Favorite FSS story?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Ebrey

Favorite FSS story?

Post by Ebrey » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:05 pm

What's your favorite story in FSS? Mine is the main story in English volume 24 (Japanese volume 10), about Vatshu and John Weinzel. It's so simple and poignant, with no needless complications. Boy meets girl, boy and girl have a unique and beautiful relationship, boy and girl get f***ed by fate. Some of the complicated stories in FSS are interesting, but the Vatshu/Weinzel tale is still the purest kind of storytelling.

I also love the original story arc (Ladios Sopp is so likeable in this story that I wished he'd be in the later volumes more). and Traffics (because of Douglas Kaien).

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Re: Favorite FSS story?

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:34 am

Ebrey wrote:What's your favorite story in FSS? Mine is the main story in English volume 24 (Japanese volume 10), about Vatshu and John Weinzel. It's so simple and poignant, with no needless complications. Boy meets girl, boy and girl have a unique and beautiful relationship, boy and girl get f***ed by fate. Some of the complicated stories in FSS are interesting, but the Vatshu/Weinzel tale is still the purest kind of storytelling.
Thats like EVERYBODY'S favorite :)

I also love the original story arc (Ladios Sopp is so likeable in this story that I wished he'd be in the later volumes more). and Traffics (because of Douglas Kaien).
I think my personal favorite is the Assault of the Black Three! where Vos, Beauty and Decors attack Float Temple. Not simply because we get to see many of my favorite Mirages in combat (even though they get their butts kicked) but because of the sheer size of the BALLS required to even attempt such a feat. I got tons of respect for Weissmel now that I didn't have before that chapter.

I also really like how the Majestic Stand is playing out. The first full blown war in FSS (I know, Colus vs Hagooda, but we only got to see a very small part of that war) I'm very interested to see where it goes from here.
Shinei!

Ebrey

Post by Ebrey » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:19 pm

There are so many great Weissmel moments. The man drinks Jack Daniels ten thousand years in the future! He's the kind of character you love, and then feel guilty about loving.

My one problem with the Assault of the Black Three is that it's got 2 of FSS's main villains, but Beauty Peel was thrown in there without an introduction. That felt awkward - shouldn't she have had an intro story first?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:02 pm

Ebrey wrote:There are so many great Weissmel moments. The man drinks Jack Daniels ten thousand years in the future! He's the kind of character you love, and then feel guilty about loving.

My one problem with the Assault of the Black Three is that it's got 2 of FSS's main villains, but Beauty Peel was thrown in there without an introduction. That felt awkward - shouldn't she have had an intro story first?
By the contrary, Beauty was introduced long before the Assault of the Black Three in (Japanese) Volume 10. She was introduced during the Emperor Rescue Mission in (Japanese) Volume 7 (which corresponds to English volumes 15, 16 and 17. Beauty appears in English volume 17 on page 20)
Shinei!