Second Life?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tsunami65

Second Life?

Post by Tsunami65 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:24 am

Anyone here on Second life?
It is just that there is a group in SL that is made up of FSS fans.
So far the only one I have chatted too is a Japanese FSS fan, tho I am hopeful we can attract members from all over.
My dream would be to construct a MH in SL :)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:59 am

What exactly is Second Life?
Shinei!

Tsunami65

Post by Tsunami65 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:56 pm

Best way to answer that question is to google it and see, however, Second life is a virtual world which is created by it's inhabitants.
Everything from the shape of the land to the vehicles to the clothing worn by your avatar is created by the people who "live" there.
Therefore, it is perfect for those who,like anime/manga, and great for FSS fans. I have already seen a small version of the twin tower (the guns, not the Jagd) which was mighty impressive, and I hope that somone can turn out a fatima costume/character soon :)

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:27 pm

Mmh, you never heard of second life, was it (relatively) successful in Europe only then ?

There was some buzz around it a few months ago in France (or Europe maybe).
Tsunami65 has explained it, I would add that I never understood the hype around it.

The idea may be great, but unlike WoW (with out women :P ), you simply can't keep something coherent with all the players involved, moreover seeing how fast the graphic engines get old (even with some updates), and while graphic is not everything, it's really ugly IMO.

Part of the buzz may have come from the fact that you could make some real money from the game I think, not sure how.
It made the news a few times (cuz' TV news is crap made of 98% filler and camo-advertising reports).
There was really some hype around it. In France, the FN (extreme right wing party) had it's own virtual stand, and there was a virtual protest around it or something...
There was also some virtual live-shows (or at least one :p) by some folk guitarist or something, then I never heard of it again.

To tell the truth, I'm surprised it's successful enough to the point that enough FSS fans form a group :wink:

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:52 pm

I think I heard about it one time, but here in the USA, its all about WoW. (I've never played it though. I'm not really into MMO's)

People used to be able to make real money in WoW, Everquest, Ultima Online etc. People would sell their characters and rare-equipment on Ebay for ridiculous amounts of money. It got pretty bad at one time and I think they put a stop to it, but I'm not positive about that.
Shinei!