The strongest headdliners

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

CrusherJ

The strongest headdliners

Post by CrusherJ » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:35 am

I see alot of people asking how the mortar headds would be ranked from strongest on down and that's been a very informative read so I'm wondering how the headdliners would be ranked? I'm assuming MAXIMUM would be at the top of the list, but where would everyone else fall after him? Is Kaien really stronger Fogner? Where does Amaterasu fall? Thanks for the help!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:11 am

http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/other/powerbalance.jpg

Follow the link above and that will answer a lot of your questions.

However, its not a particulary detailed listing and there is some bit of explaination involved.

We can rule out Amaterasu completely. He's a deity and thus, not human at all, so he can't be on the list.

F.U. Rognar is human...or at least he was at one time. Not exactly sure anymore. In anycase, he is absolutely without a doubt the strongest "headdliner" in the story. Period. Kaien can't touch him. Maximum can't touch him. Super Empire Chivalries can't touch him. He's the baddest mo-fo in the Universe.

After Rognar would be Maximum. Maximum is far stronger than any other headdliner in history, including the top Kensei Knights of the Super Empire like Skinzu and Prominence. He is essentially unstoppable. Only the Empress of Flame; Nein is his match and F.U. Rognar his superior.

After Max would be Super Empire sword saints. Then Super Empire knights, then Kaien and Nekkandrah Svas (after having his strength limited) then the modern era Joker Sword saints.

as far as "normal" headdliners are concerned, the Sword Saints represent the best of the best. Headdliners like Deimos Hierarchy, Ena dai gu Phillmore, Alcten Sayaste and Harricone Melody are at the top of the chart. After that resides the "Heaven Position" Knights. These are knights who have been given the tittle of Teni in recognition of their supreme skill and ability. Bear in mind however that in general, ther are many knights strong enough to bear a Teni tittle who are never recognized for one reason or another, be it political, social or simply oversight. After that, the rankings get less clear. Certainly the Mirage Knights are top tier, many of whom are strong enough for a Swordmaster tittle. Other nation elite Knight Corps are also top tier including the Kneu Syltiss, the Ap Knights and the Lown Knights of Colbalken.

As far as a "top ten" list of the greatest knights, thats not so easy to compile, but I'll give it a shot.

Lets not include Rognar, Maximum, any Super Empire Knights, Kaien, Svas or Sword saints.

10: Mallory Viewlard Hierarchy/Arr Fortissimo Melody
9: Christine V/Erniuth dai gu Phillmore
8: Landwand Spaccorn
7: Krackenbeal
6: John Weinziel/Saylay Colus
5: Decors Weissmel
4: Allen Bradford
3: Depre Zen Atoll/Colus XXIII and Rubel Colus
2: Aisha Codante/Voards Viewlard
1: Jaquos Quon Hasshu

Ack, there's so many exceptional headdliners, I know I've forgotten someone. Help me out here guys.
Shinei!

CrusherJ

Post by CrusherJ » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:27 pm

Wow, thanks Nu Soard! This has been very eye opening! I figured Rognar was one of the strongest guys, but I didn't think he was stronger than a LED! This really helps put things in perspective except Lachesis being at the bottom, don't really get that unless Nagano is playing a joke on everyone. What are the Empress of Flame Guard Astarote? Are they MM's more powerful than the Yen Xing or something else entirely? The SATAN, I assume, are some type of extra dimensional demons? I need to explore the site more, thanks again for the wealth of information!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:55 pm

CrusherJ wrote:Wow, thanks Nu Soard! This has been very eye opening! I figured Rognar was one of the strongest guys, but I didn't think he was stronger than a LED! This really helps put things in perspective except Lachesis being at the bottom, don't really get that unless Nagano is playing a joke on everyone. What are the Empress of Flame Guard Astarote? Are they MM's more powerful than the Yen Xing or something else entirely? The SATAN, I assume, are some type of extra dimensional demons? I need to explore the site more, thanks again for the wealth of information!
Yep, Rognar being more powerful than even a LED Mirage was a surprise to everyone.

Lachesis being at the bottom is most definately a joke. She should be at the top of the chart in the "Infinite" scale with Amaterasu, Clotho and Atropos. Clotho and Atropos are destined to evolve into goddesses of destiny and Lachesis is destined to become one with Amaterasu and become the supreme deity of the Joker universe.

The Empress of Flame gaurd; Astatorte is some kind of alien or cybernetic(?) creature who is the personal body gaurd of the Empress of Flame. He is incredibly powerful (thus, his position on the chart) a small sample of his powers are shown in (Japanese) book 9. (English volume 21 I think)

The SATAN are indeed interdimensional "demons" of some kind or another. They are incredibly powerful, thus Joker era headdliners need to be in their MH's to fight them, and even then they are at a distinct disadvantage. It is theorized that the SATAN are the reason Amaterasu designed the LED Mirage to be so ridiculously powerful. The SATAN first show up in the "Water Dragon" section at the beginning of the Emperor Rescue Mission (English volume 13 I think)
Shinei!

