Where the heck are the manga?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:39 pm

Looks like I might be screwed on this auction. There's a bidding feud going on between two guys and it doesn't look like it's going to stop :(

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:00 pm

I won! There's a surprise. Little pricey at $26, but given the option of ordering overseas, I think this was worth it. Thanks again, Neeyahaha. I hope I can help you out in the future. I'll keep my eyes open for #2.

I'm really eager for this book to show up in my mail box. This could be the beginning of my fandom for FSS :)

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:04 pm

#12 just came in the mail for me today. I haven't opened it yet, but this means I only have nine issues left.

...I can't believe I started collecting just this past spring...

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:39 pm

Wow, you've done well. If I really like FSS, I hope I'm as lucky as you have been with the next batch of issues I'll have to purchase.

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:14 pm

Of course, this is leaving out the fact that I've spent ~$170, probably more, and that I had to deal with a company that didn't get the comics back in stock from their dealer, leaving me to wait in pseudo-limbo for about 6 months, then didn't refund my money for another month after that.

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:26 am

I take it back :)

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:41 pm

A store called The Beguiling in Toronto has copies of issues #4,#5,#7 and #24. I was thinking of picking up #24, but I'm so far away from that issue (only have #1-7) that I just couldn't bring myself to grab it. Anyway, if this can help the rest of you, it's worth posting.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:15 am

If you have a chance I suggest you get it. The English version is getting so hard to find that you basically need to buy them the moment you see one you're missing, regardless of where it lies in the order of volumes.
Shinei!

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:17 am

I understand but to be honest, I don't think I'll be getting many more. All the stores I've been too both locally and called/e-mailed cross country have issues in the 1-10 range. Almost no one has anything over issue #10. I was able to piece together my 1-7 with purchases from three different stores and one eBay auction. But it looks like that's about as far as I can get. Short of a case auction or a lucky break at some hobby store, there's no way I can piece together 8-24 even using every store I've contacted across the country.

It's a shame, because these books are really good. I like the story and the mecha rock. Guess I'll just have to hope for some collected edition in the future or maybe online versions when the retail market finally gets a brain.

Spilt_Milk

Re: Where the heck are the manga?

Post by Spilt_Milk » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:51 am

If you live in toronto I can let you skim mine in a donut shop LAWL. I got 1-26 english. I bought them when i lived in NYC. vol 1-7 are the cheesy translation from the version that is stapled and not like the binded ones from diamond.

gotlurk.net is your friend for all things manga scanilation and raws #lurk@irchighway.net

theultimatebrucelee

Re: Where the heck are the manga?

Post by theultimatebrucelee » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:01 am

your selling your them too right?

I'm looking for 17, 23-26 to complete my collection, let me know please.

Thanks!!