Just curious...why is this forum dead now?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Paltenon

Just curious...why is this forum dead now?

Post by Paltenon » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 am

Where did all the FSS fans go? There are nearly one thousand topics related to FSS on here, but they've stopped. No one's interested in scanlating Vol. 11 & 12, either.

Did everyone who likes FSS suddenly die? Am...am I NEXT? :shock:

Did Mamoru Nagano also cease to be? Gothicmade seems to be a myth known only to me. It's a very bleak and lonely experience being a Mamoru Nagano fan.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Just curious...why is this forum dead now?

Post by Tachyon » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:39 pm

I understand what you're going through. Things have been too quiet around here. I'm hoping things can pick up soon.

On the plus side, people still visit the FSS pages that are a part of Gears Online. I get Emails from people occasionally telling me about how they "discovered" FSS on Gears Online.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

GON

Post by GON » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:13 am

No, Mamoru Nagano's fans are NOT dead.
Only almost dead to have to wait for any little news about Nagano's work.
I bought all the available FSS Designs. But this is not enough : I want more FFS story, or at least some Gothicmade !
Without that, how can we talk about something that doesn't exist yet ?
I come regularly on this site.
The fans are here. They're waiting, in the shadow... ; )

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:11 am

I'm currently reading the series again. It's been so long since the last time I don't even remember the text.

I've also been building out of my stockpile as well. I just got the 1/32 nd scale LED Mirage bust in primer and the armor is painted in pearl coat. I'm simultaneously painting my 1/35th scale Knight of Gold as well.

I think it has more to do with Mamoru abandoning FSS for so long.

Rigmor

Post by Rigmor » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:14 pm

Many years ago (1991) I perused a then new copy of Animag #12 which had an intriguing FSS article, to say the least. Ever since then I've been somewhat mythologizing FSS in my imagination fed with occasional searches on the internet and such. Very casual. Now I'm married, have a dubious career, some kids AND a mini-van. Found myself with a bit of extra left over so finally bought the first 3 Toypress volumes.

Good grief! I've gobbled up another 11 volumes in the last 10 days! Now I'm searching for the rest - not daily but like every four hours! After a 20 year hiatus I'm thinking of building models again - Junchoon you're but one Christmas away! My occasional paintings (super-amateurish dabbling) all have figures with extra slender-long legs now. ARGH!! I'm hooked!

Now I find this site and find the forum dead. Say it ain't so!

The forum might be dormant but FSS is alive and burning in me!

Rigmor

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:33 am

We still check in. We still read. If you have any questions or want to discuss anything, just say.

Have you looked through the three FSS Designs books yet?

Rigmor

Post by Rigmor » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:36 pm

Hi Tachyon,
ave you looked through the three FSS Designs books yet?
I have not. I'm just starting a read of issue #10. I was hoping to get all the Toypress issues but it appears that #s 13 through 26 are quite rare and/or expensive. Why is this? Limited print run? It goes counter to most publications where older issues are scarcer. I have 17 and 26 but it will probably take me some time and investment to get the rest.

I am intrigued by these design volumes however. I'm assuming these are artwork books in Japanese?

Thank you for the forum by the way, it's nice to share the addiction. :D

Rigmor

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:37 am

The English translation of the FSS manga had very limited print runs. I'm fortunate that I bought up the issues before it became really rare.

FSS Designs are art books with Japanese text, yes.