Some noob questions about FSS

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:35 am

terminus wrote:intresting, but why is it that I aways see the LED Mirage so many times, (it dosen't realy seem that speacial, unique, or rare). And what exactly are they made to battle with the fantasy/fairy tale thing?
Its kind of a major plot point. Lets just say that the LED Mirage is not made to fight normal battles, but battles on a much, much higher battleground.
p.s. so I'm guessing MM (like MM Auge) and Mirages (LED, KOG, Jagd, Mighty series, etc.) are on par with each other?
not exactly. The "normal" Mirage Machines (Horned, Terror, Cross, Rogue, MH Auge, Schpeltor, Speed etc) are simply very powerful Top-tier Mortar Headds. They in no way shape or form compare to a true Machine Messiah from the Super Empire era.

The Jagd Mirage is in a class all its own. No normal Mortar Headd has any chance against it...it would probably take an entire squadron of top-tier MH's piloted by very powerful Headdliners with top-grade Fatimas to destroy one. Nagano has mentioned that one of the Jagd's will be destroyed in a future battle (a very epic battle) but the circumstances of its destruction are unknown at this time.

However, regardless of how powerful the Jagd Mirage is compared to other Mortar Headds, it (probably) doesn't stand a chance against a true Machine Messiah like a Yen Xing or possibly the MM: AUGE. First of all, the Machine Messiah were meant to amplify the abilities of Super Empire Headdliners (Known as Chivalries) which are about 10 times stronger than Joker Era Headdliners. I doubt if a Joker era Headdliner could use a Machine Messiah to its full potential, which is why we will probably never see the MM: AUGE's full capabilities.

The Knight of Gold is kind of an enigma. We're not sure exactly how powerful it is. As far as Engine Output is concerned, it is slightly under the Jagd Mirage. However is it on the same scale as the LED Mirage or simply a very powerful MH like the other Mirage Machines? We're not sure, its very mysterious and like its pilot and its co-pilot, its power is not fully understood.

The LED Mirage is a freak. Its so powerful, its not even considered a Mortar Headd. It requires a new classification to measure it, so now it is known as a Mortar Messiah. It is so powerful that no MH, MM, creature, being or spirit can defeat it. Not even a Dragon and its possible for it to even challenge gods! Of course, using it is extraordinarily dangerous, which is why it is only used a few times in Joker history. The amount of destruction just one LED can wreak limits their usefulness in normal combat. They are also notoriously difficult to control and not simply any fatima/headdliner combination can control one fully.
The LED's that were used during the Colus/Hagooda war were test models for the purpose to combat-testing the LED's armor plating. They weren't full power models. The fact that Sir Sydmian (the 5th Black Knight) was able to go toe-to-toe with a LED Mirage is a testament to his skill as a pilot and Fatima EST's amazing capabilities as well as the power of Vatshu and EST's Synchronize Flutter.

Later tonight I plan to create a thread about classifyng Mortar Headds and where they fall in relation to one another. Hopefully those posters who are knowledgable about such thing will grace us with their presence soon.
Shinei!

terminus

Post by terminus » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:32 am

so basically the LED Mirage trumps all other mechs in power? even trumps Mighty Series, and MMs, right?
However I don't understand why there so many differant types LED Mirages...if it's so uberly powerful why are they so common in the AKD? I see almost every AKD knight headliner pilots one.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:29 am

terminus wrote:so basically the LED Mirage trumps all other mechs in power? even trumps Mighty Series, and MMs, right?
Yes, they trump Machine Messiah. As far as the Mighty Series is concerned though, they are effectively the same level of power as the LED. In fact, the Akatsuki Hime (Maximum's Mighty Alpha) has been tuned to have even more power than the LED! The Mighty Series are essentially LED's themselves.

There is one MH that is of higher power than the LED Mirage. Thats the last Junchoon (ODK). It posseses a LED engine and with Clotho at the controls, its power is the highest of all. Clotho has the ability to sync perfectly with any Mortar Headd and can take them beyond their practical limits. That means Clotho combined with a LED Mirage style MH the potential is unlimited, thus why the ODK Junchoon is so powerful.
However I don't understand why there so many differant types LED Mirages...if it's so uberly powerful why are they so common in the AKD? I see almost every AKD knight headliner pilots one.
They aren't that common. The Mirage Knights are an elite corps of knights. Their numbers are fairly small. And yes, while there is almost enough LED's to have every Mirage Knight pilot one, there aren't very many of them compared to other superpowers who's MH forces number into the hundreds (or thousands in some cases)
Shinei!

Euhsung

Post by Euhsung » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:51 am

Well, if you really want to be specific, the LED designation refers to the engine itself. The reason for the MH to be called LED is because it is... the production model?... with the LED engine installed.

If you look at every MH with an LED installed on it, there are the letters LED in the model designations of every one of them.

The most powerful MH without Sopp's meddling is... I would argue for the Vashtu, but the Colus Girls' MH sure put up a hell of a fight. Xbin really is a genius - he's the MH meight equivalent of Carbyte. Notice that all of them have ties to Colus, which should be no surprise.

Oh, nearly forgot the Flame Empress. That thing is probably the most powerful (power output) MH that isn't in the AKD (LED variants notwithstanding), and at the hands of Depre...

