Unofficial English translation for Prima Classe Hugtrang

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

ForeverFlawless

Post by ForeverFlawless » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:47 am

Rubel Colus wrote:I totally agree with what Tachyon had said - regarding the taking down of NT scans pages and also editing the manga pages with the english text (much easier to read).

and thanks to ForeverFlawless for taking time to do this! two thumbs up! :D

PS > BTW the only page that was changed in the tankouban was the benz page - the horsepower nerfed to 700 xD
Bored at work mah, Rubel Colus, heh heh.

Unfortunately, I noticed in the later scans, there's a watermark on every page though? Can we still photoshop the text in that case? :(

Btw, I noticed that too. That sometimes Nagano has a habit of re-drawing certain panels. So what's published in the Newtype serials may be different in the tankoubans a times!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:36 am

wah so good ah? working still can do this!! can recommend me to your job? i join u leh? xD

as for scans. i have non-watermarked ones, but i think is the tankouban version not the NT version.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

ForeverFlawless

Post by ForeverFlawless » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:12 am

Rubel Colus wrote:wah so good ah? working still can do this!! can recommend me to your job? i join u leh? xD

as for scans. i have non-watermarked ones, but i think is the tankouban version not the NT version.
My job pay peanuts! PEANUTS! lol Got busy days also but these few days a bit free...hohoho~~~~

Hmm, the tankouban translation are slightly different but just mostly in the wordings used. Otherwise, they're more or less the same. If you're willing to scan, I could try and redo a translation that's closer to the tankouban.

~~~Edit~~~
Oh I also cropped some of the larger scans here to fit the forum boxes better!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:25 pm

LOL... peanuts means ALOOOOOT nowadays in SG context heheh... if its about 600k per year, i'd do it for 1/2 that amount. :twisted:

u didnt buy the chinese vol 12? it might still be available at kino. and those scans are not done by me.

anyway, sent u a pm.
8)
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

ForeverFlawless

Post by ForeverFlawless » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:42 pm

Rubel Colus wrote:LOL... peanuts means ALOOOOOT nowadays in SG context heheh... if its about 600k per year, i'd do it for 1/2 that amount. :twisted:

u didnt buy the chinese vol 12? it might still be available at kino. and those scans are not done by me.

anyway, sent u a pm.
8)
No no! In my case, peanuts is REALLY peanuts :!:

I bought Chinese vol 12 already, haha. I bought it in HK actually as I happened to be there and it was a lot cheaper! Not sure how much Kino charges but Comics Connection was selling it for about SG$22. In HK, it was SG$10.50 only. Talk about your import fees....

Thanks! Got your PM :D Although Tachyon offered to input the text, I actually wouldn't mind trying it myself, only I have no idea how to photoshop out the existing Chinese words!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:32 pm

I'll be happy to host the fan translation of these pages on the Gears Online FSS pages. Let me know what scans you want to submit and if you want me or someone else to edit the scans. Private messaging me here on the message board always gets my attention.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:44 pm

Thanks for those translations FF^^
FSS storyline is really what's lacking those days... well, those days and all the previous days since about 2 years :roll: (even though, to tell the truth, after reading I'm not particularly a fan of the Hughtrang/Cha-ti story :P I'd rather see Nagano carry on with the main story than adding new and kind of over-the-top characters while so many are underused or may always be (Orbit anyone ? :roll: ))
But don't let my ever-blasé attitude stop you from translating^^ (blasé is used in English ? great, héhé)

Yeah editing is annoying... Once upon a time I started a French scanlation of FSS... I gave it a try and did about 30 pages I think (the whole prologue), but never carried on for various reasons ("second hand" translation, unperfect English, etc...), and I was really nitpicking about the scan quality... :roll: (and scanning is sooo annoying, kudos to Tachyon for scanning so much stuff for Gears^^)
Also rephrasing the original text and fitting all in the bubbles was really difficult sometimes, as French often takes more place than English xD.

(And my opinion about I.P. and hosting and all, of course I'm not the one hosting the scans and all, but as it looks like the non-Japanese market is of no interest, screw it and lets get our fix by ourselves :twisted: )

errol

Post by errol » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:04 pm

-delete-

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Re: Unofficial English translation for Prima Classe Hugtrang

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:11 am

Welcome!

This forum is currently very very slow because Nagano has put his manga on hold, but he's supposed to pick it back up as soon as the movie he's working on is finished and released. Supposed to be this year or early next year.
Shinei!