FSS issue 5/ Outline?/ Hagooda/ AAMEAIOS/ Lader VIII

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

cdg24

FSS issue 5/ Outline?/ Hagooda/ AAMEAIOS/ Lader VIII

Post by cdg24 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:29 pm

The Clotho arc impressed me, but I lack the details as to what happened in the (ENG) 5th issue. I know Colus defeated some Gellow Sgas-cone from Kneue Syltiss (who the hec does Gellow look like?).
Questions:
What is the nature of Queen AAMEAIOS's relationship with Boowray and Fillmore? Sorta like the Cleopatra-and-Rome relationsip?
I particularly want to read some of AAMEAIOS's dialogue.
What kind of geographic style does Hagooda embody? Arid, etc.?
I know Vralgo hates Colus, but what about Lader VIII's motivations? Lader VIII's a problematic character.
How does Queen Elmelah rejoice over Ulicul's death? Smugly? Happily? or confused?
The headliner(s) and fatima(s) that played a prominent role in this issue? Their character development, if any?
:shock: Answer at your leisure.

hitori

Re: FSS issue 5/ Outline?/ Hagooda/ AAMEAIOS/ Lader VIII

Post by hitori » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:18 pm

cdg24 wrote:Questions:
What is the nature of Queen AAMEAIOS's relationship with Boowray and Fillmore? Sorta like the Cleopatra-and-Rome relationsip?
Fillmore, in order to weaken and possibly topple Colus, lent its military power to Haguda Kingdom.
Boorei Mercenary Knights are a cover under which Headdliners from Filmore or A-Toll can operate incognito.
During the Colus-Haguda War, Filmore's Knights were using the disguise.
So I'd say it was more like relationship between Afghanistan and United States? :D
The US sent weapons and military advisors to Afgan. in order to use Taliban fighters against the USSR.
cdg24 wrote:What kind of geographic style does Hagooda embody? Arid, etc.?
Jungle and desert climates.
Kinda like north Africa during ancient Egypt.
cdg24 wrote:I know Vralgo hates Colus, but what about Lader VIII's motivations? Lader VIII's a problematic character.
His motivations are purely political.
It was revealed in Vol12 (JP) that Kalamity Goderce, the planet where Filmore Empire is located, is nearing its end.
It is said the planet's impending doom is due to a combination of aggressive terra-forming and natural aging of the planet.
The rulers of Kalamity has long since been aware of this, so they are looking for a suitable planet to colonize and migrate its people over to.
Colus-Haguda War was one of such efforts.
cdg24 wrote:How does Queen Elmelah rejoice over Ulicul's death? Smugly? Happily? or confused?
I'm not sure.
It appeared to me that she was grieving.
She is a heartbroken woman personally and publicly neglected by her beloved husband.
But she seems like a proud and intelligent person who won't debase herself to explosions of bitterness and jealousy.
She probably just wanted to vent her frustrations by saying harsh words to Clotho, whom she thought of as the same sort (a Fatima) who took her husband away.
cdg24 wrote:The headliner(s) and fatima(s) that played a prominent role in this issue? Their character development, if any?
Would you point out a few?

cdg24

Post by cdg24 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:32 pm

hitori wrote:
So I'd say it was more like relationship between Afghanistan and United States? :D The US sent weapons and military advisors to Afgan. in order to use Taliban fighters against the USSR.
Interesting! Though this does not reveal AAMEAIOS's personal background.
hitori wrote:
It was revealed in Vol12 (JP) that Kalamity Goderce, the planet where Filmore Empire is located, is nearing its end.
Is there any info on the unihabited (?) planets like Pestako (which, if I remember correctly, is controlled by Kallamity)?
hitori wrote: Would you point out a few?
Maybe Gellow, Ulicul, and Clotho. I'm not sure who were the players in Vol 5 (Eng).
--
Thanks!

hitori

Post by hitori » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:21 pm

cdg24 wrote:Though this does not reveal AAMEAIOS's personal background.
Aameaios isn't discussed in detail anywhere.
cdg24 wrote:Is there any info on the unihabited (?) planets like Pestako (which, if I remember correctly, is controlled by Kallamity)?
Not all uninhabited planets are fit for colonization.
The current inhabited planets; Delta Belune, Kalamity Goderce, Juno etc; are the ones they were able to do so on.
Pretty much all planets known to the people of Joker Galaxy (that is fit for human life) has been colonized at this point.
cdg24 wrote:Maybe Gellow, Ulicul, and Clotho. I'm not sure who were the players in Vol 5 (Eng).
LOL They all died! :D (well, except Clotho, but she's in a coma-like state)
Just kidding.
I'll try to write something about them later.

hitori

Post by hitori » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:01 am

For Clotho and Ulicul, check out this page.
http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/characters/char-name.php
Nu Soard and Tachyon put together an excellent database of profiles.

Giero Skaskonich* [??~2989]
A headdliner of Filmore's Knue Syltiss Knights.
Master of Fatima Shuusha.
Pilot of MH Siren and Siren-based MH Boorei(Yellow model).
Presumed to be an excellent knight and a headdliner to be assigned to the guerrilla team fighting against a military superpower such as the Colus Empire.
As is typical for a knight of the Filmore Empire, he views Fatimas as mere weapons of war and holds no sympathy for them.

During his final battle with Colus III, Giero demonstrates his excellent battlefield tactics and MH piloting skills by correctly recognizing Junchoon's flaws and critically wounding Colus III, who is one of Joker Galaxy's finest warrior kings.
He also mortally wounds Fatima Ulicul.
Giero ultimately meets his death by the hands of Colus III in a spadd duel when Colus charges disregarding his own life.
If not for the Mirage Knights' involvement, Giero's team would have captured Colus' King and her flagship MH.

Giero's body and MH were recovered and were sent back to his homeland.

*This spelling is my reading of the original text written in katakana.