FSS cover artwork?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Akito

FSS cover artwork?

Post by Akito » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:29 pm

I found this picture from some gallery page while ago. My first question is that is it really Nagano's artwork? Because for me, it screams for Thores Shibamoto (Trinity Blood novel arts) and it seems to be so much different from his other works that I have seen so far.
Second question is, excatly what cover is that anyway? Those 12 comic covers I have seen, has different artwork.
And the picture is here http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2619 ... fivaw5.jpg

Ladycus sopp

Post by Ladycus sopp » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:42 pm

Wath?! Kallen and MMT Demon?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:28 am

It could very well be Thores work. Thores is a big Nagano fan (was he a protoge of Naganos?) and has done FSS artwork for NEWTYPE several times before.
Shinei!

Akito

Post by Akito » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:13 pm

wow that is cool to hear since I am big fan of both of their works! I would be very interested to see other Thores FSS works if somebody have scans, or possibly knows in which Newtype numbers those are located.

Newton

Post by Newton » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:13 am

Shibamoto also worked with MN on FSS as an assistant. I found that out when I asked why Trinity Blood's designs looked like Five Star Stories.

That cover is gorgeous!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:12 am

yes, that is Thores' work, no doubts abt it. someone must've Photoshopped the picture to look like the cover of vol 12, or maybe this is a bootleg?

If u watched Trinity Blood anime, u can see Rogner in action. :twisted:
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

ForeverFlawless

Post by ForeverFlawless » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:45 pm

Yep, that's Thores's artwork all right! I'm a Trinity Blood fan, heh.

Thores has done other FSS artwork before this cover. I remember one he did of Christine V and Machi as well, a few years back.