Volume 11 Manga Scanlation

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Volume 11 Manga Scanlation

Post by Tachyon » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:39 pm

I've got a translation from Chinese to English for a section of the volume 11 manga and scans for the Japanese manga volume.

Questions:
:arrow: Is there any way the translation could be divided up into pages? It all sort of runs together and it would make things tough to match up lines with word balloons

:arrow: Should this translation be used or should we wait for an improved one?

:arrow: Are there any volunteers for matching up translated text with word balloons?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Hel

Post by Hel » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:16 pm

Hy! so for the question ...

#1 - Its feasible but sometime you must erase or add a baloon ><
#2 - It depends is it as good as the Hugtrang translation that's here on the board ?
#3 - I got around 2 month of almost spare time before i got back to work, so yes i could edit some of those page for everyone :D

If people are interested i could do it just ask :D (and ill need that translation)

dollyvita

Post by dollyvita » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:57 am

Please Please!! I have only read (en) Vols. 1-3. I have most of the japanese volumes but my basic japanese is only good enough to be able to read the katakana. Ususally I'm contented to admire the lovelly artwork (and being a girl all those lovelly costumes, needless to say that my favourite MH is the pink one!) but now I may actully be able to read it! Please guys, i think this is a cool idea.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:10 pm

dollyvita wrote:Please Please!! I have only read (en) Vols. 1-3. I have most of the japanese volumes but my basic japanese is only good enough to be able to read the katakana. Ususally I'm contented to admire the lovelly artwork (and being a girl all those lovelly costumes, needless to say that my favourite MH is the pink one!) but now I may actully be able to read it! Please guys, i think this is a cool idea.
I think this answers our questions on whether or not we should. There has to be dozens (if not hundreds) of non-japanese speakers/readers like her that want this.

Do it for the Otaku!
Shinei!

Hel

Post by Hel » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:35 pm

Yes the Luminous Mirage is nice >< and yes im alredy at page 20 (on 60 translated) in editing the vol.11 of FSS in english thanks to some people :D

(and so for the moment the editing of Prima Class Hugtrang is on stanby)

Euhsung

Post by Euhsung » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:12 pm

Hel, by any chance might you be that aaa guy on the 4chan FSS thread?

Thanks for providing your time to edit it by the way, really looking forward to how it turns out, and hopefully the translation that was provided is good enough.

Hel

Post by Hel » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:08 am

yes, im aaa on the 4 chan FSS thread. And hy to you dollyvita !

The translation is pretty good ! (for 20 page i only found 1 spelling "error" and 1 gramar error, but there could be more since english is not my main language.)

If everything goes ok, FSS 11 (up to page 60) should be finish by around halloween (i love that day :D) and then i go back to finishing P.C.H.

ho! by the way, i got this -
Translator’s special: The Witches of Hathuha (lifted out of Knight Flags)
- from the same guy that done the transaltion of FSS page 1-60 (and more if he keep up :) but as long as a translation come for FSS11-12 ill edit them)

and on a final note tonigh, a website with some FSS drawing that i hope isin't alredy posted here it's - http://www5.plala.or.jp/SW/index.html

Hel

Post by Hel » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:49 am

So after a bit of "insomnia" her comes FSS vol. 11 in English for the pages 0 to 73. (a big thanks! To the guy that done the translation i was using)

As for the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z3OJ9S7N

plz people keep me informed if i have done a gramatical error or something like that and if you found some more transaltion for book 11-12 (except P.C.H.)

Have a good night :)

Professor Desty Nova

Post by Professor Desty Nova » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:03 pm

Thanks for your work :)

Just three things:
1-On page 58, third pannel, what word is before "your engines"? (what is the complete sentence?)
2-I guess you didn't have the translation for the top right pannel in page 64...
3-Where is page 70?
Professor Desty Nova
Researching Karma the Hard Way!

Hel

Post by Hel » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:19 pm

thanks for finding the those error Professor Desty Nova :)

1- I forgot the "L" of "Let"
2- I really don't know what i was thinking when i did this page, it's now corrected :D
3- Page didin't follow (it's my fault, gomen)

So here is the new verion (ps it's book 27 since it almost got 80 page):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S45W65RF

Falk

Post by Falk » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:46 pm

Indeed, thanks Hel, and the mysterious translator as well.

There are a few typos, but nothing that will stop an avid FSS fan from reading. I'd suggest to use a corrector anyway, it should spot a bunch of them (for instance, there's a "dosen't" instead of "don't" I think p18).

Even better would be to have someone (English native) check the translations before you edit the pages.

Sometimes I had a bit of trouble understanding what was going on exactly (all the different armies attacking), but I don't know if it's because of Nagano's style of narration, translation inconcistencies or my own misunderstanding. As long as I get the whole picture, it's ok^^.

But I won't be too picky^^
(What is that "miracle" ? Giving a little bit of help - unnoticed - to kick Bosjathforst into the warp once and for all 45 years after he started the mess ?)

errol

Post by errol » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:03 am

I could proof read.

I found a few errors as well. I was saving them for when i was done reading for a PM.

Hel

Post by Hel » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:24 am

Ok, Falk sorry for the error and if Errol could point them out il correct them (just PM me the error and il correct them asp, and for futur editing il ask for a native english speaker to proof read :D since im french sooo ><)

The "Miracle" could be seen as a wish or a hope i ad let it in his orignal contex (but as the stories goes it's more like there is a flaw of 44 minute in "god" knowleadge of event so if you take less that 45 minute then he will never know, just my guess)

And as for the different army yes there's a lot of them:
2 Atoll division plus a back-up,
the black knigh with is guard + is back guard.
there's mojo & co that coming to,
The emperor with minister Peidoll,
Sopp is there in "reconnaisance",
At the page 71 the Filmore join in the fun...
And in between you got Max in "the second world" and Kaien I got your daughter that if book 13 come out one day well be able to comprend more :)

Euhsung

Post by Euhsung » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:11 am

Oh, Hel, I noticed that the 4chan thread is gone.
Are you planning to revive it anytime soon?
If so, maybe the mecha section would be a better place to put it (less... XXX).

By the way, excellent work. It's a pleasure seeing a translation of some sort after... 4, 5 years of waiting.

In case anyone hasn't noticed, the Awaken is the name of the Buchtgma's workhorse MH. It's the one with the spiky heads and the Bughtgma logo on the shield (a golden five point star with tangents along each point)

A few quibbles:

On page 27... the bit saying 'before the war starts...' to the end of the bubble should actually be on the next panel, and every panel after that should be shifted one until 29, where Arr's dialogue should be "Colus... Engage"; her dialogue in this version is the other panel. Collet's dialogue should start with "everyone is on..." and end with "into the fray." Otherwise, it just wouldn't make sense.

On page 31, what is Auxo referring to when she says "or you don't want to...' Judging by context, there should be another line before that.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:05 am

ok i'd add in what i noticed:

pg 49 to pg 50 - missing a line about the twins Magdal and Depre iirc.

pg 14 - Star King of Farndom instead of 'Queen'. This title is probably referring to MAX and he is male despite what you think he looks like :twisted: ;)

overall i think Hel has done a great job putting the text into the bubbles. Thanks.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)