One question though: what are those things in the FSS night skies if there are only 5 stars in the whole universe? Ships?[/i]

terminus

Post by terminus » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:26 pm

does the KOG 2 have an LED engine? I mean it should be really powerful since it's the flagship mech. And what exactly happened to it? all destroyed and what is the KOG version 3?

p.s. Yen Xing vs MM Auge, which is more powerful? and are there any more MMs left?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:28 am

terminus wrote:does the KOG 2 have an LED engine? I mean it should be really powerful since it's the flagship mech. And what exactly happened to it? all destroyed and what is the KOG version 3?
From what I understand, the KOG has its own engines and they are very powerful. Possibly more powerful than those found in the LED, but again, that is unknown at this time. KOG2 is still around. Some interesting stuff happens to it further down the timeline.
p.s. Yen Xing vs MM Auge, which is more powerful? and are there any more MMs left?
We don't know. The Yen Xing were some of the most powerful MM of the Super Empire era. The AUGE is unique and could very well be more powerful, but that is unknown. As for any more MM's, I'm sure more will appear at some point in the future, but we don't know of any at this time.
Shinei!

terminus

Post by terminus » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:41 am

wow, really? the KOG 2 (Patraqushie Mirage) isn't totally destroyed? yay! (the profile for it says it was destroyed by the Junchoon). It's one of my favorite MH since it looks soo cool. So it's still alive and in the storyline?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:03 am

terminus wrote:wow, really? the KOG 2 (Patraqushie Mirage) isn't totally destroyed? yay! (the profile for it says it was destroyed by the Junchoon). It's one of my favorite MH since it looks soo cool. So it's still alive and in the storyline?
Oh, you meant the Patraqushie Mirage. I though you meant the KOG Lachesis version. (which I think is the KOG2). There are actually 3 versions of the KOG:

Schpeltor is version 1
The K.O.G. "D" is version 2
The K.O.G. "D2" is version 3.

As far as I know, the "D2" is destroyed in battle against the ODK Junchoon.
Shinei!

terminus

Post by terminus » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:44 am

o darn...the Patrasque Mirage looked soo much cooler

o well, at least my other favorites like the MM Auge are still running.

and by the way, are we going to see the battle between the MM auge and the SR-1 Octaver any time soon? has it already happened?

-o yeah, is the Bangdoll up there with the MMs and LED Mirages in power???, according to its profile it on of the most powerful MHs in the galaxy and farley rare. (plus it looks cool lol)

Euhsung

Post by Euhsung » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:39 am

Oh, the KOG Atropos version uses the same twin LED engines that were in the MH AUGE (remember the one that she pulls out against Branford in vol. 8?) Although the superstructure was destroyed, the engines in the knees were not, and were retrieved by Sopp afterwards.

The Bang Doll is one of the premier mass-produced models (if it can be called that) in the galaxy in its time, and is one of the big three along with Hathuha's Atoll and Filmore's Siren. However, it is not a match for the MMs and the LEDs; almost nothing is, for that matter.

Read vol 12 if you want to see the fight, although it's largely a copout on Nagano's part. The scans shouldn't be too hard to find, I hope.

terminus

Post by terminus » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:41 pm

^the scans are near impossible to find for me at least, I've been trying to find any manga or scans with MM Auge, Yen Xing, or Orange Dragon, but so far turned out nothing.

-could anyone with scans send me some pics or parts of issues?
Email: dark_raven_claw123@yahoo.com

Euhsung

Post by Euhsung » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:03 pm

Someone posted the entire manga some time ago on 4chan (of all places), and the links should be still on rapidsearch somewhere. If you want to, you can certainly start looking there.

terminus

Post by terminus » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:12 am

I can't seem to find any manga torrents or downloads for FSS, I searched a lot of places. Anyone know what's the latest thing that has happened to the MM Auge and St. Green? has he fought the SR-1 Octavar yet? Is the Patrasque Mirage tottaly gone and destroyed and out of the storyline?

p.s. what issues does the MM. Auge, Yen Xing, and Patrisque Mirage appear?

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:25 am

Well, what you probably don't know is that while FSS has a main storyline, it also goes back and forth in time quite often. In fact, the first chapter is pretty much the end^^.
Also FSS is all about fate, destiny, with some godlike characters who can travel through time and space and dimensions, etc... I basically hate that (time paradox, fate stories, "oh noes! I'm gonna die and I can't do anything about it, so I'm gonna spent all my money, lolz"), but FSS is great enough that I don't care.
I think Nagano said something like "it's not much the facts that matter, but how they happen". So while we know the timeline of the whole story, from the beginning to the end, we still lack all the details.

So concerning the Patraqushe Mirage, while it hasn't appeared in the "main" storyline, and isn't even built yet, we know it's gonna be destroyed far in the future thanks to a vision in the mind of a character (and we see it being destroyed, but I can't remember wich book, I'm at work right now).
And we should get more of it when Nagano eventually draws that part in the "main" storyline.

Auge and SR1 kind of fight in book 11 or 12, but the fight was aborted. It hasn't been translated so I really don't know what exactly happens, maybe some reinforcements are coming for the SR1 or something.
But we'll probably see them again...

There should be some Korean scans on emule I think. Well there was some time ago^^
If you can't find them I'll see if I still have it on my HDD, or at least a few pics of the MH/MM.
If you really want to see the art and can get over the frustration of not being able to read the story, get the Japanese books, they're not that expensive compared to the hard-to-find English version.

terminus

Post by terminus » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:01 pm

o now I see, that explain a lot....so technically the P Mirage is going to be destroyed but has not yet..(hasn't even been built yet) , however I really really want to know the outcome of the fight between the SR-1 and MM Auge, and what's the KOG version 3? Ive seen models of it and it looks differant from both the KOG 1 and KOG AT.

p.s. aren't there fan translations of the mangas that are in Japanese? and does anyone know where to find a 1/100 scale Volks Hydra Mirage clear parts model??? (I don't care if it's resin or recast).