Help IDing these two mechs?

Super Dimensions Fortress Macross and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

Grebo Guru

Help IDing these two mechs?

Post by Grebo Guru » Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:23 am

Hi all,

I found these images at a site called the "4th robotech war". Its mostly lame, with lots of Gundam MSs ripped off and renamed, presented as Robotech machines. Gag!

But, it does have a couple of Zentradi/Meltrandi desgns that I find interesting. They look like the work of Koichi Ohata and they also look genuinely Zentran/Meltran...

Im not sure how to add a link to the images, though. A pointer or two would be welcome.

Thanks![/img]

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:13 pm

u mean u want to display the images directly in ur post? i'd make an example:

[ Img ]http://blah_blah/pic.jpg[ /img ] (without the spaces for the img tags).

hope that helped.

Anyway, i think i might have found the website u r talking about. is this the one?

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Spa/5972/mecha.html

if so, which mech are u talking about?

kosh

Post by kosh » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:32 am

Gebro,if you're talking about "hot linking"the images,please don't.I don't know what Tachyons stand is on hot linking to other sites,but as the moderator here,please don't.Hot linking steals band width from the site the image is on and with geocities,band width is a precious thing.If you want to post a normal link to the page the images are on that's fine,just copy it from your browsers adress bar and paste it to your post.If you're not talking about hot linking,I apologize and please disregard the first part of this message.
Do you understand?

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:58 pm

Ah yes, THAT's the website!

OK, so the page is the "4th Robotech War: Mecha Index", which is mostly a lot of ripping off of Gundam mecha. There is stuff from later Macross stories and from the Macross 2036 video game, but then there's these:

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Spa/5972 ... armor.html

which is identified as some kind of Meltrandi Strike Power Armor, and:

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Spa/5972 ... armor.html

which is identified as some kind of Zentraedi Command Power Armor.

Both of these look like they were designed by Koichi Ohata, which leads me to believe that they're from the Macross II period. However, I have never seen these designs before and Im very curious to know where they came from, what they are, and what they're really called...

Any help would be great! Thanks.
Rubel Colus wrote:Anyway, i think i might have found the website u r talking about. is this the one?

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Spa/5972/mecha.html

if so, which mech are u talking about?

Kuruni

Interesting

Post by Kuruni » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:45 pm

While I don't known those mech's true name. I found another page which mention that those Zentran's mecha are from Macross 2036...Section of this game not avaliable at MAHQ yet...
Justice will never lose!

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:36 pm

Whoo! Great link. "Robotech" turns my stomach, but the site has a few more Macross 2036 pics I have never seen before...

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:39 pm

How many mech designs were made for 2036? I made a page for 2036 here at Gears Online but I didn't have much information to work with.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:34 pm

Good question. Egan Loo (webmaster of the Macross Compendium) might know, and I just so happen to work with him here at Viz. I'll ask him. I gather you got all the art on your 2036 page from that issue of B-Club, right?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:26 pm

Yes, that's right. A B-Club issue. You've got to love those used book stores in Tokyo!
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Kuruni

Oh-uh...

Post by Kuruni » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:56 pm

Geez, somehow I don't notice that there is 2036 section here... :oops:
Justice will never lose!

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:19 pm

The 2036 designs are really badass, do they make models or toys for these designs? I used to have a few of the originals from the Robotech days, but they are all gone now (My dad tossed them out with everything else, including alot of rare Star Wars toys)

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:29 pm

Daishikaze wrote:The 2036 designs are really badass, do they make models or toys for these designs?
Hell no, they never made any toys nor models of that stuff. Macross 2036 was a video game which came out around the same time as the Macross II OVAs (in other words, its way old and obsolete). Considering that the MII timeline has been abandoned as an alternate universe by the current Macross canon, and considering how small a splash Macross 2036 made, verrrrry little was ever made available from it. In fact, aside from the B-Club issue those pics come from, and the Macross Entertainment bible (which just reprints the VF-1*R pictures), Ive never seen anything on Macross 2036 at all. Apparently there's a game guide out there somewhere, but its super hard to find and sure to be all but useless... maybe one or two drawings not found anywhere else, but that would be it. Too bad, too, really -- the Zentran and Meltran mecha from it are terrific.