Question about FSS Manga

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

stf1

Question about FSS Manga

Post by stf1 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:34 pm

I have about 12 issues but my question is.
Vol's 1-4 are printed like comic books with a rounded spine.
However 5-12 are printed square bound.

Is this normal? Are my issues 1-4 original and the others second printing?

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:44 am

They switched bindings at about the point you noticed. But they went back and reprinted the first run with square binding. This was because Diamond Distributing started to carry them then.

I really wish someone over in Nippon would get off his bottom and allow the translations to continue.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:46 am

The original printing...volumes 1-12 were the folded n stapled "comic-style" version. After that initial run, Toyspress made a deal with the larget comics distributors to get FSS into national circulation (at that time it was only carried at Kinokuniya bookstores in very limited number of cities) and from volume 13 to volume 26, they were printed in Squarebound format. Volumes 1-12 were also reprinted in squarebound format with some additional material included, thus there are two versions of volume 1-12, where volume 13-26 are squarebound only.
Shinei!

stf1

Post by stf1 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:34 pm

>Volumes 1-12 were also reprinted in squarebound format with some additional material included, thus there are two versions of volume 1-12, where volume 13-26 are squarebound only.
>>>>>

I see!
Does the continuity of the story change with the different versions?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:38 am

stf1 wrote:

I see!
Does the continuity of the story change with the different versions?
Not at all. The contents of the manga are exactly the same, barring some proper editing of mistakes made in the original printing. The additional material is in the supplemental material included in the back of the volumes which explain more about the Joker universe for the uninitiated.
Shinei!

stf1

Post by stf1 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:12 am

Cool!
Thanks