Sadness! WebArchive Heika pages are gone!

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

machine mess

Sadness! WebArchive Heika pages are gone!

Post by machine mess » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:09 pm

I just went over to webarchive.org to glance at the archived Heika.net pages and they have been taken away from us.

This seems really sad to me as it was one of the only remaining ways to help newbies get started now that the English translations are getting so hard to buy.

Did anyone cache all that stuff that was archived? And if so is there some way we can figure out how to make it available again?

This kind of makes me feel like FSS for non-Japanese is getting further and further out of reach, which is very sad to me.

BTW I still can't figure out why Nagano hasn't worked a deal with any of the US manga publishers to bring out translated small format tankouban. IMO that format would bring about a huge resurgence in English-speaking FSS fandom. They could clean up the old translations and get most of us who already bought the magazine-sized books to pay all over again.

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:07 pm

What exactly did Heika.net have as far as FSS content? I'm a newbie to FSS and I got all the information I needed from here at gearsonline.net. I'm not really sure what else could have been told to new fans that isn't already here. I've almost got every issue from 1-7 and enjoying it.

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:03 pm

Heika.net had a lot of random good stuff; I mainly remember it for it's L-Gaim pages. I would not have been able to find out more about it if it weren't for Heika

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:01 am

Mr March wrote:What exactly did Heika.net have as far as FSS content? I'm a newbie to FSS and I got all the information I needed from here at gearsonline.net. I'm not really sure what else could have been told to new fans that isn't already here. I've almost got every issue from 1-7 and enjoying it.
Heika.net had english synopsis of Japanese FSS books 1 through 10. It was also pretty much the first message board dedicated to FSS in english and where some of the posters who lurk here first met many many years ago.
Shinei!