Christine V

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

CrusherJ

Christine V

Post by CrusherJ » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:19 pm

Does anyone know what's going on with Christine in Books 11 and 12? She appears to have an emotional breakdown during the battle in Book 11 then get's herself back together at the end of Book 12. Does it have something to do with with her being a cursed chevalier? Man it's times like this I wish I could read Japanese! Also, who is Hetsai and the woman looking after that new dragon nymph?

Thanks!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Christine V

Post by Tachyon » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:26 am

I wouldn't mind hearing about that either. I have the manga volumes in Japanese but there's so much I'm not catching.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:56 pm

Yes Christine was having an emotional breakdown. That was her first time in a battlefield and she was reminded of what she did as a child - and she didn't want to kill people anymore. Yet because of her pardon, if she's not willing to fight for her country as a headdliner and resigns from her Highlander title, she will be executed for the murder she committed as a child.

The black cross earrings were originally a gift from Ena's husband (Dai Gu's grandfather), and when Ena passed them to Dai Gu, she told him to give it to his queen. So Ena explained that for Dai Gu to pass it to Christine meant something more than mere encouragement. Ena told Christine that even though Dai Gu and Chris could never blossom, she wanted Christine to fight on for the sake of Dai Gu. At the end of book 12, Christine was determined to do anything for Dai Gu, everybody around her including Konig could sense that she was much more powerful and determined, and were very surprised in the sudden change in her.

Hetsai is a very strong but old Fillmore headdliner. He was a Lesser Ten-i (during Viewlard's flashback in vol 9) and later promoted to Strong Ten-i (Ten-i = titles given to the elite and strongest of the headdliners). Due to old age, he gave up the title and it is currently held by Jacko. He is now Commander of the Fillmore headliners holding the highest position of all fillmore knights, and advises the emperor Dai Gu. Hetsai is also a master at forging swords, Dupre's sword is one of his works.

The woman who is with the new dragon nymph is Funfuto, she was originally the Atoll Empress before Mugumika, but because she had an affair with Piano Melody (Atoll Empresses are supposed to be virgins), she lost her powers and she was exiled. She is the mother of Sakurako the young fatima meight. This affair also caused the downfall of the Colus-Melody House. After Mugumika sacrificed herself to summon Nein (the Empress of Flame), the Dragons decided to temporarily restore Funfuto as the Atoll Empress, and she regains her powers.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

CrusherJ

Post by CrusherJ » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:54 am

Rubel Colus saves the day! Thanks for the insight, you answered everything I asked and then some! I was wondering since I first read about Sakurako in Jhon's story who her mom was and what she had done. Thanks for explaining about the earrings too. I could tell they played some role, but obviously since I can't read Japanese, couldn't tell exactly how they fit.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:40 pm

whoah, I didn't know Funfuto got her powers back after Megumika died!

Learn something new every day!
Shinei!