CrusherJ

Post by CrusherJ » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:31 pm

Thanks for the clarification, I have one more question (atleast that I can think of right now), who lowered Nekkandrah Svas powers and why? Thanks Nu Soard!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:59 pm

CrusherJ wrote:Thanks for the clarification, I have one more question (atleast that I can think of right now), who lowered Nekkandrah Svas powers and why? Thanks Nu Soard!
The Empress of Flame did that. Ned Svas was the last of the Super Empire Chivalries to be developed, thus he was the culmination of Super Empire bio-science. Essentially he was the best Chivalry ever created. The headdliners under the employ of The Empress herself were preparing to leave the galaxy, but she ordered Svas to stay behind in order to entrust the pure headdliner blood to future generations. However she reduced his abilities in order for him to better fit in with future Joker headdliners and Svas was put into cold sleep and given to the Amaterasu family for safe keeping.

Advance time about 1500 years or so and modern era Joker headdliners have declined considerably, their genes mixing with those of normal humans to produce a much weaker headdliner sub-species. Svas was awakened in order to inject pure headdliner genes back into the gene pool. Kaien was also birthed for this purpose, so the descendants of Svas and Kaien will continue to dominate the headdliner scene for centuries to come.
Shinei!

terminus

Post by terminus » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:47 am

so Jaquos Sun Hashu is below Sword Saints? in power level? I was just wondering this since I find it odd that he pilots one of the 3 uber LEDs, along with Rognar and Maximum, both of which are far more powerful than him.

Euhsung

Post by Euhsung » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:08 am

Well, not really.

Only one sword saint can exist at any given time. However, there are headdliners that are considered worthy of the status, and acknowledged as "Knightmasters" (eg. Rogner, Neiper etc...); Jacquo's is one of them.

In addition, he also holds the title for second strongest, 強天位, which would be "Megamaster" or Mega Chevalier (SS is Hyper Chevalier).

Among the pilots for the Mighty series, he is *technically* the weakest. I don't really care; insanity is the main criterion in the selection, not strength.

-Again, checked Zukachan and corrected some facts.

If I were to define a headdliner solely by ability th handle MH (which is actually a de facto definition), I would choose Tower simply because she can drive MH by herself.

The top 3 titles are Hyper, Mega and Ipoh (little; Nagano won't randomly name positions after Malaysian regions) Chevalier. Ten-i rounds out the ordinary hierarchy, I think.

Special titles include Knightmaster, Black Knight, Needle (Magdall) Chevalier, Silver Knight, Black Knight, Holy Chevalier, Highlander, and I think I missed a few. Note that all the special titles are granted by SS, Holy Empress or Empress of Atoll (with possible exception of Silver knight, can't remember)

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:52 am

Long post - my take on the strong knights in FSS.
-----------------------------------
Rogner

Actually, Rogner is not exactly human... but he's not a deity as well, which makes him some where in-between. A special category by his own i guess. The Water Dragon story (and an extension of that in JP vol 12) suggests that he was probably King Kallamity Goderce, made at the request of the king in the Water Dragon story.

Summary of vol 12 tale of King Goderce:
After the Dragons fought off the SATAN, the wise king knew that the SATAN would come back so he requested help from the dragons. The LED dragon took "pearls" (could it be eggs?) from within the dead body of the Princess Ieatta and gave them to the old king, and the pearls were numerous so that everytime the SATAN attacked, one of the pearls would become King Goderce to join the dragons in the fight against SATAN. He continues to defend the planet Kallamity for tens of thousands of years. The last of the pearls was engulfed in flames and became the undying King Goderce, he takes control of the flames of the Orange Dragon and together with the King of Light, destroys the Planet Kallamity where he was born.

[Empress of Flames explains to Funfuto that the tales contradict with recorded history]

King Goderce is the master of dragons only when the SATAN attacks.

So my impression is that the final incarnation was given new life by cloning and that effectively gives Rogner/King Goderce infinite rebirths. Engulfed in flames hints at the daughter chip from Empress of Flame. In the Kaien Twin Swords (Mist Breaker) article, it mentioned that King Goderce was able to defeat/kill one of the SATAN overlords OPQL using one of the swords, yet in vol 12 the little Rogner (Warz Endz 5) mentioned that he was only defeated once by Overlord Tantsuminley "because he was helping Empress of Flame".
Titles

Not sure of the exact english translation given in the english version of FSS comics, but this is my take on it:
Sword Saint or Hyper Chevalier or Sword Sage (only one at any one time)
Mega Master or literally Strong Heaven Position (only one at any one time)
Hyper Master or literally Little Heaven Position (only one at any one time)
Heaven Position or Ten-i (number increases totaling close to 100 at time of Majestic Stand)

So the most powerful/strongest humans of all times are MAX and Empress of Flame. Astarote the Guard for Empress of Flame, obviously not human, is stronger than her Empress and she looks like some humanoid bug with butterfly-like wings. I *speculate* that she was one of the SATAN, judging from the looks of her feet, which also explains her position in the power balance chart.

