Where the heck are the manga?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Akito

Post by Akito » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:23 pm

Now it seems that I have one problem more that makes my FSS manga buyings even more difficult. USA sellers has cheapest prices and most of the numbers available, but they *do not make international shippings*
Argh! I mean, how difficult it can be?! There are FSS fans elsewhere than USA, you know ;_;

Schpeltor

Post by Schpeltor » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:05 am

"I'm keeping a look out on evilbay as well. Luckily, these are low cost items so I don't have any problems going to eviseratebay"

Low cost items, hmm? Check this out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/488775 ... e&n=283155

And the prices (when you can find them) get worse all the time. Some lunatic was selling individual issues for $900-$1000 about a year ago...

TSP

Post by TSP » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:44 am

A comic shop in the next bigger city from my place has the following copies in stock. Price is 11.95 Euro each. Its rather pricey cause $ exchange rate to Euro is quite low. I remember to have mentioned this before. Its only an option if you can't find any of these issues anywhere and don't want to pay those enormous amounts like in Amazon.
Comicothek Homepage is in German but the also take international orders in English. Please consider that shipment fees from the EU or Germany aren't cheap as well.
Vol.1 2x
Vol.2 2x
Vol.3 2x
Vol.4 2x
Vol.5 2x
Vol.6 2x
Vol.9 1x
Vol.10 1x
Vol.11 2x
Vol.12 2x
V0l.13 1x
Vol.15 1x

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:53 pm

Anyone selling these for over $15-20 a book is cheating you...big time! A price tag of $900-$1,000 is absurdity in the highest degree. There simply isn't a collectors market for these books. They aren't popular enough, so paying an outrageous price is not worth it since virtually no one is interested in paying top dollar for them.

I just found three issues of the english FSS manga in a local comic book store this past weekend. They were $15 each but the guy jumped at my interest, offering me the three books for $30 just because he wanted to get rid of them.

Also, some ten auctions for one volume a piece just ended a few weeks back on eBay and less than half the seller's auctions closed. He was selling them for $11.95 each.

So let this be a word to the wise; the english FSS books ARE NOT collectors items! They are rare, yes, but that's not the same as a collectors item. If you pay an enormous amount for these books, you'll never see a return because they are not in demand. Only a very small number of fans like us really want them and not enough of us are willing to pay high prices. The internet is a fools paradise and people try to con you out of money constantly. Amazon.com marketplace is no different and in fact is even worse the evilbay most of the time.

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:03 pm

TSP wrote:A comic shop in the next bigger city from my place has the following copies in stock. Price is 11.95 Euro each. Its rather pricey cause $ exchange rate to Euro is quite low. I remember to have mentioned this before. Its only an option if you can't find any of these issues anywhere and don't want to pay those enormous amounts like in Amazon.
Comicothek Homepage is in German but the also take international orders in English. Please consider that shipment fees from the EU or Germany aren't cheap as well.

*snip*
Thanks TSP. Actually, the exchange is very good. My Canadian Dollar is currently at 1.06 USD, a 30 year high! At current exchange, each book from this dealer in Germany would only be $16.30. Of course, the shipping is the killer and probably doubles the price once all is said and done.

Still, thanks for the link. If I'm unable to secure issue number one any other way, I'll have to buy from this store in Germany. At least it's available :)

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:02 pm

http://myworld.ebay.ca/justice1581/

This guy's got issues 2, 3, 4 and 8 for sale. I'm watching #2, so the rest of you back off (just playing.. may the best bidder win), but the rest are fair game. Might be #6, as well. Can't remember.

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:22 am

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:49 am

Thanks. I can't go into a bidding war, so I doubt I'll win. But I'm gonna put in a big for a reasonable sum and see if maybe I get lucky. Or unlucky, depending upon how one looks at it :) If I do win this issue and it turns out I love the manga, it appears my troubles tracking down the rest will just begin :) :P

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:29 am

This is probably common sense, but I'd suggest not putting in that sum until the last day. That way you'll avoid most of the bidding wars. If there's only the one person who's already put a bid on it, you should be good. Assuming he didn't put a huge amount on it either..

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:17 am

Of course. I hadn't planned on bidding till the close. But I'm gonna do a little collating to come to my top price first. Gonna see how much it is to get it elsewhere. So far prices have been reasonable for the issues, so I can't go too high. Nonetheless, I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can get this one :)

So did you wing that auction of the first 10 issues you posted earlier?

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:53 pm

I'm only missing #2 out of the first 10, and I don't feel like going to the trouble to sell off whatever extras I would get. If I'm still trying to get missing issues a couple years down the road, I guess I'll start buying whole sets, but for now I'll just hold out for the single issue I need.

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:34 am

Well, I'll definitely share any leads should I come across for issue #2.

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:44 am

That'd be awesome.

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:36 pm

It's the least I could do. If you hadn't mentioned this auction for #1, I would have missed it.

Canadian FSS Fan

Post by Canadian FSS Fan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:42 am

now that we are on the topic, I have 1-12 and 26 (bought that at this record/comic shop in calgary, it had tons of dust on it)
anything in between i am willing to grab.

Its just too bad they are out of print now and japanese volume 12 is kind of on the backburner.

hopefully when nagano gets back to it we will see these re-pressed.