What's happening at GEARS

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gears Projects

Post by Tachyon » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:03 pm

http://www.gearsonline.net/

The new search box is in the upper righthand corner. Try it out and let me know if there are any problems.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:40 pm

The search box has been added to the upper right corner of most pages throughout the site. Breadcrumb navigation has been added to the pages that have to do with content (anime titles, etc.). My renovation project has made some good progress. I hope you are able to get some benefit from the new navigation/search aids. Let me know if anything looks wrong.

Next, I'll be taking some time to make a new jQuery navigation menu to go at the top of each page on the site. This will replace the current nav menu that goes down the left side of pages. I hope it will be a good improvement (and that it won't take too long to develop).

After the new navigation menu is in place, the site will be ready for a makeover. I still don't have a graphic designer for the job but I'm not giving up hope. If you know of any good ones, let me know.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:07 am

I haven't been doing much for Gears Online lately because I've been working on a problem with the search box. The search box now on pages of Gears Online linked to a Google custom search that has been yanked. The new Google search is basically crap. I don't think I can use it. The Google company has allowed themselves to become a very different company than they used to be.

I'm going to need to get the search box working before I can develop the new navigation menu. I'm hoping I can find a PHP solution that won't cost me.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:13 pm

I've got the search boxes on Gears pages working again. I wrote custom code to knock out Google's advertisements. The current search results are good enough for now. Now I'm going to try to find time to write the new navigation menu.