Jackos might be Mega Master (supposedly #2 in name after the Sword Saint), but take note that in actual fact the people in the list of Sword Saints are in a totally different class of their own. All Sword Saints are very close descendants of the Super Empire Chevalier bloodlines (except Harricone), which explains the huge gap in power next to anyone else, so you simply can't compare a SS category to anyone else including the Heavenly Positions (Ten-i)!!

The Ten-i will be a category on its own, that includes Mega Master(#2), Hyper Master (#3), and other Ten-i. The #2/#3 are given to two of the better Ten-i, but of course nothing is definitive in the same sense that a better sports person might perform badly in any given day due to various reasons. Jackos is no doubt very very strong, so strong to be recognized by Kaien and Dr Neutral when he was just a kid, but to say that he is absolutely #2 is far from the truth. Notwithstanding the people in SS category (i'm absolutely sure even granny Ena can handle Jackos easily), some others could also be a match for him, esp those from pure blood or Colus line.

Now the Colus line are another rarity. The chance of a knight getting knightly offsprings is not high at all, even a close relation to pure blood does not guarantee it (e.g. even the SS Ena's son is not a knight!!). Yet somehow only the Colus bloodline continues getting headdliners without fail, all first sons of Colus are definitely very powerful knights. This is almost miraculous! This powerful line expands with House Melody, and from it, Harricone becomes the one and only non-pure blooded Sword Saint at a very young age, which suggests the extraordinary strength of the Colus bloodline. When asked about it, Chrome Ballanche says that Colus line is very special and probably descended from one of the emperors of the Group of Super Empire Emperors.

Like NSG mentioned, not all powerful knights are awarded with the Ten-i title. Some who are in the category but did not receive the title include: Aisha (her strength varies, she is immensely powerful when Amaterasu is concerned), Decors, Krakenbeal, Jabo Beat, Mission Routh (Voards Viewlard) etc. Naias Brunhilde was receiving her Ten-i title when she slashed at 3 knights who were giggling at her probably because of her clothes (gothic style?). Her title was withheld. (LMAO).

And then there are people who hold wing emblems - these are the Knight Masters. The emblems were directly awarded by a Sword Saint for recognition of being outstanding, and it seems all SS wear the emblem themselves. "Shaft" Mirage Left #2, Green Neiper, Jackos, Rogner, Madora wears the emblem on clothes, sometimes also shown on their MHs. Notice the Red and Black Phantoms have them, KOGs have them, and so on. Engage SR1 has it too because of Harricone, and it remains even though Arr now pilots it.

Lastly, there are mysterious chivalries left over from the Super Empire, not fully explained at this time. They seemed to be somewhat different from the Super Empire Chivalries, possibly manufactured as weapons by something (some organization?) called System Caligula. They (possibly) include:

L-D-I·20: possibly over 4000 years old, she can change her height at will. She's looking for the mysterious Showme during the Majestic Stand period. Later she will become Mirage Left #18 "Speck", and even in the far future due to her longevity she becomes a cook for Amaterasu in The Will during its long journey in search of Lachesis, possibly until 7777. (LOL)

B-B-A·6: Guard of Zio (Chieftain), tattooed with the Hand of Caligula and he has composite eyes like flies. Enters into a contract with Empire Cornerra. Seems like Zio has been working in the background with various groups and indirectly shaping the events in Joker Cluster.

E-V·3: She has composite eyes too, and seems to be able to morph her body into various shapes so any part of her body could become a lethal weapon. Is currently following Arr secretly and seems to be interested in the male Kaien sword she's carrying.

Ned Swans/Nekkandora Swans

Ned was the culmination of Super Empire bio-science, said to be the strongest of the Chivalries. In 5000 A.D, the Empress of Flame left for Stant with many of her top Chivalries, baby Ned was left behind. He was in stasis until awoken by the Sun King (Fillmore king?) in AD8383 (events in JP Vol 9). After the events, the Empress of Flame removed the mind control on Ned (all super empire chivalries had mind control and were subject to many of the Group of Emperors who were Divers themselves, one of the four main diver powers called Hi-Brain is for this purpose), and Ned was given to Ladios Focuslight (the first Amaterasu Empress) for safe-keeping. Again he was put in stasis until around JC2200 where he was renamed Nekkandora.

Because his blood is too pure to get any offspring, the Atoll Empress of that time, with the help of Lithium Balance, managed to weaken Nekkandora. The first line of Pure Blood comes from him, and he is the first Sword Saint in the JC era. His blood is also used as the basis to create the very first four fatima.

The other line of pure blood comes from Kaien. Due to Kaien having a fatima as his surrogate mother, he and his offspring inherit some of the fatima traits too: they do not age after maturity, and have very long life span. The Holy Chevalier Dupre, being the son of Kaien, is also an immensely powerful knight. The other son Max received further tweakings by Meeth Silver (following plans of Chrome Ballanche), and he is the strongest human of all times.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)