for money of those 11 vol.

SP done the above for a lot of books, I know, as I bought some of them.

As to order it, I can't order it. They keep asking for a SIN no., so I email them. And there is no reply.

Anyhow, here's my guess: They didn't gather Enough Order. So they are waiting for more order to do the print.

One more thing, they really should show the English name of ea. MH right next to the Chinese trans. name. As I can't make heads or tail when they trans. the Chinese name. I can't correspond them back to the Eng. name. So I don't know which MH they are talking about. This happened thru out the whole 11 vol. of FSS Manga (Chinese ver.)

I don't think they would do it, and too bad.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:32 am

Actually, the Chinese Ver published by SPP is the LEGAL version. Many years ago, SPP printed FSS illegally upto Vol 5 i think, and also 3 bootleg Characters/Chronicle books (combined books upto Characters 7, very hot items now ;) ); but those were the past. I only have Book 2 haizz :|

Now SPP is the legal Taiwanese publisher for FSS in Chinese. KF is also the legal version with permission from Toyspress. I am aware that there is a illegal version Vol 11 printed in China. There were also rumors that Toyspress(?) might be taking over the printing of Chinese version.

Maybe you're right about the insufficient order, but the Chinese KF seems to be a very hot item - this is a limited printing of 2000 copies worldwide, and they announced that they got 1500 copies pre-ordered within the first few weeks. I think this is a good chance for you, maybe you will be able to make your KF order during the delay. If I remembered correctly, SIN no for foreigner is the passport number, if it didnt work, why dont you try re-registering?

As for the Chinese names, I gotta agree with you. :D My Chinese isnt that great, and its not only the MH names, I have problem relating to character names too :| I often have to remember the design or face in order to recognise them, and sometimes have to flip back and forth to check. :D

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:23 am

Lastest news from Fatima Garden -

Somebody emailed SPP about the delay and SPP's replied that they are having problems making the container box for the book. SPP says they wanted to make a similar container as the Japanese version, and it is 'complicated' :shock: :roll:

Some guys are thinking of sueing SPP :shock:

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:59 pm

Rubel Colus wrote:Actually, the Chinese Ver published by SPP is the LEGAL version. Many years ago, SPP printed FSS illegally upto Vol 5 i think, and also 3 bootleg Characters/Chronicle books (combined books upto Characters 7, very hot items now ;) ); but those were the past. I only have Book 2 haizz :|

Now SPP is the legal Taiwanese publisher for FSS in Chinese. KF is also the legal version with permission from Toyspress. I am aware that there is a illegal version Vol 11 printed in China. There were also rumors that Toyspress(?) might be taking over the printing of Chinese version.
I don't care if SP's copy is legal or not. But I'm surprised that they make it legal and get thru to Nagano. How can you be so sure that it is legal anyway?

Also, exactly step by step, how did you order your copy? What did you key in under SIN?

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:48 am

SIN for foreigners can either be your local SSN or ID number, OR you can enter the last 10 digits of your passport number.

For me, my local ssn consists of 7 digits and 1 alphabet. I guess you can enter any number (not more than 10 digits) and this number will become your login ID.

If you still have problem, why not try zchen's method? He orders from yesasia.com
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:54 am

Lastest announcement from SPP -

For those who pre-ordered Ch KF before 31 Aug will get 1 set of postcards of One Piece (& another comic title). :D :roll:

Pathetic attempt to please the angry customers. At least they seem more sincere now...

And now the shipping date is pushed back to Nov. :roll:

LOL...
Looking for:

zchen

Post by zchen » Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:46 am

lucky for me, yesasia has yet to charge my credit card.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:02 pm

I can't find it. I try a no. of different search. I can't see how that their search engine can search chinese title in any case. I search under 五星物語設定集 and under 五星物語 at yesasia, nothing.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:39 pm

I used english text 'Five Star' for the search.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/p ... ersion-hk/

However, it seems like both SPP and yesasia are not accepting pre-order, so now your best bet is to either email them directly, or to sign up at yesasia. :(
Looking for: