Video Screen Capture?

What's on your mind?

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Screen Capture?

Post by Tachyon » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:09 pm

I was working with my Zoom Player that is a part of the CCCP codec this morning to try and take a screen capture from an anime show I downloaded. How does one do a screen capture? Doing a standard screen capture doesn't work. I read the Zoom Player documentation and it said Alt + F is the command for a screen capture. However, that method gives me a screen capture only of the first frame of the video, not the frame I'm currently looking at.

Does anyone know how to do this? There must be a way. I see anime blogs showing screen captures (complete with subtitles) all the time.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Video Screen Capture?

Post by Tachyon » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:49 pm

I tried to get around the issue by downloading Media Player Classic. It has a command for screen capture. However, it gives me an error message and doesn't take any screen captures. Any help would be appreciated.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Video Screen Capture?

Post by Tachyon » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:19 pm

Ok, solved this one. In case anyone is having the same problem, for the Zoom Player, right click on the frame and select Options/Setup. Next, under Playback select Audio/Video. In Video Renderer, switch from the default Overlay Mixer to VMR7. After that you can do standard screen caps while watching or pausing a video.