F.S.S. Designs III

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

parasyte

F.S.S. Designs III

Post by parasyte » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:43 pm

so finally we know what L.E.D stands for
Leading Earthboth Dominion

but does anyone know what is it supposed to mean?

lastly
end of Design III mention about Designs 4 covering LAAN(聖宮ラーン)
anyone have more info on this?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:19 pm

I haven't seen any info on Designs III yet. This is the first post I've seen so far.

What does it have in it?
Shinei!

Euhsung

Post by Euhsung » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:10 am

Ahh... An easy one for a change.
It means that LED is the leader of the dominion of Both (their Earth).
It's Engrish, of cos, but what do you expect?

The holy palace was included in book 4 b/c it had details that would impact the storyline later; content-wise, it simply fit more in D4.
I think that the length of D3 is also a factor... -_-

BTW, what's the new Dragon nymph? The Earth dragon?

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:49 am

D3 Bootleg alert~ :!:

yes... that fast!

parasyte > what info? there ain't much on Laan at the moment.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Falk

Post by Falk » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:54 pm

Yo guys,

Was FSS Designs 3 kinda uh... not so interesting ?
Or did I miss any report of the content ? (except Rubel report when he hadn't the book yet, but he said not much for the MH fan :? )
I skipped this one.

(Also it's available on HLJ).

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:03 am

The Designs series IMO doesn't seem to put too much emphasis on MHs, Designs 2 had a section on MH internals but that was really content from SmokeWalls. Designs 3 surprisingly gives us one new MH picture of Barunja (compared to none from d1 and d2). So far, D3 has the most number of new pictures (37, although i think i counted 36) and pages.

IMO, the designs series is a must get for FSS fans. Especially for those who don't own any previous FSS art books, these Designs books are ideal because of the sheer amount of pictures in them so even if you don't know japanese IMO u will still enjoy looking at them. :P If you know japanese, then all the more reason to get the books. Lots of background info.

Some new info from D3:
- There's an elaborate background regarding the Fillmore Empire, including its history from way back in the AD8000s to present, the various nations/'units' combining and then splitting into East and West, and combine once again. Kulbakan, Bakin Rakann and parts of Hathuha were part of Fillmore that broke away. Explanation of its various satellite families, throne succession etc.

- Planet Kallamity is unstable mainly because of the damage done by the Super Empire when it destroyed its old city. There's a gigantic hole/crater in the seas of Kallamity that can be seen from the map. With Stant passing by every 1500 or so years, the planet gets even more unstable. The various Kallamity nations are trying to get more land on other planets to prepare for migration, this hidden agenda is the reason why countries such as Fillmore, Kulbakan and Jasturk (sp) gets involved in the Magic War on Hathuha.

- Dr Sty "LDI" Warner the MH meight designer of MHs such as Feedora, Bang Doll and the Boorey T- series. She is really a product of the Super Empire and said to be over 4000years old. She will become Mirage Knight Left #18 codenamed "Speck". LDI is searching for a Super Empire remnant codenamed 'Showme' (still not explained in detail atm), and she seems to be assist/involved together with Dr Morard when part of Showme is assimilated into Tower.

- Bang Doll was created during the early JC timeline, and later refitted with Fatima controls.

- Boorey T-233 is built up by another MH meight (name i forgot :P). It is based on Feedora frame, as are Gamattssiant's MH Rubicon and Rosso's MH Zeit. Boorey T-232 'Sputnik' was the version that was involved with the Colus Hagooda war.

- Dr Browning Raid designed the Original Empress which was later heavily refitted/modified by Zebee Corter into the MH Empress Flame (w/fatima controls). In the far future, Magdall gives it to Amaterasu when he leaves the Joker Cluster, and it will be refitted into Goat Mirage for the Super Human Tower's use.

- Demilights are truely androids: robots but made with organic flesh on the outside, so they are unlike Fatima which are flesh and blood.

- Beauty Pale is a direct descendant of the Super Empire, and she has such great diver powers even Amaterasu's Para Guild divers avoid facing her. However, the Para Guild has the numbers on her. Pale has offensive diver powers, para simul, and even the lost art of alchemy which she used to create Mel Zoom! Pale was also the first to notice the sudden change in Di Barrow (which turned out to be possessed by Bos) and got into an alliance with him. She inherits not only the diver abilities but also some super empire technologies, which she used to create the drugs 'Diver Acid' that are sold in Kastenpo. Pale is older than she looks.

- J.C.3045, Union of Hathuha breaks up, whatever remains of that is now called Union of Minogousia (<-- which is the name of the continent). Landward Spaccorn now leads the A'p Knights' Swans.

