Heavenly being in Eng vol. 13

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

CrusherJ

Heavenly being in Eng vol. 13

Post by CrusherJ » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:29 pm

Started rereading my FSS issues and have a question. On page 86 of Eng vol. 13, there's a picture of some godlike being that's female with four torso's attached to a single lower body. It interfered when Lachesis was fighting Schaft and Zoom and basically scared everyone there. I'm just wondering what it was as I couldn't find an explanation of it in the book or on Gears?

Rubel Colus

Re: Heavenly being in Eng vol. 13

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:05 am

IIRC the character was listed as 千手観音 (Thousand Armed Goddess of Mercy) in Chronicle 2005/2007, although I've never seen the Buddhist/Taoist goddess being drawn this way.... Perhaps the Japanese's impression of her is like this, or it's purely Nagano's creativity at work.

There wasn't any clear explanation of that being in FSS world... I think it came through the "Dimension Corridor/Wormhole"(?) due to LC being unable to control it properly. Beings from the other dimension shouldn't be allowed in this dimension, yet LC is trying to drop Schaft and Zoom there... (which is why such godly powers should never be used!! - IMO it upsets the balance of the dimensions/universe). Amat did it once before... to Vos... :?
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

CrusherJ

Re: Heavenly being in Eng vol. 13

Post by CrusherJ » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:05 pm

I see, that makes sense; Lachesis didn't fully comprehend what she was doing and this goddess from another dimension pops in. So, Lachesis has all of Amat's powers just isn't experienced in using them? Does that mean Clotho has similar or superior abilities? Wasn't she made in part to take down Amat and Lachesis if need be? Thanks Rubel Colus!