Were do you get them?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:05 pm

Mortified wrote:I just thought I would let everyone know, kinokuniya still has the following for sale:

Volumes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 18, 24, 25, 26.

Not bad if your just starting out like I am. Also if you do contact them, the Los Angeles store/office was the only one that returned my e-mail. So take that as you will. Later.
The Los Angeles store was where I always bought mine from. In fact, the guy that brokered the deal between Kinokuniya and Toyspress for the English version of FSS works at the L.A. store. When I lived in L.A. I would go directly to him to find out when the next batch was coming in.
Shinei!

Mortified

Post by Mortified » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:59 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote: The Los Angeles store was where I always bought mine from. In fact, the guy that brokered the deal between Kinokuniya and Toyspress for the English version of FSS works at the L.A. store. When I lived in L.A. I would go directly to him to find out when the next batch was coming in.
I dealt with a guy named Akira the whole time and he was really helpful, even called my house just to make sure the total and everything was ok before charging my card. Great service.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:38 am

hmm, may i know if the *current* ones you guys can get from kinokuniya are stapled bound or square bound?

they used to bring only the stapled bound only right? since the square bound are by diamond?
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

machine mess

Re: Were do you get them?

Post by machine mess » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:03 pm

Hey y'all,

I was just in Seattle last week and when I visited the Kinokuniya store there I saw that they had about 15-20 issues of the English Translated FSS. Some square bound, some stapled. I didn't note all the issue numbers, but if anyone is searching for these here's the shop info:

525 S Weller St
Seattle, WA 98104
(206) 587-2477

The FSS stuff is not shelved with the manga, but rather with their anime art books (the "oversized" thing I guess).

If you call and ask I'm sure they'd be happy to help you find what you need, and ship them to you.

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:35 pm

I think I might love you.

machine mess

Post by machine mess » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:15 pm

It's nice to be loved.

I hope the Seattle store can hook you up.

If I didn't already have a hefty FSS collection, I would have wet myself in that store.

As it was I got myself a lovely Eureka Seven model and character design sketch book.

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:54 pm

I tried emailing them, and it turns out they don't have the two I'm looking for. I'm gonna email all the others in the US though, 'cause I'm getting pretty desprate. For some reason, #16 and #17 are a complete bitch to find.

machine mess

Post by machine mess » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:39 pm

Dang.

Sorry to hear that. I hope they'll turn up at one of the other stores.

Nezu Chiza

Post by Nezu Chiza » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:21 pm

Neeyahaha wrote:I tried emailing them, and it turns out they don't have the two I'm looking for. I'm gonna email all the others in the US though, 'cause I'm getting pretty desprate. For some reason, #16 and #17 are a complete bitch to find.
I feel your pain, 16 is the only one I need to complete my English set, and either it's unavailable everywhere, or people try and charge insane prices.

theultimatebrucelee

Post by theultimatebrucelee » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:37 am

I want to send them a email too, would you please post their email address? I really would like to know what issues they still have for sell right now, Thanks ALOT!!!!

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:44 pm

http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/indexohb.cgi?AREA=03

The bottom of the page has a list of all (I think) the American Kinokuniya stores.