Automatic Flowers updated 2/14/08

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

hitori

Automatic Flowers updated 2/14/08

Post by hitori » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:23 pm

http://automaticflowers.ne.jp
Go check it out.

Nagano's art style seems to have changed somewhat.
There also is some information about the upcoming EST calendar.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:25 pm

Thanks for the update. I appreciate fellow FSS fans keeping me up to date on these things. An Est calendar, eh? Sounds like fun. She's a likable character.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:55 am

What do you mean about the style changing? I don't see it.
Shinei!

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:49 pm

Mmh, well he mostly changed the way he draws the eyes I think, a few pics from FSS Designs 2 already looked that way. They look a bit lifeless though IMO, would need to see it in the manga to make my mind on it, but hey, this is taboo :þ
Also his latest artwork look a bit too digital IMO, well, more than before.

Hi BTW, I'm still alive^^ (got some job, gotta wake up sooooo early in the morning (7h30AM is pretty early for me))

Anyway, I don't care much about a calendar and if there is no new MH, I'll probably skip FSS Designs 3 whenever it's supposed to come out, if it does, as I probably browsed the 2 twice then let it rest on the shelf.
I'm really curious of what Nagano's up to... Gothicmade has been in work for almost 2 years now, and we haven't had any news for quite some time. Is he doing it all alone à la Makoto Shinkai ? Is it in trouble and no one knows about it ?
Does anyone who can read Japanese (Hitori ? ^_^) has registered on the automatic flowers messageboard ? or whatever it actually is ? and knows whatever is going on in this forum ? If anything is going on that is ? :p

Also, this is of little interest, or no interest at all as it returned nothing new, but I mailed them, in English, hoping I would at least get an answer even if it was to tell me they can't say anything, but nope, nothing, no answer.

Hey, the other day, the idea of selling my whole collection even passed through my mind. Not that I'm ready to make the step (after so much struggle getting them all xD), but just having that kind of idea is kind of weird, it feels the same as when I'm not in the mood to listen to some metal for some time and start wondering if the day I'd stop liking heavy music has finally come :p

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:57 am

Hey, Falk. It's great to hear from you. I hope your new job is going well.

I sort of float into and out of FSS "moods" too. I think it would be easier to get hyped up if I had a AKD flag to hang on my office wall like the Gundam Zeon flag I have up.

I still get pretty excited when I hear about a new manga volume or artbook. Having a broken scanner gets me kind of down but maybe this year I'll finally fix that.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:29 am

Let me know when you get that fixed, because I've been in the mood to do more profiles lately. We still need to get characters up related to Hathua and Addler...
Shinei!