- Sanjo was born into one of the space nomad families (which were somewhat like 2nd class people in Joker), but because of her knight abilities, she went to Military school and was headhunted by Hathuha's Larn Knights. However, she rejected them and joined the Jota Space Knights instead and now is in charge (Jackos is leader in name, but would anyone trust him lol...). Sanjo is very strong as a knight too, at the level of Jabo. At the end of the Magic Wars, Sanjo witnesses a "power that does not belong to this world".

- During the Majestic Stand, Earth Dragon also becomes a youngling named Hua-Lu. So only 2 dragons: Thunder and Feather/Gold are in their evolved stage.

- Looking at Both's map, the weird looking feature of Gamattssiant (east of Mejojo) is the result of the Earth Dragon's blast. :shock:
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Vincent Valentine

Post by Vincent Valentine » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:13 am

That's so much info. Thank you, Rubel!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:22 am

I finally got my copy of FSS Designs III today. Only one new mortar headd but it's a great image. I think it's one of the mortar headds from volume 1. Also, it's worth noting that some of the old mortar headd images that are reprinted are rare ones that haven't been seen by a good number of FSS fans.

Lots of new character art. A good number of new Est images. My, she's popular, isn't she? Really nice images. I can't wait to start a scanning project on it.

Now, if only I could read the Japanese text...
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:50 pm

How about the MH's that do appear in the book? I know there aren't any new images, but how about new information? Like the Height and Weight statistics for the Neptune and Prominence perhaps...
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:00 pm

Always on the ball, that Nu Soard. I'll take a look at the book when I get home.

Also, I ordered an external hard drive that I will use to back up my computer. I intend to wipe the hard drive and re-install in order to eliminate my Web connection problem.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:34 pm

Height and weight are given for several Fillmore mortar headds.

Vincent Valentine

Post by Vincent Valentine » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:54 pm

Tachyon wrote:Height and weight are given for several Fillmore mortar headds.
Ha ha. I suppose that will tell us how grotesquely large our 1/100 MH kits are these days. ^_^

Could you post those stats: pretty please?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:41 pm

I second that. Stats are desired.
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:01 pm

Ok. Sorry, everyone, for being so slow. My wife's college semester is coming to a close this week so I should be more free for a few weeks. Working full time, taking care of my boys and (heavily) correcting all my wife's assignments takes all my time.

I'll try to post some info tonight.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:16 am

Many apologies for the late post. Below is the information I got out of The Book of Est -- I mean, FSS Designs 3. I pretty much typed it out "as is" and took their spellings and names for mortar headds. I'm not pushing any particular spelling and if the stats conflict with stats published in the past, please don't get upset with me.

Here goes:
Siren A
pg. 54
height 19 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 155 tons

Arcana Siren
pg. 55
height 17 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 189 tons

Siren F
pg. 56
height 17.8 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 135 tons

Siren R
pg. 57
height 16.5 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 141 tons

Prominence
pg. 23
height 18.5 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 135 tons

V Siren
pg. 25
height 18.3 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 121 tons

Phantom
pg. 35
height 15.4 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 150 tons

Empress of Disturb / Goat Mirage
pg. 63
height 22.8 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 125 tons

Bang Doll
pg. 76
height 15.3 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 138 tons

Groon
pg. 84
height 17.5 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 125 tons

Helmine (Herrmeine)
pg. 88
height 19.8 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 201 tons

Ba Rouncha
pg. 92
height 15.2 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 148 tons

Fedorra (Zeit)
pg. 93
height 15.8 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 172 tons

Ao-Kishi (Blue Cavalry)
pg. 97
height 15.2 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 160 tons

De Vonsha
pg. 99
height 18.7 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 140 tons

Hydra Mirage Suioumaru
pg. 113
height 17.1 meters (not counting the horns)

Booray T-232 Sputnik
pg. 125
height 19.5 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 198 tons

Booray T-233 Boctok
height 18.2 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 168 tons

A-Toll BS Swans
pg. 147
height 18.5 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 156 tons

A-Toll ESSQ Scritti
pg. 157
height 16.4 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 144 tons

Batsh the Black Knight
pg. 174
height 18.9 meters

Gust Temple
pg. 177
height 17.8 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 133 tons

Zakker
pg. 184
height 16.9 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 145 tons

Flanberge Temple
pg. 189
height 16.5 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 148 tons

Ashra Temple
pg. 190
height 16.5 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 166 tons

Ashra Temple
pg. 191
height 16.5 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 152 tons

K.A.N. beta version (test)
Kanare Cord Aria Nine Beta Version
pg. 198
height 16.5 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 129 tons

K.A.N. First Stage
pg. 199
height 16.5 meters
empty weight/unloaded weight 141 tons